1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TacoSid138...gettng ready for DEATH

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by TacoSID138, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Jul 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    TacoSID138

TacoSID138 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Faded out tinted tails and 3rd brake light,deck-plate mod, dumped Flow Master 40, King EXTD coil overs, 1.5 AP shackles, AP EXPD leafs. 285 Hankook DynaPro ATM tires
    Since im near to getting my lift gathered/put on, i thought id make a build. I have a 04 auto DEATH:headbang: PreRunner. upgraded from this.......
    [​IMG] A 98 corolla. was my first car and 118k and was running strong. awesome first car, drove the shit out of it. was a b-day gift from my old man. loved that car.

Then i bought Sid.
    [​IMG] first week of having him. came with 69314k miles.
    [​IMG] already taking it to "E" ive always been like that.

lucikly i got it with this wheel/tire combo
    [​IMG] 285/75r16 saved me some money there.

Then i stumbled upon the great TW! i then had to start doing mods once i saw the awesome trucks one here.

started with a simple DANZIG sticker.
    [​IMG]

My dad got me a K&N drop in filter for my b-day, witch goes great with my deck plate mod!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only park in DEATH spots!!
    [​IMG] just kidding, only once in a while :cool:

So i check out my skid plate......... whoever used to do the oil changes made a huge ass mess, the thing was stained with oil. so i decided to take it off and paint it black along with the front emblem.
    [​IMG] used a degreaser to clean it off as much i could, the used flat black.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my rear is currently stock.
    [​IMG] and the front came with some weird spacer i never seen, i think its 2.5

I liked tinted tails, but didnt not want to spend a lot of cash doing it. so i saw a thread for the 2nd gens, and gave it a try.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how my truck sits as of now.
    [​IMG]

I decided on a 3inch lift for the front with the 5100s and eibachs. and 3+inch lift in the rear with AP Expd. leafs, 5150s, and 1.5 AP shackles. Ive been gathering parts slowly at a time soince im not ritch.......
    [​IMG]

im just waiting on the 5100 struts and U bolts, witch wheelers just called saying its shipping out today! :woot::yay::bananadance:

The only money i need to drop, lift wise is a alignment, the labor to assemble the struts, and a new jack. i would love to have everything on by the end of August, so will see what happens. ima be installing all this along with my dad, so ill be saving a grip of money on that.

To be continued...................

2. Jul 29, 2011 at 10:09 PM
    xfrankx

xfrankx Well-Known Member

Member:
    man this is exactly what i want. keep up the good work. thing is lookin tough

3. Jul 29, 2011 at 11:17 PM
    Tacomadude89

Tacomadude89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    Nice truck, and great future lift set up you got there!

Keep us updated!

4. Jul 30, 2011 at 7:39 AM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    Murdered Tacos are multiplying.
    Nice truck!

5. Jul 30, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    VooDoo

VooDoo More Cowbell!

Member:
    First Name:
    Carter Ivey
    Baton Rouge, LA/ Starkville, MS
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC LB PreRunner
    love the wheel/tire setup. Sub'd for lift pics!!

I lol'd at the death parking spot :laugh:

6. Jul 30, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    Faded out tinted tails and 3rd brake light,deck-plate mod, dumped Flow Master 40, King EXTD coil overs, 1.5 AP shackles, AP EXPD leafs. 285 Hankook DynaPro ATM tires
    thanks!

thanks, i will
    NEVER! hahaha

haha thanks man, ive been checking out your build. that shit is awesome!! if i had the money id go LT. maybe sometime down the road.

hahaha!

lol thanks. i thought it was pretty cool.

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    osoi got my 5100s today and i just had to assmlbe them myself. was original going to go to a shop and get them done, but i didnt want to spend the cash nor the money.
    [​IMG]

i feel very accomplished, i was able to do them on my own. this was a first for me.

8. Aug 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM
    uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    San Diego, CA originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    looks good man!! more pics

9. Aug 7, 2011 at 5:47 PM
    AlphaEcho2k5

AlphaEcho2k5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Hurlburt Field, FL
    Vehicle:
    '02 4Runner
    Nice build and awesome "upgrade".

