1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DFW meet

Discussion in 'Texas' started by doubletaco, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Apr 26, 2011 at 9:52 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

03TRDtacotrucker No Road. No Problem.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    03 SC double cab TRD SR5 4X4
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    :D
    I freaking love the new 4.88 gears, so worth the money. Its like driving a new truck now, not to mention just got over 17mpg to my last tank, thats city/hwy driving, used to only get like 14.5mpg so big difference there. The low end power is great now, no longer have to floor it just to get up to highway speeds, cant wait for bridgport meet to try them on the trails :D.

2. Apr 26, 2011 at 9:55 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    06 dodge ram 3500 5.9 cummins
    id have to say go with the icons....its not like there is going to some kind of huge ride quality improvement with the kings....well not atleast how ever much you are spending extra on them wont be worth the small gains if any that you get.

3. Apr 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    cohrmundt

cohrmundt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    4.88 nitro gears, Detroit rear, Projector headlights, Relentless Fab custom bumpers and sliders, 6" Pro Comp suspension, all pro leafs, 37x13.5x17 toyo open country tires, method racing wheels, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, DTLT headers, K&N CAI, URD MAF calibrator, grillcraft grill with 30" and 20" led bars behind, windshield mounted 50" led bar, Infinity 6x9 speakers, Custom box w/MTX 7500 10"sub, MTX 1200 watt amp, blue led gauge cluster and radio mod, URD short shifter, fiberwerx fenders
    Sounds awesome!! im ready for some better gas mileage!:D

you got a really good point there! that is most likely the route i will be taking:D

4. Apr 26, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    SuperTaRD9904

SuperTaRD9904 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    FortWorth
    Vehicle:
    04 long travel supercharged Taco
    TRD supercharger, +3 control arms, long travel, king coilovers, glassworks unlimited fenders, hood and bedsides, deaver j59 leafs sprung under, custom exhaust out of bedside, kartek bedcage with spare tire carrier, full sound system, completely rebuilt with 17k miles.
    KING's ftw! haha. Sorry I have to rep the kings, wouldn't go any other way. I have had kings on every one of my trucks and have never once had a problem. I know people with icon on their Tacoma and they broke or the shafts got messed up.

5. Apr 27, 2011 at 6:38 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger, URD 7th injector, Map 3 ECU, 2.2 URD pulley, Doug Thorley headers, Bear River tru performance hi flow cat, 18" Magnaflow muffler, 6" fabtech lift, 33" Goodyear wrangler tires, the old all pro tube rear bumper, ARB front bumper with smitty built 8k winch, pro comp krawlers 87 series wheels, roof rack, 60" hi-lift jack, K&N intake, grey wire mod, front and rear diff breather mod, G2-performance 4.56 gears w/ royal purple oil, red top optima battery, PreRunner Tiregate with full size spare, Radflo front coilovers, Custom home made front skid plate, rear bilstein 5150 series shocks, Elite sliders w/o kick, Camburg UCA, mech grill with old school TOYOTA logo, ash tray removal Cobra CB radio w/ Firestik - List as of 1-17-18
    just did some midnight trail/stress relief last night at the side entrance off euless main for mosier valley, 4wd works great now, tried to see how far I could get in 2wd got stuck driving to slow through a some clay slush and completely forgot about my rear E-lock could have stayed in 2wd if I used it....plenty of drivable trails out there still if you have some good ground clearance so we should do a pre-bridgeport trail ride some weekend soon, and make sure our rigs are ready :)

6. Apr 27, 2011 at 9:53 AM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    How far is that place from carrollton

7. Apr 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    SuperTaRD9904

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    FortWorth
    Vehicle:
    TRD supercharger, +3 control arms, long travel, king coilovers, glassworks unlimited fenders, hood and bedsides, deaver j59 leafs sprung under, custom exhaust out of bedside, kartek bedcage with spare tire carrier, full sound system, completely rebuilt with 17k miles.
    I'm down! I want to take mine out. I ordered my 7th injector kit last night so I should have it by Saturday, and i'll be spending much needed time installing it! Can't wait to test it out.

