1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fifteen Reasons You Should Own A Gun

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 6:31 PM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    Fifteen Reasons You Should Own A Gun
    By Dr. Marshall St John
    Mouse Guns by Marshall St John

Signal Mountain, TN - -(Ammoland.com)-

1. Your right to keep and bear arms is guaranteed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights of the United States of America. “Use it or lose it.”
    2. George Washington said: “Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people’s liberty teeth and keystone under independence…”
    3. Bearing arms is the Christian thing to do. Jesus said: “If you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one…” (Luke 22:36 NIV)
    4. Enjoying guns is not a strange weird thing, as some anti-gun people insist. People have been hunting with long guns for centuries. Shooting is an internationally recognized Olympic sport.
    5. People without guns are assaulted or murdered daily by criminals who have guns. Having a gun makes you better able to defend your family.
    6. If gun ownership is made illegal, criminals won’t turn in their guns. Gun control makes easy prey out of law-abiding citizens.
    7. We are grateful for the police officers of our communities. However, the police can’t come to help you until AFTER a crime has been committed. Having a gun may enable you to stay alive long enough to call for help from the police.
    8. American courts regularly return violent criminals to the streets to do their crimes again.
    9. Guns in the home are safe, when gun owners keep guns responsibly. More children die every year in swimming pool accidents than in gun accidents.
    10. It is a fact that armed American men and women prevent two million crimes every year with their guns.
    11. Self-defense is more honorable and better for society than being a victim. It is up to YOU to act responsibly for your own safety, and the safety of your family.
    12. It is a fact that cities which impose strict gun control create the highest assault and murder rates in America.
    13. It is a fact that most gun crimes in America involve gangsters shooting other gangsters. The average gun owner never uses his or her gun to commit a crime.
    14. Most states issue permits to carry concealed handguns. Men and women who get permits take gun safety classes, and have extensive criminal background checks. These people make everyone a little safer, wherever they may be.
    15. The “War on Terror” is likely to be a long war. People who own guns, and who are trained to use guns responsibly, are better able to serve their country than people who are ignorant about guns.

Eleven Excuses for NOT Owning A Gun
    1. I’m too busy to take the time to learn how to handle a gun safely.
    2. I believe that all guns are evil, even in the hands of the police and soldiers.
    3. I would rather let a criminal kill me or my family than try to stop him with a gun.
    4. I believe it was wrong for America’s founding fathers to use guns to overthrow the rule of the British. We should have stayed a colony.
    5. I believe it was wrong for American soldiers to use guns to rescue innocent men and women from the Nazi death camps.
    6. I believe that I will never need a gun to defend myself or my family, because the police will be constantly watching over me to make sure that I will never be in danger.
    7. I trust our courts to keep violent criminals off the streets. It’s not possible that I will ever be attacked by a criminal.
    8. If our government decides to make all gun owners register every gun they have, and then decides to confiscate all privately owned guns, I still don’t think we have anything to worry about. I know other countries have become dictatorships, but that could never happen in America.
    9. I don’t know much about the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, and I don’t have any desire to learn more. I’ve heard that the 2nd Amendment guarantees the right of Americans to keep and bear arms, but I really don’t care.
    10. Quite a few criminals have used guns, therefore the government should take guns away from all the good people who don’t commit crimes.
    11. I don’t care if my children will grow up in a free America. Things are pretty good for ME right now, and that’s all I care about.
    [​IMG]The USA Wants You To Own A Gun!

