1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone put a PT-3300BT in their Tacoma?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ZZBlueComet, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Jul 2, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    ZZBlueComet

ZZBlueComet [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lexington, Ky.
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 Double Off Road
    Just purchased it tonight and ordered the goods to install it - any opinons on this unit, good/bad etc?

The stock unit was killing me, thought I'd last 6 months and it's coming out within a month!

woops, Pioneer P3300BT

2. Jul 2, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    i am buying the same unit i heard it was a great unit. still wondering if i can use the same satelite xm radio reciever thats stock

3. Jul 2, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    I've only ever purchased Pioneers so I don't have a lot of first hand experience with other brands, but that's because I've never had a need to stray from Pioneer. I'm currently running the Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the iPod adapter. Ever since getting satellite radio, however, I rarely use the iPod. If that unit has a port for a wired remote and your truck has the steering wheel controls, I highly recommend purchasing the PAC SWI-PS so that you can control your aftermarket head unit using your factory controls.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Steering-Controls-Interface/dp/B000AXW7SA

4. Jul 3, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    MAPLENUTS

MAPLENUTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVEN
    East Coast, USA
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT TACOMA 4X4 L/B
    Stock
    It is a great unit, as some of my friends have it.
    You will definitely have a great unit, Pioneer that offers so many features for the price. Also if you buy from Crutchfield, you get the the ipod kit for free.

I just received the BT3300 and Crutchfield recommended the Axxess ASWC (steering wheel control kit) since it makes the install tremendously easier since the wiring harness they provide is the same manufacturer. Two techs there told me to avoid the PAC, something having to do with resistors and manual programming. I went with their recommendation after speaking to local installers, although I will do the install myself.

Also don't forget the emergency brake bypass relay so your passengers can watch while you drive. You can find on eBay for $10-$15.
    3300BT does actually require the relay. It won't play simply by grounding.

Have fun.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  5. Jul 4, 2011 at 6:04 PM
    ZZBlueComet

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lexington, Ky.
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 Double Off Road
    Is that 1977 in your sig pic one you've owned? Neat pic - my 2011 looks alot like your 08, I'm partial to the white. thanks for the info.

6. Jul 4, 2011 at 10:07 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Do you have to get a new reciever in the truck for satalite radio if you already have it from factory?

7. Jul 6, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    ZZBlueComet

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Lexington, Ky.
    Vehicle:
    11 4x4 Double Off Road
    If you're stock is setup for Satellite, you be able to use your receiver with your new unit.

8. Aug 28, 2011 at 2:22 PM
    msc219

msc219 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Black 2010 Double Cab
    For owners of the P3300BT - have you found the front USB/aux inputs to be an issue with the cables getting in the way? I have an iPhone(3GS), and I'm trying to determine the best setup. I might buy a separate phone holder to keep it a little organized.

9. Aug 28, 2011 at 11:12 PM
    flying08taco

flying08taco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Concord, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 4X4 TRD Off Road
    I lay my phone in the pocket in front of the shifter or next to the shifter (I have the 6 speed manual). At first I thought it would get in the way but its not too bad. I will second skipping the PAC converter for your steering wheel controls. I did the install myself and its a complicated setup with soldering resistors and about 12 steps of button pushing in the right sequence to program it correctly. Such a pain. Get the other converter.

10. Aug 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    sook

sook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport PreRunner SSM dbl cab sb
    Avid Offroad light bar, Steelcraft step bars, Extang Revolution tonno, TRD black chrome headlights, 09 LED tails, all window tint, OEM DTRL w/ GM shorty bulbs, tailgate hose clamp, fighter pilot with red cold-cathode, Pioneer AVH-4300BT
    I've got the 4300BT and it's a nice unit. definitely do the relay bypass, you can pick one up at auto zone for a few bucks. The how to is on YouTube. I would advise you order the unit from crutchfield. They have stellar customer service.

11. Oct 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    cjcbama

cjcbama New Member

Member:
    Hey Guys, I've got the Pioneer 3300bt and the ASWC adapter that I am trying to get working. I am at the part where you hook the 3.5 plug from the ASWC into the back of the 3300bt. Where the heck do I insert that plug?? The only 2 places that it fits into is labeled W/R and Rear Audio Out...

Products Discussed in

To Top