1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New to Tacoma World

Discussion in 'New Members' started by ikid, May 9, 2011.

1. May 9, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    ikid

ikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    Big Island
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DC
    ToyTec spacer, AAL, ventvisors, K&N, Thule Racks
    New member from Big Island Hawaii. First Tacoma but own other Toyota trucks in the past such as a 85 4x4 straight axel, 22r, 6in lift, 31in MT MTZ on 15x10, CF stage1 clutch, hedman hedders, 2in full exhaust, flowmaster, 4:88 gears, 32/36 webber, MSD; 86 2wd, 22r, CF stage1 clutch, hedman hedders, 2in full exhaust, flowmaster, 32/36 webber, MSD, Crane Cam (Mild); 93 4x4, V6, 5:29 gears, 4in lift, 2in body, 35 BFG AT on 15x10, traction bars.
    Currently own a 05 DC TRD 4x4. 2nd owner of the truck at the time it had 130K miles on it because it was a daily driver commuter vehicle (at least 100miles per day) and stock. Since I owned it I added a few mod and accessories. K&N intake, ToyTec spacers (will replace with 5100’s) and AAL, 265/75/16 DuraTrac on MT 16x8, changed out the Diff and trans fluid, replaced the center support bearing and universals on the drive shaft (it was humming), tow hitch and wiring harness, Thule racks, and tint.
    I am currently in the process of doing my clutch at my friend repair shop ($150 labor). With currently 143K miles on it my clutch wasn’t grabbing like how it should. So I order me a CenterForce DF from Amazon.com ($536 free shipping) and a URD throw out bearing kit ($242 S&H) since I’m in there and read about the horror stories of the squeaking (which mines never did). Got it in a week later and installed it the next day. Took two days to do the install because I had my fly wheel resurfaced ($42). Total time for the install was about 6hrs. During the test run my truck had a very hard time going into gear. Called Amazon.com about it and they said to return it and ill get a full refund. So I pulled out the CF clutch and slapped in the stock parts back in. I compared the two clutches together and noticed that the CF clutch was about 1/4in taller than the stock. You could literally slide the stock clutch under the CF.
    The next day I ordered a stage III clutch from URD ($525 S&H) over the phone with Gadget. I got it in 5 days but when I received it USPS charged me another $45 because the box wasn’t closed all the way. I called URD and told them about the situation which I didn’t get back an answer yet. So after work went to my friends shop and started wrenching. Before putting in the new clutch we compared to and it looked fine so we slapped it in (4hrs for install). During the test drive it shifted fine and drove normal. Now when I pull out slowly it jerks/studders/chatter and now my throw out bearing is doing the squeaking noise. WTF! My friend tells me to let it break in and see if it gets better. Well it’s been 230 miles since the install and it still acts the same way. I might just go with a EXEDY TYK1503 OEM Replacement Clutch Kit ($194 free shipping) or Sachs Clutch kit. I know I will have to go back in to fix the squeaking noise so I’m gonna wait after driving it around for 500 miles to decide on the clutch.

-----Update----
    Spoke to my cousin who is a good mechanic and he said that it is doing the chattering is because it very grabby. With my current set up it is too much clutch. I should have gone with the stage II.

93 Toyota.jpg
    85 Toyota.jpg
    05 Tacoma1.jpg

2. May 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM
    tinker_troy

tinker_troy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T R O Y
    WY/SD
    Vehicle:
    #3, 2015 SR AC 4x4 V6 6 speed
    shackle brace, rear sway bar, 3 gen seats, Coupe Shifter, 3rd gen OR front springs + shocks, 17" TuRD PRO replica wheels
    ALRIGHT!
    First post with pics included! Good Job!

Welcome!

3. May 9, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Wow. Welcome to TW!:D

4. May 9, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    Ridingontrd

Ridingontrd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Laughlin,N.V
    Vehicle:
    trd sport 4x4 w/towpkg
    aFe prodry,Dynomax ultra flo ss,Scangauge2,Demello front bumper,BudBuilt skids,sliders(local)AllPro rear bumper,Wet O's cobalt blu,w/halfpiping,TRD logo in gold,R/L hood struts,5150's@10"aal 3 pack,T/C uca,Light racing c/o,1"diff.drop,de-badged,
    Welcome to TW.

5. May 9, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    welcome from Canada eh

6. May 9, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    Welcome to TW!

7. May 10, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    RLDTACO

RLDTACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Houston Tx.
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB PreRunner SR5
    Debadged,Tailgate theft mod,Extra D-rings,OEM bed mat,TRD exhaust, 5100 Billys@ 4 corners set@ 0 with Eibach springs, rear TSB springs.N-Fab tube Steps. TRD FJ SE wheels and Michelin LTX A/T 2's
    Welcome!

8. May 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    rob1

rob1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    South Texas
    Vehicle:
    Indigo Blue DblCab 4X4 Long Bed TRD Sport SR5
    Tail gate mod, locking gas cap, locking spare tire, rear spring tsb,Weathertech Digital fit's
    AAAHHH Hawaii, I need to go back!! Been there twice, honeymoon & 10 yr Anny. Welcome from south Texas!!

9. May 10, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    JHAirForce05

JHAirForce05 I'm kinda a big deal

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Tacoma, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 DC LB SP
    Kenwood DDX712 with Nav and rear view cam, Viper 5901 Security System, Kobalt Slim Line Compact Truck Tool Box
    Welcome to TW

Products Discussed in

To Top