1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel Bearing on Fabtech lift?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by connerT, May 17, 2011.

1. May 17, 2011 at 6:50 PM
    connerT

connerT [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    San Diego
    6" Fabtech Lift, Cooper STT 35's, Eagle Alloy 18's, Flomaster Dual Exhaust, K&N Intake
    I recently had a grinding metal on metal sound from the front left wheel of my 08 Tacoma. I have a 6 in Fabtech K7000 Basic Suspension lift. I got the truck down to the dealer and the said they could do nothing for me because of the aftermarket hub assembly or something like that. So I did a little research and all I can find is SKF Wheel Hub Bearing. Im a little hesitant to get it and start working on it, since I don't know if it will fit. I'm gonna give Fabtech a call, but I was hoping somebody out there has gone through this before and may have some good info that could help me out. Really don't want to have to buy a new lift just because a bearing is going out.

2. May 18, 2011 at 5:21 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Is this the kit? If the picture is accurate, only the spindle is included, so the wheel bearing and hub are stock. No reason why the dealer can't help you, but they may deny warranty. Make sure it is the wheel bearing before buying parts, though.

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top