10. Aug 8, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    thanks guys. i put the lift on this weekend, took a few pics. just to lazy to get them up on here. will do tomorrow. the rear is higher than the front, slight rake. but im pleased on the stance.

11. Aug 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
    The springs will settle quite a bit. Throw some shit in the bed of your truck and DRIVE. Go down to home depot and buy a few backs of concrete, and then return them in a week. :eek:

12. Aug 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    thanks guys. i dont mind the rake look. the drive is better. feels like a truck now. so i finally had sometime to upload the pics up on here. the install was some what easy

13. Aug 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    so hear is the truck on jack stand. did the the day before we did the install. my dad helped me a lot with the install. was a pretty good birthday present.
    [​IMG] sprayed the bolts with WD40. all bolts came off pretty easy.

[​IMG] we first did the drivers side leaf, it was a pain. we finally got the bolts to line up with the front eye. the passenger side was a lot easier once we got it figured out.

[​IMG] i wanted to get rid of my big hub caps so i decided to paint the rear drum hubs and the front hubs with flat black. then gave a few coats with some gloss. i liek the look wayy better now without the hub caps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so we got the leafs on and the shackles.
    [​IMG]

so now the leafs and shackles are set, we put the rear shocks on. it sucked becasue we forgot the washer on the bottom so we had to take it off. after a while you loose your mind a bit.
    [​IMG]

so now the rear is set!
    [​IMG] its a big difference from when the rear was stock.

so the next day we went for the front. FAIL!! we couyldnt get the bolt to line up witht the bottom eyes. we disconnected the sway bar, and tried for the UCA. but that didnt happen. we tried for little over a half hour trying to figure it out. decided to take it to the shop down the street from my house.

long story short, we took of the spacer on the passenger side just so it was easier to put back on the truck . sp the driver side has the spacer on still since we didnt toucht hat side. take it to the shop, show the guy the struts/coils i have. so he says he can do it. walk back home, get a call saying im missing a spacer for the passenger side. told him we took it off case it was easier to put back on. he tells me he put it back on the drivers side with the eibachs. im like shit, come on. so i tell him how i need that spacer off. i assumed since he does this shit for a living he knows not to do that, guess it was my bad to for not telling him about it from the start. so i had to wait a few more hours. go back and pick my truck up and i love it. finally got eveything done. here is the final result.

[​IMG]

havent got any better pics yet. heres a shot of the front.
    [​IMG]

14. Sep 5, 2011 at 3:13 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Nice. You thinking about getting the u-bolt flip kit in the future?

15. Sep 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM
    Slodgetto

Slodgetto Über Posre

Member:
    First Name:
    Silas
    Good tip.

Whe I did mine, I had a hard time with the getting the UCA balljoint out so I took of the 4 bolts on the LCA (A-arm) and used a bottle jack to hold it down in the right spot. Piece o' cake to get the strut in.

16. Sep 5, 2011 at 4:07 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Lookin good! That's the rear setup I'm going for in a bit. Make sure you go wheel a bit to break it all in :D

The front is gonna ride high for awhile, until it settles (hence the wheeling) Try check out the CV Boot Slide Mod thread... The eibach's they give a lot of lift without plate bumpers, so several members (me included) have had CV boot ruptures before they settled.

17. Sep 5, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    Tacomadude89

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    Looks awesome! Nice work!!!

18. Sep 5, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    Tacomadude89

Member:
    First Name:
    Austen
    They sure do!! Just the way they should be.

Again, the truck looks absolutely fantastic, love what you've done to it.

19. Sep 10, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    i was looking at it when i was buying the leafs. there not cheap, i might upgrade to them later down the road

yea i dont have a bottle jack, but that sounds like it would have worked perfectly. thanks for the advice, ill be sure to remeber that. we tried to do what you said, but i stodd on the rotor, we had the bolt in but not enough for it to line up. that bottle jack would have in super useful though.

youll love it man, yea i canr wait to go. luckily i have a prerunner, but thanks dude

20. Sep 10, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    TacoSID138

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner TRD
    thanks dude, yea im glad to big gone of the huge hub caps. a friend of mine has the same chrome wheels as you and im trying to get him to remove his caps. he wont think twice about it once i send him a picture of your wheels

Products Discussed in

To Top