1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I quit!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dud122, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    I wish I could quit my job. Damn Air Force. Never seen such a high consentration of educated idiots in my life! The worst part about it is when they are retarded and "F" shit up, they use their rank just to pawn the prob they created (because they suck at thier job) off on someone else. Then the pearson that was doing competent work has to deal with the "F" up rather than their own job.

2. Jan 8, 2009 at 8:11 AM
    Bassetdad

Bassetdad What if God Smoked Cannabis

Member:
    Harrison, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2001 De-Badged SR5 Access Cab 2.7 / 5m
    Access Tononu Cover AFE Pro-Dry S Drop-in Filter American Mag Wheels Bilstein 5100's Black Billet Grill Clear Taillights Perma-Tech sprayed Kennesaw Mountain Rear Bumper Michelin Tires PIAA Driving Lights PIAA Headlights Piaa Tail Light Bulbs Tinted Windows – 50% Toytech AAL URD Short Shifter Tranny - Mobil 1 Engine - Mobil 1 Custom Three Bike In Bed Rack New Toyota Undercoated Frame Clear LED 3rd Brake Light
    Life is too short to work in a job you truly hate going to each day :).
    Yep, I did when I was a kid (20) worked in the meat industry for 89 days. Gave the clipboard to the bosses son one Friday mid morning :mad: after listening to one of his endless degrading speeches & told him "You do it, oh :rolleyes: I'd advise calling your wife & telling her you will be home about 10:30 tonight"...then I walked out laughing.:D
    A huge amount of pressure was taken off of my shoulders, it felt great! :cool:

Good luck to you....

3. Jan 8, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...

Hee hee....I was a Crew Chief on F-15s in Holland. The pilots would bring the jet back broke and then just shrug it off as...Oh Well. My words to them as they walked towards the ramp rat were...."Don't worry Sir, It took a college education to break it but a high school diploma to fix it".

I had thier respect and a couple cases of the real Heineken at Christmas at my dorm doorstep.

The "beer truck" was like an old neighborhood milk man. You leave the empty cases out on the step and he would replace them with full cases and you squared up with him on Fridays. He "LOVED" us Americans. ;)

4. Jan 8, 2009 at 9:15 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i've always thought it would be awesome to open a bar. good luck dude, and it's cool the way you quit too!

5. Jan 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i heard that a while ago, it was hilarious. i say "i quit this bitch" at least 5 times a week at work.... and a few times to my girlfriend

6. Jan 8, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    thanks for the support guys... more than what i've gotten from my family

a lot of...

"now's not the time to leave a good job"
    don't you know what kind of shape the economy is in?"
    "you know how many other unemployed people there are out there now going after a job too"

on and on and on

sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and figure it out as you go along...

7. Jan 8, 2009 at 12:36 PM
    Bearskill

Bearskill Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sac
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab PreRunner Sport
    FlowMaster 40 duals out the back, T-Rex grill, Color matched TRD Nerf bars, Icon coilovers set at 2'', 2.75" OME Dakars spring packs, OME Nitro-Charger extended rear shocks, Carrier bearing drop kit, Wheeler's Extended break Lines, Total Chaos UCAs, Mojave Teflons and 31 1/2" Toyo Open Country A/Ts, Pioneer single din unit, Yakima roof rack, Malone roof basket with X2 KC 130w long range Slimmlights mounted to it, Garmin 255w nav, Fire bottle mod, Air Force standard First Aid kit mod, Hidden Muchette mod (don't ask), and 1 huge OCD about my truck.
    We have a plack that has that saying in our shop.
    I know exactly what you mean. Im a engine machanic on the KC10. The pilots try to tell me how to trouble shoot the engine. 99% of the pilots don't even know how the thing runs, but they try to tell me how to do my job.
    I once had a pilot tell me the engine was running to hot cause it never got that hot in the simulator?!?!? One. It's within limits. Two. This is the real world and we are in a freaking desert! No shit it's going to run hot.
    :spy::fenforcer:

8. Jan 8, 2009 at 1:54 PM
    TicTacOma

TicTacOma UnderWater Monopoly Champion

Member:
    First Name:
    Anastatia Beaverhausen
    Columbia,SC
    Vehicle:
    I'm Thinking...Oh Yeah...An FJ
    It's all in my head at the moment...
    Hee hee, Yup, They would question a puddle of fuel or oil on the ramp, I would say "if you can jump it, you can fly it". "When it stops leaking then that means it's empty" or the infamous..."It landed didn't it?"

Hey, did I just go off topic? Sorry, I think. Ahhhhh...Those were the days.

Products Discussed in

To Top