1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

system price

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Menametony, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:15 PM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    Retail price on all the equipment I have (at the time that I purchased each) about $2500 total. I have used some of the items in my setup in several cars. The subs have gone in 3 vehicles now and my amps in two. I purchased some bulk 4 awg wire that I have used in like 8 setups (used to do some installs for other folks).

As for the DVD usefulness... It is handy for burning large compelations of music (but I think I'd rather have an iPod hooked up. I don't watch movies on it, but it is cool to know that I can.

2. Jan 3, 2009 at 5:50 PM
    kmrofka

kmrofka Im so hungry i can ride a horse...

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    03 V6 Prerunner SR5
    Stripped down to the frame
    i dropped 1400 for a touch screen deck, kicker amp and solobaric l5 with box. thats about a estimate included installation.

3. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:15 PM
    craigFLA

craigFLA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Sport Pkg.#1, XSP Package
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs
    To date, I've spent somewhere between 8 and 9k. Not done yet, as I still havent decided on which NAV unit, and havent purchased my sound deadning, so I suspect the total will be around 11k :eek:.

I've been shopping for deals and collecting equipment for over a year now, while working on various projects like building FG door pods and relocating the hazard switch/clock assembly to the lower console to install my Audio Control three.1 in the factory hazard/clock dash opening.

4. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    LonghornTaco

LonghornTaco Can you pass the bailout please?

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Black 09 4x4 TRD Off Road Doublecab
    3" ToyTec coilover lift on Bilstein 5100s, Total Chaos UCAs, ToyTec diff drop, Scangauge II, 4D MagLite mounted on the drivers seat, Painted engine cover, Painted calipers (red), Painted skid plate (red) Valentine 1 radar detector hard wired, Damplifier Pro on the floor, back wall and doors, Luxury Liner Pro on the floor and doors, Kenwood DNX8120, 2 Pioneer TS-SW1041D 10" shallow mount subs, 2 Pioneer PRS-D4200F 1200W amps, Mr Marv sub enclosure, Hybrid Audio Clarus 6.5" components in the front doors, Alpine 5.25" coaxials in the rear doors, A.R.E. LSII fiberglass tonneau cover, All Pro bumper, All Pro sliders, Wet Okole seat covers, Sockmonkey Mountain badges, PIAA 510 SMR Driving Lights, Warn M8000 Winch, Bud Built skids
    A 15" sub in a Taco? Or was that an "I" 5?

:popcorn:

5. Jan 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Leather, 20" rims, Borla cat-back exhaust, running boards, back up camera/3" screen in rear view mirror, carbon fiber interior trim. Tow Package. MODS: URD intake BHLM. Tinted tails & 3rd brake light Fog Light mod. 5pc Grill Craft (High Gloss Black powder-coat) T-Rex eye-lids AVS Wind Deflectors 3M Window Tint 15 front/30 rear OBX Sports Pedals Viper 5901 / remote start Pioneer AVIC F90BT-NAV Hybrid L8's in doors, L4's and Dynaudio MD102 tweets in custom kicks, morel rear-fill, JL TW5-13" sub, JBL MS-8, 2@Tru B475, Tru 4.65, PPI a600.2, PPI 456 X-over, Raamat BX2 and ensolite. relocated rear seats 3/4" Retrax cover electric dual "dead-bolt-lock" electric tailgate lock. electric Dynalock for Retrax Cover/custom fabricated case. kinetik second battery/power-gate isolation. Powerslot Cryogenic rotors, Hawks HPS Pads, SS lines,painted calipers&drums FULL trans flush mod OE Denso plugs

Unfortunately, I dont see me completing this anytime soon, as I have entirely too many projects going at once!

Right now, Im trying to buy a house, make progress and complete a custom bike Ive been building for 3 years, complete another set of blacked-out headlights (I dont like the flat black on mine now), waiting to get my 5pc grill back from powdercoating so I can install it, havent installed my HID kit from the group buy yet, and on and on...lol...

Havent installed an alarm yet!!!

I cant finish the dash mods 100% until I purchase the NAV unit (waiting for Pioneer to work out a few more bugs on the 90BT).

I cant install the HU until I send the Scosche double-din and completed mounting bracket for the relocated hazard/clock assembly to superior dash so I can have them manufacturer the carbon fiber over-lay to match my OE dash/interior (superiordash.com manufacturers the carbon fiber dash kits for SE Toyota used on the XSP and other packages).

Once I have everything prep'd, it'll take me a few days to install everything (including the sound deadener). I'll take pics, and post everything as I think it will turn out pretty nice.

6. Jan 3, 2009 at 8:01 PM
    craigFLA

Member:
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Marv just sent me a "pattern" so I can modify the enclosure he built me for the TW5 I just bought (after the enclosure was built).

I havent installed it yet, but from what I've been told they provide good SQ and volume.

You wrote "subs", are you going to run multiple TW5's?

7. Jan 3, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Front: Alpine SPS c 6.5": installed in place of crapy stock 6X9's
    [​IMG]
    Rear: Alpine SPS 6.5" Multi Directional 2 way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Had custom installation done to replace 6X9's. More mid base from component set. Sounds crisp with 50X4 Premiere deck.

I am happy with this setup. Dont care much about base, thats why this out does a sub for me. Definately night and day. Highs are crisp and mid to lows are just right:D

8. Jan 4, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    L5 is a series of subs from Kicker.

Products Discussed in

To Top