1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

U.N. agreement should have all gun owners up in arms

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Jun 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    U.N. agreement should have all gun owners up in arms​

It may not come as surprising news to many of you that the United Nations doesn’t approve of our Second Amendment. Not one bit. And they very much hope to do something about it with help from some powerful American friends. Under the guise of a proposed global “Small Arms Treaty” premised to fight “terrorism”, “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates” you can be quite certain that an even more insidious threat is being targeted – our Constitutional right for law-abiding citizens to own and bear arms.

Read About It:
    Forbes

2. Jun 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    trot

trot Dang.

Member:
    Aberdeen Proving Ground
    Vehicle:
    18 SW TRD OR DCSB P&T
    That's really interesting because the US representative to the UN would probably like to read that article. You see, the truth is we've voted against every draft of this proposed treaty every time it comes up. We've also asked for major changes to it and objected to it, even as late as 2009. The last hard vote was 139 for and 1 against. That one was the U.S. It's not even out of draft. So this is like crying over a bill in a subcommittee of our House of Representatives that can even get past the guy who wrote it.

The hype over this (during the LAST administration) even led the UN to publish something to set the record straight. http://www.un.org/events/smallarms2006/pdf/SettingRecordStraight.pdf

So this is a really old issue, but somehow, during the previous administration, it wasn't "news" or a viral right-wing meme, but now it is?

Also, remember your civics about what treaties actually are, how they work, how the UN really works, and the sovereignty preserved by the US and most other nation's domestic structure.

In other words, it's pretty clear by the actual facts that concern about the UN changing the US interpretation of the 2nd Amendment is misplaced.

Edit: after reading the sig line of the OP, I just had to change my avatar. LOL.

3. Jun 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    No offense, but I don't trust anything from someone that sports a Mao avatar.

4. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:14 PM
    Monkeysuncle

Monkeysuncle My Cat's breath Smells like Cat Food

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma SR5 4x4 5 speed Manual Hubs
    Diff Breather,CB thingy,GPS,Cop Shocks,Cop Brakes, old Man Emu 881's Dakar Leaf Springs and Nitro sport shocks. Deck Plate mod
    I would hate to see, and I do not think we ever will see that day come when we have to turn in all firearms. The numbers are so overwhelming. Back when my dad was a kid, surplus weapons from WWII were sold everywhere. He told me stories of sporting good stores in the 1950's and 1960's that had barrels and pallets of all kinds of guns and they were cheap. Now there is the NRA and gun stores and gun shows and the internet, guns are everywhere. And you cant tell me that every gun owned by Americans is "known" to any local or national source. I'm ALL for guns to be kept out of bad guys hands, or away from kids but I wouldn't want to be the local cop who has to come down any street in this country and ask or even tell us we have to give them up. They may come in force, but we have the numbers. There is a quote somewhere about a well armed population or citizen but I cant remember it right now. By the way, F the UN.

5. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    slo13zx3

slo13zx3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    forest city pa
    Vehicle:
    14 trd off 6speed nav
    never happen

6. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD

Amen to that.

7. Jun 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    92LandCruiser

92LandCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nevada
    Vehicle:
    80 series Land Cruiser
    Cummins, tons, 40s
    Where did I put those blue helmet targets?

8. Jun 9, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    Come get em but send the meat wagon also!!!

9. Jun 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5
    not gonna happen

Products Discussed in

To Top