THINK ABOUT THIS…
    Owning a gun for self-defense is like having fire insurance or health insurance. You don’t really think your house will burn down, but it might. You don’t really think you will have a catastrophic car accident, and huge hospital bills, but you might. You hope you will never need your insurance, but you have it just in case. The same goes for having a gun for self-defense. It is better to have it and not need it, than to need it, and not have it.
    It is also important to own a gun simply to preserve your rights as an American citizen. With the advent of international Islamic extremist terrorism, we are living in a new world, different from any we have experienced before.
    It is not difficult to imagine that the President, or Congress, in a well-meaning attempt to prevent another “9-11,” would take steps that would nullify the Bill of Rights almost overnight.
    In the interests of “national safety,” many Americans would unthinkingly accept the curtailment of their civil liberties. This might mark the end of the free America we have known for over 200 years. It has happened in other countries. It would be naive and short-sighted to believe that “it could never happen here.”
    We have also seen the disturbing sight of well-meaning public officials actually confiscating the firearms of law-abiding citizens in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina, with gangs roaming the streets…exactly the time when the citizens need their self-defense weapons the most! These officials are well-meaning, but foolish, dangerous, and in violation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    The only way to retain our Constitutional rights is to USE them. By owning guns, American men and women are taking concrete action in support of their rights and freedoms, and preserving those rights and freedoms for future generations.
    It’s just a small step, but it’s very important. Don’t you think you owe it to yourself, to your family, to your community and to America’s future generations, to own a gun?

2. Aug 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM
    maser

maser Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    fog light mod,DTRL mod,alternating turn signal mod, BHLM, pioneer pt 3200dvd, fosgate speakers all 4 doors,AFE CAI, Magnaflow turndown exhaust, satoshi'd grill, Procomp 6 in lift, 2 Diamond audio 10's w/ 600w amp..........
    I would like to hand this to every liberal I meet.:oldglory:

3. Aug 1, 2011 at 6:56 PM
    G scott04

G scott04 ...

Member:
    First Name:
    Garrett
    Mesa
    Vehicle:
    04 PreRunner
    Yes! Im just to broke to buy one :(

4. Aug 1, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    i'm what you could consider a liberal but, i'm pro guns. i don't hunt but, i do like going to the range and think it's a good skill to have to be able to effectively handle firearms and protect ones right to own and to protect them selves.

5. Aug 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    there are loud mouths on both sides of the gun debate lol.

fact is that it's in the constitution and while they do not play as large a role in society today as they did when the document was written it's still our right to own and in some places carry.

there are so many they will never be able to get rid of them i believe it to be impossible for guns to be taken away from the american public.

if anything we should be arguing for carry laws more than anything. imho an armed society is a polite society sure one crazy every once in a while gets through but, if everyones carrying it makes it allot easier to take him down instead of waiting for law enforcement to respond. make rules and charge for classes to make sure people can effectively handle their weapons then let them carry end of debate.

then we can get on to more important things like imposing more taxes on the rich and giving more breaks to the middle class lol.

and i can get back to not believing in god and packing my things for canada just in case michele bachman wins :)

6. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    A gun is not a toy, never pull it if you cant use it. Never carry looking for shit, carry so there will be no shit..................................Jim

7. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:42 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I would love to have one, the state I live in is a PITA to get the required permits though... I'm getting through the process slowly and surely.

8. Aug 2, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    nomad_archer

nomad_archer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Brickerville (Lititz), PA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Tacoma V6 SR5
    Technically Im a registered dem but I am more of an independent, liberal on some issues conservative on other however... but dont mess with my guns. Thanks for reminding me I need to get the wife her .243 before she gets mad I keep putting it off. I believe in responsible gun ownership and taking someone to the range and introducing them to the shooting sports. Its amazing how fast they get hooked.

9. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:37 AM
    aficianado

aficianado Well-Known Member

Member:
    bay area, california
    Vehicle:
    2006 access cab. 4x4, TRD-OR + 2023 TRD off-road.
    back to bone stock.
    sorry, reason # 3 is retarded. the bible contradicts itself all the time. and if you are going to take that one passage literally, we would all have swords and no outerwear.

i consider myself liberal. i hunt with my bow..and i am armed to the gills at home. not for any political reasons or statements.

bottomline, firearms are damn fun. funnest tools i own. (Second on the fun scale is a chainsaw)

Products Discussed in

To Top