1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Switches ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WorkTruck, May 14, 2011.

1. May 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    WorkTruck

WorkTruck [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD 4x4
    KN filter
    Just bought a 08 TRD 4wheel drive V6 auto. The instrument panel has blanks where the VSC OFF and Rear diff. lock switch goes. Behind the blanks are the wires. Has anyone ever put switches in to see if they work?

2. May 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    kd8awe

kd8awe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rocky
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off Road
    Fog mod, 3" lift, ShoMe stobes, MicroLight LED Strobes, HiLift Jack, RCI 2950, Yaesu 8900r, 20% Tint, ScanGauge II, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, *** New Mod's (parts on the way) *** U-Bolt flip kit. Tom Woods 1 Piece Double Cardan Drive Shaft. 3* Axel Shims
    Wouldn't there need to be something at the other end of the wires to turn on/off ? If there was something at the other end ...Wouldn't there be a switch for it?

3. May 14, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    WorkTruck

WorkTruck [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD 4x4
    KN filter
    Not really sometimes their are options. At the factory they send vehicles down the line with all the same options but as they are built some get all the bells and things. Others do not so they just block of the switches with blanks. They know most customers will not look under a dash let alone ckeck to see the wiring setup.

4. May 14, 2011 at 3:05 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    They may be wired for the options but if your truck didn't come with them theres really no sense in plugging in a switch to see if the options that your truck doesn't have work...lol I mean really?

Do you think the manufacturer is being tricky and adding all the options of a fully loaded truck to a base truck but not putting in the switches or marketing the options?

Silliness!

:popcorn::popcorn:

5. May 16, 2011 at 2:33 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    what he said! i posted in another thread about moving them and i have a 07 trd off road 4wd. the OP on that thread at the same but a 6spd and i have auto. and i think my truck has the clutch start cancel but but has a blank wear it is... idk

6. May 16, 2011 at 2:54 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    Yeah its cheaper to make one wiring harness and put it in all the trucks rather than 4-8 different harnesses and having to make sure the right one is in the truck for the right options. The options on the other side though would cost more to install and not have used. A locker probably cost Toyota 2-300 bucks, so they're not going to install that and not have you pay for it, or have a chance of everyone buying the base model and installing their own $3 switch.

7. May 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    Try it[​IMG] and let me know. If you smell smoke, you're Fu&^ed!

8. May 17, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    You can add your own accessory switches in the holes(with some minor trimming) from Oznium.com for whatever addons you like.

Products Discussed in

To Top