1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer Flat Out Refused to Look at Truck for Rear TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacoriffic, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    tacoriffic

tacoriffic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    Clarion CX609 HU, Satoshi Grill, More to come
    Been having issues of the truck having a real bad ride under load in the bed. I called the dealer last week, explained the issue, and they said to come in today to have a look. When I got there I had the TSB document (T-SB-0359-10) in hand explained my issues, showed the attached pictures of load and leaf springs. In return I got an unexpected rash of shit from the service clerk, saying that TSB expired (when the dates included my 2011 truck). I was shocked to get that kind of reaction, I could barely say anything in return. He then told me there that nothing could be done till the updated TSB is released. Is there an updated TSB?

I then got a small lecture on how the Tacoma is not an F150 regarding weight capacity. Good thing he took the time to explain that to me because I was so confused. The ripped on my Satoshi grille. Now I am at work in a shitty mood. Thanks buddy for getting my morning off on the right start.

Are there any fellow Southern New Englander's that have had a better experience at another dealership? The dealer who gave me the cold shoulder is Tarbox in North Kingstown.

Thanks in advance,

photo1.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    photo3.jpg

2. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:39 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    You should have head butted him.i would have screamed at him and made him shit his pants...but not everyone is an asshole like me.

3. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    I had the same problem when I bought my 08 the TSB did not list the 08's yet. I kinda freaked out called the 1-800 number and then toyota sent a representative to the dealer to look at my truck and I got the leaf spring TSB done. Unfortunately if you use your truck like a truck and need the TSB like paintdiddy said u have be dick about it. Good luck!

4. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:47 AM
    RI Tacoma

RI Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Phx sometime soon
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sport DCLB
    OME 885's, Derped FJ TRD Wheels, Hankook Dynapro's ATM 265/75/16's, Retro's, WeatherTech Liners, Fog Light Mod, Bak Flip F-1, N-Fab Steps, 20% Tint, complete stereo, heated mirrors, Katzkin seats!!
    Where in RI did you go? I had Tarbox Toyota do the TSB on my 2011, no questions asked.

5. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    It says he went to Tarbox.

I would have given the dealer a rash of shit right back, especially if they were ripping on an aftermarket accessory I added. I hope you got that d-bag's name and make sure you throw him right under the bus when you call Toyota Customer Service or call the service manager and deal with him directly. There's no need to treat a customer like that.

6. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:51 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    The TSB does include the 2011s now. The update .pdf is here somewhere.
    Every dealer across America seems to handle this differently.
    Customer complaint key words seem to be harsh ride in the rear. You can call the 1 800 toyota line and get a file number dealer has 3 days to comply.
    Sounds like the dealer service writer needs a tactiful can of whip @ss but why waste your energy there you want the tsb right?. Call 1 800 toyota let your feeling be known there. Good luck. :)

7. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:54 AM
    tacoriffic

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    This happened at Tarbox. I was just shocked at how fast the service guy shot down my claim. I think I might give a call to another RI dealership or take it to Boch where I bought it.

8. Aug 16, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Also, some dealers react differently when you present a document not meant for the consumer.

9. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:00 AM
    tacoriffic

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    The T-SB-0359-10 is dated December 21, 2010 and does include the 2011 Access Cab, which is my Tacoma.

It must be Satoshi grille causing the harsh ride when using the truck like a truck.

I'll call Toyota today sometime.

10. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    tacoriffic

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    Its a shame some customers want to be educated about the $25k investment they made. I can see why he might get hostel.

11. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler
    yeah first i would call the service manager and voice my concerns about the "advisor" in question then the Sales and General Manager and inquire if this is how they treat there customers. I would tell them my next step is to call toyota and give names. SimonsMom is right you cant just walk in and say " I want the tsb, you have to approach it as a safety issue for harsh ride etc.. not saying that's what you did. I had similar experience with my dealership i called toyota got a return call from service manager next day ( he was quite apologetic, dont think a call from corporate goes over well) I ended up not doing the tsb, I just put in a 2" aal instead.

12. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    While your at it I would be bitching about the amount of rust you already have on a 2011. Your a lot nicer guy than me apparently. I kind of fit in that A-Hole category and I would have given him a ration of shit especially if he bagged on my truck for the grille. After chewing his ass out I would have chewed his bosses ass out just to make sure he has a bad day too. I would definitely throw his ass under the bus if you decide to call corporate. I would also call the dealer and speak to the service manager and throw his ass under the bus while threatening to take your claim to corporate. I bet if you made that phone call that D-bag would be forced to call and apologize and not only perform the TSB but probably give you a free oil change or two. Luckily I have been able to befriend a couple service advisers through the years so I'm treated pretty well and my vehicles get a little more attention. Also when speaking to the Service manager mention he said you should have bought an F-150 if you intended to use your truck like a truck. I bet that will get his ass in some deep crap...

13. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:14 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    just buy the non tsb aal from wheelers for 100 and throw it in. I agree it's bs they didn't cover it. As far as i know the tsb was only until 2010 unless they released a new one though

14. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:33 AM
    tacoriffic

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    Dealer just called to say the oil change was done (free under toyota care). I told them to stand in the bed of the truck and listen to suspension sqeak and watch the leafs bow almost the opposite way. We'll see what happens.

15. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    davescarp

davescarp Active Member

Member:
    Hudson, MA
    Vehicle:
    08 AC 4X4 SR5 V6
    Leer cap, spring TSB, bed mat, ventvisors,
    When I did my '08, they didn't put up a seconds worth of hassle!!! I use my truck like a truck and that TSB was greatly needed IMO..

16. Aug 16, 2011 at 6:48 AM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    After I calmed down some, I would make sure I ruined EVERYONE'S fucking day, starting with whoever owns that shithole

17. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    george3

george3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2008 2.7 Manual Trans Tacoma
    Seat belt beeper, Cabelas (Weathertech) floor liner gray, Covercraft Seat Savers in Taupe, Protecta Heavy Duty Rubber Truck Bed Mat, Pop n Lock PL5200, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit, Wolverine oil pan heater, Scangauge2, afe pro dry s filter, Remote Underbody 4 Piece LED Light Kit (White) used as Bed light, DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter, PA15-TOY, 4x4 Illuminated Switch, full synthetic, Redline Tuning Hood Support, Smittybilt Nerf Steps black powder-coated
    Why not go to the dealer you bought the truck from ? He's the one that make some $. A dealer you didn't buy from made no $ on the purchase and they don't make $ on TBS's either. Yes they get paid but not at the same rate as they do for regular service and repair. If the dealer you bought the truck from won't do anything just kick it up the corporate ladder.

18. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:35 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
    Open a file with your State Attorney Generals Office (it's free to you[​IMG]) and let the BIG GUNS handle it.

19. Aug 16, 2011 at 7:44 AM
    neoflex

neoflex Well-Known Member

Member:
    It shouldn't make a difference. If a dealer doesn't want to perform a TSB put out by Toyota than take the goddam Toyota logos off your building and become a non affiliated repair shop. At the end of the day they do get paid and Toyota expects them to take the necessary actions to keep Toyota customers happy and loyal and have TSBs and recalls addressed. You can bet you sweet ass that they wouldn't refuse to do the gas pedal TSB because that is a big liability for them to refuse. I'm sure the dealership owner would be pissed to know one of their guys is refusing work and sending customers to another dealer where they could become loyal customers and possibly make their next car purchase. I wrote off the dealer I bought my wifes 4Runner from because their service dept blew and I have become a loyal customer of their competitor and bought my Tacoma from them while waiting for the Runner to get service done. Got to kill the time somehow:D and I plan to purchase another Runner from them in the next couple months. That's a lot of money lost for having a shitty service dept and most of it was the fact that all their service writers were @ssholes like what the OP described.

20. Aug 16, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    tacoriffic

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Rhode Island
    I almost bought from this place but would have had to wait about 3 weeks for delivery. Warranty issues should not matter what dealer you bought it from the same corporate work gets filed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Toyota is going to handle the warranty request all the same. I also know that this dealer handles most of the frame replacements in this area.

Products Discussed in

To Top