1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NRA to sue over gun sales rule

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Aug 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    NRA to sue over gun sales rule

The National Rifle Association on Wednesday filed a lawsuit challenging a new federal regulation requiring gun merchants along the border with Mexico to report bulk sales of certain semiautomatic rifles, contending that the Obama administration exceeded its powers by imposing the rule last month without Congressional permission.

Read About It:
    The New York Times

2. Aug 4, 2011 at 9:04 AM
    solus

solus HOME!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bremerton, WA
    Vehicle:
    RR 4wd SR5

Well as long as its temporary I'm okay with it... because the majority of people buying semi-automatic weapons in BULK are probably affliated with Mexican drug cartels.

3. Aug 4, 2011 at 9:08 AM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    so they are suing b/c all they want them to do is to "report" geez

4. Aug 4, 2011 at 9:10 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    AFAIK, a rule or law like that still needs Congressional approval.

5. Aug 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    Letter of the law:
    What constitutes "bulk"? Does this apply to EVERYONE or just private party's with no CCW or FFL? How long is this rule going to be in place? Under what circumstances will the rule be repealed? The law needs to be clear on these points.

Spirit of the law:
    The law is supposed to protect, right? Who does this law protect? US citizens? Border Patrol? The Mexican LE/Mexican People? How effectively would this law protect those parties? Is there a more effective way to do it? Most importantly is there a more effective way to protect these groups without infringing upon the civil liberties of US citizens?

Laws are passed by CONGRESS and not the president, for a reason. In Congress (at least theoretically) there is a collection of fairly intelligent individuals who are paid to ask these questions about a bill and address the implications before something is passed into law. For obvious reasons we don't allow the executive branch to make the rules because they are the enforcers.

6. Aug 4, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    X2

7. Aug 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    tussery

tussery Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Magnaflow muffler, TRD CAI.
    Please Mexican Cartels can buy a crate of illegal AK-47's (fully automatic) from a third world country for less than what two semi-auto rifles cost in the United States. Illegal arms sales are bigger than you would believe.

8. Aug 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM
    drtydru

drtydru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    I would think the cartels aren't getting their guns in bulk at any shop that requires any kind of legal check as to whom is purchasing said guns. Obama should check himself before he wrecks himself. Just sayin...

9. Aug 4, 2011 at 10:47 PM
    ChewbacaTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    I know that here in AZ the straw buyers have bought alot of guns (not all at once mind you) from a few different stores. All of the sales were legal and the buyers passed mandatory federal background checks required by current law.

10. Aug 5, 2011 at 6:06 AM
    river rat 69

river rat 69 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Orlando, Fla., Green side of the grass
    Vehicle:
    007, trd, sr5, fmf.
    NO Chrome,3" NFab's steps,TRD skid,Wet okie's.011 grill, k&n,5100's,All this comes right off when the old lady says let's go get a NEW ONE!!!
    What a kick in the nut's , I did not see this coming... Jim

11. Aug 5, 2011 at 6:36 AM
    Apricotshot

Apricotshot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Henry
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport
    TRD CAI
    This is the truth. One could buy pallets of Chinese/Russian/East European AK, FN FAL, GALIL, HK G3's from all sorts of smugglers, 3rd world dictatorships, this list goes on. The only "weapon system" worth buying in the States would be .50 Barrets. When drug cartels collect 100's of millions of revenue they can buy just about anything.

12. Aug 5, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    GP100

GP100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    RI
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD Offroad
    Lets draw attention away from the Fast and Furious flailex by demanding law abiding gun shop owners to submit useless paperwork without any legal basis to do so. Maybe the public hasn't seen the latest news about the DOJ arming one cartel via fast and furious in exchange for information about another... We need to keep them distracted. I don't know about you, but I signed the NRA petition to give Holder the old heave-ho.

13. Aug 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    mcdowell

mcdowell My name is Mudd

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    mobile al
    Vehicle:
    2011 prerunner SR5
    2in Toytec leveling kit TSB 4 leafpack 130w KC driving lights Wsetin 3 tab lightbar Black headlights Trex eyelids TRD sport wheels Firestone MT Hood protector Vent visors Tube stepbars Colormatch grille
    Common sense.[​IMG]

14. Aug 5, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    Agreed. I wonder if the criminals who stole all these weapons ran a back ground check on themselves? The problem with laws is that criminals don't follow them. http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...more-arrests/2011/07/29/gIQAbxWGiI_story.html

15. Aug 5, 2011 at 2:13 PM
    meeestirg

meeestirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vance County, NC
    how about we close all boarders to and from mexico for all any any reasons.

i'm going to use texas as an example for the first question. cause they are cool.

Q: texans, what would you do if someone illegally trespassed into your home?
    A: shoot and most likely kill them.

Q: Americans, is america OUR home?
    A: yes!

you know where i'm going with this, and i won't continue cause brunes doesn't like me going into detail about harming people.

16. Aug 14, 2011 at 9:01 PM
    o5iiawah

o5iiawah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Philly 'burbs, PA
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x2 access cab 2.7l
    I think the whole issue of F&F blew up in Obama's face and I wish the press would be more serious about it. The ATFe basically gave crates of guns to mexican cartels so that there would be an increase in gun violence. That could then be translated into stricter gun rules here in the USA.

Except that it backfired and hundreds of people in Mexico are now dead as are several possible DEA and border agents as well. Wayne LaPierre is having kittens over this issue right now.

17. Aug 14, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    Buy guns in bulk.... I wonder if we could get a group buy together.

18. Aug 15, 2011 at 3:03 AM
    ChewbacaTW

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    ooooo... what are we going to get.

Products Discussed in

To Top