1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Feeler: BHLM / Morimoto DS2 Projector / Clear Lens

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Muy Grande, Apr 21, 2011.

1. May 19, 2011 at 12:06 PM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    Do you have any pics of the adjustment screws ? I'm not sure where they are located

2. May 19, 2011 at 2:59 PM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Oh and do you know if I get the high beam adapters/ignitor from TRS will it work with an aftermarket hid ballast or will i also have to get the morimoto hid ballasts to work with the ignitor to get the high beam working ?

3. May 20, 2011 at 9:49 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    My finger is pointing to the outer screw that you take a philps screw driver to make the projector bowl move up and down. The inner screw makes the projector bowl move in and out. Hope this helps.

Backside Screw.jpg

4. May 20, 2011 at 10:20 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    You will need an H4/9003 bi-xenon harness.

With that said, the TRS has them for $35 if you wanna save a little bit of cash just get them on ebay. I bought one for $16.99 shipped (I just checked the vendor I bought it off and he has increased his price to $36.99 and has one left.)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. May 21, 2011 at 9:54 AM
    Razorecko

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Yea I got the harness, but it doesnt seem to work. My question is will it the TRS harness work with a generic ebay 55w ballast or does it need to be one of the TRS morimoto ballasts to work ? Yea I know about those adjustment screws , it must just be the placement of the bowls or whatnot, I'm not having any issues with the beam =)

6. May 21, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Bulbs are 35w, seems like you are using a 55w ballast. Don't know if the harness you ordered is for 35w or 55w. But there have been trouble shoots with the harness not being plugged in correctly. In other words make sure that the connectors on the harness match up to the correct hi beam wires on the factory wire. You might have to pull out the harness (spades) wires and re-arange them to line up with the factory harness. I know this sounds confusing but sometimes they are not on right and again it maybe the fact that you have 35w bulbs and running a 55w ballast and the harness might be for either 35w or 55w.

7. Jun 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    LATACOMAGUY

LATACOMAGUY Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Encino, CA (SoCal)
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner D-Cab SR5 TRD Sport
    Muy Grande, I know its been a while since someone has posted on this thread and I was wondering if you are still making these headlights?

8. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:03 PM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    im still waiting on the super special project :)

9. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:07 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Kinda behind......but I will get to them hopefully sooner rather than later.

10. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Not at the moment. I've got to finish up some headlights for a few members so I'm not taking on any more projects.

11. Jun 21, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    FamouzStarz

FamouzStarz The illest taco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD PRO
    ICON Build and then some
    hope my super secret set is one of um :D

12. Jun 21, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    thedude

thedude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Little Rock, AR
    Super secret? Interesting :spy:

13. Jun 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    LATACOMAGUY

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Encino, CA (SoCal)
    Vehicle:
    Okay, thanks for the reply. If you open up the door again to buy a set I am interested. I am also new to the forum and have been reading a lot of post on this type of mod and I like the look of the the headlights. I don't currently have a HID pnp setup on my truck, just running regular bulbs. If I purchase a set of these, what else would I need to purchase, add, or modify on my truck so they work? Do these come equipped with the DS2 bulbs/harness that will just plug into my trucks existing bulb harness?

Sorry, but I am new at this and still learing about some of these mods.

Thanks.

14. Jun 22, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    mister,

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/109997-hid-projector-retrofit.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/68126-teaser-hid-retro-part-deux.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...non-4300k-bulbs-gatling-shrouds-complete.html

Those are for if you are gonna go your own route.

15. Jun 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    LATACOMAGUY

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Encino, CA (SoCal)
    Vehicle:
    Thanks AsianAnts, but I this would not be a mod I would attempt to do myself. But it was good to read the post you provided, thanks! I will keep my eyes open for Muy Grande's next post that he's offering these for sale again.

16. Jun 23, 2011 at 9:29 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    For anyone trying these at home, this project takes time. There are so many things that can go wrong especially with the chrome surround unless you're going to paint it, and then there is the lense piece especially the inside and trying to not get any finger prints, smudges, etc. and then you have to make sure you seal them right if not you'll be messing around with sealant. Oh yeah then you have the oven, I can say I've melted a set because I left them in there to long.

The posted step by step guides are great and I recommend anyone who tries this at home to read all of them, each of them have great tips. If you want a tip from me, I would say...... Pay the extra money and have someone make them for you (of course if it's reasonable). There are a bunch of hidden cost, like epoxy, sealant, paint, etc. it all adds up and if you break something like a reflector or lense then you have to source another headlight. :eek:

17. Jun 23, 2011 at 6:43 PM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    Was wondering if you are taking on projects.... my headlights went out and well I don't wanna buy another set... I'm looking for a retrofit headlight... let me know. CIH. :D

18. Jun 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Not right now. Those Anzo Retrofit lights that are posted for sale are nice but $600 is a little to much. The Anzo lights cost $150 shipped from Amazon and the Retrofit kit without the Ballast cost another $160. Just to give you an idea on what the parts cost. :cool:

19. Jun 27, 2011 at 10:27 PM
    xroller

xroller Blowin by em sideways

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Albuquerque New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma Xrunner Speedway Blue
    1 hp mod
    yeah which is why I wouldn't bother pm'ing that guy.... :rolleyes:

Damn... I need some retrofits!