8. Apr 27, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    ya let me know ill be free saturdays after lunch hopefully if nothing goes down at work over the next couple weeks.

Im surpirsed you didnt already have the 7th injector on, how bad was the pinging?

9. Apr 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    SuperTaRD9904

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    FortWorth
    Vehicle:
    For sure! I didn't have it yet because I had a bunch of other bills to pay and I was in-between jobs. But now that I got an even better job, i'll be spending more time on the truck :) And I am possibly getting a 2nd gen Taco and building it up the same way. Then i'll have 2 Tacoma's lol.
    The pinging was only noticeable at 3k, and it was bad. But sounded cool :D hahaha.

10. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:49 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    4.88 nitro gears, Detroit rear, Projector headlights, Relentless Fab custom bumpers and sliders, 6" Pro Comp suspension, all pro leafs, 37x13.5x17 toyo open country tires, method racing wheels, Flowmaster exhaust w/cutout, DTLT headers, K&N CAI, URD MAF calibrator, grillcraft grill with 30" and 20" led bars behind, windshield mounted 50" led bar, Infinity 6x9 speakers, Custom box w/MTX 7500 10"sub, MTX 1200 watt amp, blue led gauge cluster and radio mod, URD short shifter, fiberwerx fenders
    so is there actually mud out there now?? its been so dry out there the past months...

depends on how deep you are into carrollton. if you are close to 121 then it should only take you 15-20 minutes to get there, depending on the traffic with all tha construction going on.

11. Apr 27, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    Ya there was tons of good big puddles out there, it just rained alot around here so plenty of mud, didnt get too adventurous just cause I couldnt see shit without my flood covers off so just drove down a couple trails till they forked and turned around, but was a much need test for the 4wd that went perfect :D
    heres a pic of the truck havent gotten around to washing yet usually hate leaving mud on like that, but ill wash it once I get my tiregate in so it'll look like a brand new truck :)
    DSC00883.jpg

12. Apr 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    damn, wish i coulda went. i almost went out there today to check it out. just didnt wanna get to deep in there without 4wd and by myself

13. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    ya thats how I felt didnt want to get stuck and not be able to get out with my winch and have to leave it over night, thats the last place you want to leave your vehicle cause it will be stripped by the morning seen it before to one of my friends little brothers bronco and they took everything even stripped parts off the engine was nutz.

14. Apr 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    you got that right, most cars would be set on fire when left overnight. but it seems lately i havent seen too many people down there like there used to be, when tha huge parties were always goin on

15. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:24 PM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    ya i remember doing all the partying out there in highschool thats what got me into wheeling, ya used to be really bad out their late at night for awhile cause the tongan (sp?) gangs would go out their just to cause nothing but trouble and burn and strip stuck trucks.

so is anyone going out to the trails this weekend? heard there might be a pre-game trail ride before tilted kilt? I work till 12pm but should be free after that as long nothing else comes up.

16. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    achirdo

achirdo I Weld!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    did someone say high school parties?

17. Apr 28, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    doubletaco

doubletaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Magnolia
    Vehicle:
    16 Quicksand TRD O/R 4x4
    TRD FJ Wheels, LED Fog lights
    It's fight night at the Kilt Saturday night, GSP is fighting.

18. May 2, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    cohrmundt

Member:
    First Name:
    Cullen
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD SPORT 4X4
    so i think we got enough rain, Larry, you wanna try out tha 4wd:D

19. May 3, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    skb7527

skb7527 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McKinney, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica 4X4
    Goodyear Wrangler UltraTerrain AT tires with America Outlaw Sheriff wheels, Bilstein 5100s all the way around, OME coils, Toytech ICONS HD leafs, debadged, removed pin stipe, chopped tail pipe, weather tech floor mats, Leer color match topper, Toyota bed mat, homemade eight ball gear shifter and 4XInnovations weld on sliders
    What time are we meeting at the Kilt?

20. May 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
    03TRDtacotrucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    North Richland Hills, TX
    Vehicle:
    so Cullen you not going to the bridgport trail meet may 14th weekend? could use some more 4wd tacos out there.....

Products Discussed in

To Top