1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bridgeport, CA a.k.a USMC MWTC

Discussion in 'Military' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Aug 1, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Who here has been to Bridgeport? I just got back from 2 weeks of annual training there. Did not get a shower until we came back home. My field cammies required me to wash them twice in the washer to get rid of the odor :p.

During the first week, the Marine Corps decided not to bring us porto potties so they gave us these "quick relief" bags which consisted of a small bag, big bag, toilet paper, and moist towel. First time in my life that I took a shit in a black bag. Haha. It's hard to keep that shit wrapped around your ass and even harder to prevent the bag from slipping after you've dropped a deuce in it. Funny thing is, when we passed by the camp site to lower base camp to go home, there were porto potties sitting there. Figures...

We setup a patrol base next to a creek and stayed there for the second week. Most mornings I woke up shaking. I had all my warming layers on and it was still cold. Come to find out it was 19 degrees!

Some good ass training up there for sure.

Oh yeah, fuck that place!

2. Aug 2, 2011 at 11:15 AM
    Fred1524

Fred1524 Love me some tacos!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver 4X4 Rugged Trail
    Blacked Out badges,blacked out tail lights, 7% Tint(all around) Wet okole seat covers, A/W TRD floor mats, 10K HID Headlights, 6K HID Foglights, DTRL MOD, LED cluster swap...
    I went up there in Sept 2003 for the "summer package". Ha...summer my ass. It was so cold at night our 1stSgt came around with a small bottle of 151 to keep us warm. LMAO. I think it was actually in the single digits but I cant remember for sure. Definatley good training...they did have porta johns though. I was with 2/4 at the time. The other units that were there with us was DET 1, and A Co. 1st Recon. Marines are some hard mother effers but these guys...OMG:eek:. I personally liked it up there...it did suck while you were doing it but being around other Devils going through the same shit as you and joking about how much this sucks but always wanting to out do each other...best time of my life. ERRR:D

3. Aug 2, 2011 at 8:40 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Do you remember what LZ you were at? We first staged at LZ Dove, then moved on to LZ Sparrow and finally setup a patrol base 300 meters from LZ Penguin.

We got bitched at for breaking tree branches to fortify our defensive positions. Apparently it's a violation of the law and they threatened to fine us. lol.

I'll never forget walking to the head and then being winded out because of the higher elevation. Haha.

4. Aug 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    Blacked Out badges,blacked out tail lights, 7% Tint(all around) Wet okole seat covers, A/W TRD floor mats, 10K HID Headlights, 6K HID Foglights, DTRL MOD, LED cluster swap...
    No man sorry...that was a while ago. But yeah the first conditioning hike we did was a speed hike (6 miles). That had me gasping for a little bit. As far as the rules/laws, I remember them being anal but Marines will be Marines. LOL. I loved rapelling off the side of the mountain...that was pretty moto. Although that took some serious upper body strength...going up w/full combat load aint EZ. I gotta tip my hat to Wpns Co. All those guys were sick the entire two weeks we were there and they tackled those mountains like nothing(with crew served wpns) :eek:. I would have loved to do the Survival package...the view up there is amazing.

Where you guys up there your whole two weeeks?

5. Aug 3, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    Yup up there for 2 straight weeks. First week we slept in tents and the second week, we moved out to our patrol base and just slept in the open. 50% watch sure sucks ass in the wee early morning hours!

We got hot chow every evening, courtesy of H&S. H&S brought us a shitload of chow. Every Marine could take as much poptarts as they wanted. Lets just say I won't be eating poptarts for a while.

During one day, we had to relocate our patrol base. We had 36 boxes of MREs and had to hand carry them. All this while wearing flaks, main packs, and rifles. Not to sound like a little bitch but that was a pain in the ass. My platoon fell back several times, especially when going up hill. And still got yelled at for being slow. lol. We are 0311s so we are used to traveling lite. Check this out. The next day, the platoon got split in half. The other half relocated to a new patrol base about 4 clicks away and the other half stayed where we were at. When the other half of the platoon left, they didn't take their share of MREs; leaving 36 perfect cases of MREs behind. Nice way to get boned, eh?

