1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

dash kit for tacoma 08

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by bra, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Nov 25, 2007 at 11:13 PM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Hello for my tacoma 08 I'm searching for the dash kit to adapt a standard little cd stereo maybe a JVC or SONY but where can i find one dash kit to adapt my future stereo? or if i got a big stereo like the original, i don't need to buy one dash kit, is it right? is it the same if i have a 6 disc changer?
    Thanks

2. Nov 25, 2007 at 11:28 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    if you get a single DIN or a double DIN cd player/head unit, you'll need to buy the installation kit. it's made by Scosche for the 05-08's, and this is the same one i used except i just bought mine at Best Buy. http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-2006-2007-...ryZ85806QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

here is a picture of my pioneer deh8500 installed in my 07 taco, and the radio IS for sale if you're interested, here is the link to the thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy-sell-trade/4169-pioneer-deh8500-sale.html

and here is a pic of it installed with the Scosche kit. The double DIN kit looks the same, just one big hole instead of the pocket on the bottom. Also, the silver color of the installation kit matches the interior of the truck perfectly, it's a great kit and i wouldn't use anything else

headunit.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Nov 26, 2007 at 11:19 PM
    bra

bra [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC 4X4 TRD sport
    Badges off
    Thank you very much turd taco, for your big help, I have purchase the in dash kit for my new tacoma on ebay and i'm so happy because it's the silver color the most beautiful model, but do you think it's the same for the original radio with 6 disc changer? I'm not sure... thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Nov 27, 2007 at 7:48 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    both head units from the factory install the same way. the kit u got is the same one i have. there is a kit out there however, that u can make it a single din or take out the insert w/ the cubby hole and then u have a double din.

5. Nov 27, 2007 at 10:18 PM
    TuRDTACO

TuRDTACO Carolina Alliance: Midwest Firearms Division

Member:
    joliet, il
    Vehicle:
    HAD 07 TRD OFFROAD PRERUNNER
    small dent on the hood, new foglight bulb, roughed up bedliner, been smoked in, suspicious stains on the passenger seat, boogers on the drivers seat, dirty floor mats, girl doodles on the dirty windows, loose wiring
    i havent seen that one, but then again i hate wallpaper, and if that makes sense to anybody on here then i pity you for being as dumb as i am

6. Nov 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM
    PatheticJoe

PatheticJoe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 TRD Sport - Access Cab
    The kit from Crutchfield allows single and double DIN, you just add or remove the tray. The draw back is it's black.

Products Discussed in

To Top