6. Aug 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    HAHA...that sux for them. "gear adrift is a blue falcons gift". You know what though...from what I remember, all of H&S participated in most of the training along the line companies. I like seeing that...:D. Yeah humping up those mountains isnt a walk in the park...but personally, thats why I join the Marines! Bunch of ruff, tuff, mean SOBs. I was thinking about the reserves...hows the life being one?

7. Aug 3, 2011 at 5:25 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    One thing that bugs me the most is that a lot of POGs talk a lot shit. Not saying all of them, just some. The H&S that was with us wasn't doing shit. They were busy setting up the CoC, preparing chow, radio watch, and whole lot of bs.

A POG came up to me and said "yeah we just spent a whole week doing MOUT so I can probably do it better than you." :rolleyes:

Reserve experience depends on your mos. If you're a grunt reservist, then you'll hit the field every month doing fireteam/squad rushes LFAM, platoon patrol ops, humps, etc... If you're a POG reservist, then you'll spend 80% of your time back in the rear. The other 20% will be spend out in the field doing rifle qual, setting up the CoC, etc...

Funny thing with my unit, a lot of former active duty 0300 Marines will check in. By the time next drill comes, you won't ever see them again because they checked out. lol. Reserve grunt life isn't for everyone because first as a reservist, you'll get comfortable with civilian life. Then all of a sudden, you're thrown back into the grunt life, which means being in the field. It gets depressing but you just gotta deal with it.

Reserve grunt life also means pting on your own and self PME. 0300 LOCATE, CLOSE WITH AND DESTORY THE ENEMY! rah

I see you're in Murrieta. You'll probably be with 2/23 Golf Company down in Los Alamitos.

8. Aug 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    LOL...thats freaking hilarious! Im sure he was probably being sarcastic. I wouldnt mind playing Marine once a month and 2 weeks for AT. So when do you guys do your MCMAP training and swim qual?

9. Aug 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    MrGrimm

MrGrimm Mall Crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2006 Toyota Tacoma 4WD w/TRD Sport Package
    See build page
    Last time I was in Bridgeport was February of 2002. Good times! Great training!

Some%252520quick%252520food_50e4b25cfa68c3c14c16559b0fa3ddad8d527526.jpg

10. Aug 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    Swim qual and MCMAP are usually done during the second half of the year, at least for my unit. It all depends on who's running the show. For a while, my company was out of MCMAP instructors so they had to scramble one or two squared away NCOs to green belt/black belt instructor's course @ Quantico. Just to note, swim qual, MCMAP, PFT, CFT, and annual classes are usually done together; which are called home drills. Home drills rarely happen because we're always out in the field.

If you deploy as a reservist, you'll be making bank from BAH. (get rich scheme is a big epic fail in the Marine Corps :p).

11. Aug 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    Jesus man, that looks so painful!!

12. Aug 4, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:

That doesnt sound too bad....I would love to be a MCMAP instructor or a CWS instructor. Damn I miss that shit. When was the last time you guys deployed?

13. Aug 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    Hell yeah...good shit! Now if only I could find my pictures...:(

14. Aug 4, 2011 at 4:44 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    My unit deployed to Iraq in '08. We are scheduled for activation for OEF in 2013...

15. Aug 4, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    :eek: Damn...thats pretty good! Anyways back to MWTC...did you guys rappel down that one cliff with packs. That was comical to watch...now going up was another story.:D

16. Aug 4, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:
    Hey MR. Grimm...what unit were you with when you went to MWTC?

17. Aug 4, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    Seandaman

Seandaman Active Member

Member:
    Cincy, OH
    Vehicle:
    08 4wd dc, Off Road pkg
    Banks exhaust, volant cai with ram air, BF All Terrains
    I was out there for JT this year. The elevation kicks your butt. The issue with destroying trees etc is that the USMC has been granted permission to use that land. We only own the bldgs. Small Corps...

18. Aug 4, 2011 at 8:09 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    I was out there for JT 2011 too. What unit are you with? 2/24?

19. Aug 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    No, thank God. lol. I probably would've eaten shit all the way down. I don't like repelling, let alone repelling with a heavy ass pack on my back!!

20. Aug 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM
    Fred1524

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Temecula
    Vehicle:

Its not that bad...actually Im lying, it sucked. LOL :D. Hey anybody else out there do some Mountain training??? We cant be the only proud few:cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top