1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

w0rd!

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Leer, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Aug 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM
    Leer

Leer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    Hey Guys, I used to off road back in the day in Hilo where I grew up. Being in the city over here in Honolulu was one reason I just recently picked up my 4x4 Tacoma, I'd like to get back to the country just for a day around here.

I'm wondering if you guys know any light trials around that I can take my son to here on Oahu. Nothing real big cause we are going be ourselves and I don't have a winch. but I'm just looking to intruduce him to some light off roading or playing in the mud so I don't scare the sh*t out of him the first time and I know we can make it back out without having to get towed!

Any Ideas?

2. Aug 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Hey wassup, i live on Hilo now but moved from Oahu. There are actually choke places to go wheelin, you could go to Kaena point on the north west tip on the island, actually get a lot of places along the way to there a little past Wailua, choke sand but ther eare a few places where it would be best for 2 trucks. Along the way there theres a place called Army beach were the sand is do able, when i was living there i had a 84 4runner sr5 with a 6" lift and 33" sx, was kinda supped up but i could go on the beaches over there by myself, i used to take my then young kids(they much older now) all by ourselves to places no one was, we drive right to the water and spend the day there. You can go to Ewa or cambell industrial park, they get choke spots to by the water, not to challenging the kine good for go and take da kids fishing, you could go a little past sandy beach at a place called Allen davis, over there they get CHOKE places to go wheelin and its sake and ok to go by yourself, once in a while at bellows beach they let trucks on the sand and the sand there is hard so no worries, or you could go up north to kahuku behind the shrimp farms, there is more serious wheelin where you might need couple guys, Oahu get choke places surprisingly lol, while you over there trying to find out where to go, im trying to find them over here on the Big island lol lol easy my braddah

3. Aug 22, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    Leer

Leer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    Cuz, When I grew up, we all went up "Country Clubz"! I forget how to get up there, but was good fun for mudding. Mana road is gooood fun to, but its not serious off roading, but had some trials up there. Mana road takes like 4 hours to go through, good fun to take you familly and some friends, picnic up there, shoot gun and stuff. The best place to go off roading over there if you like get serious is Up Kalopa Park. Thats out past Honokaa I think, but the road goes up the mountain to a park and you can just keep on going to hit some major trials. Now it's been YEARS since I went off roading back home, so I'm not sure how these places are, but Ask around, they going tell you where to go!!

4. Aug 22, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Think I'll join here. Im new to oahu to so Im just trollin this thread.

Try go makalawena on kona side, and go up Cinder hill! That's a fun little trail. Nice beach with brackish water ponds too.
    Or head down waipio after one big rain. Kinda like country club but with rivers to drive through.

5. Aug 23, 2011 at 12:49 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Tint Weathertech floor liner, weathertech window visor Roll n lock tonneau cover Rubber bed mat Smoked license plate covers
    Hey mahalos LEER and Konaborne ill try ask some of my friends here about those placces, its funny though cause i wont take my Taco to places like that, plus its my wifes lol ill take my F250 where i wont care to much if get scratched or stuck ha ha

6. Aug 23, 2011 at 1:04 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Shit i just remember one more place for the both of you guys, if you drive towards northshore youll pass Helemano plantaion where they get the tourist stuff and good stuff to take your kids too plus i believe they get the worlds biggest maze but anyways, right after that place i believe its the next turn off on the right on a dirt road(they all dirt lol), you take that right and you go in about a block or so you going pass this long narrow dirt road that has drop offs on both side, if you on that road with the drop off you at the right place, that road goes all the way to the mountains and has some MEAN trails, you drive through miles of pineapple roads first then it gets fun, and when it rains cheeee hu the fun really begins!

Or you can go by where i used to live at Waipio Gentry, theres pineapple fields up by the newer costco there accross the freeway close to Mililani cemetery, there are trails there that can take you to PEarl city, north shore and to the center of Oahu where some rich people live on one HUGE ranch in the middle of the boonies(if you goggle earth and go to the center of Oahu you will see the ranch) get trails that might possibly take you to the other side of the island, never went that far but it is endless! Just different kind of wheelin

7. Aug 23, 2011 at 1:26 AM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Sounds good, if I ship my truck up here, I'll try hit some of them up...

If you go in a f250, you cant make it up the cinder hill though, and theres not really anywhere to turn around- just letting you know. You can still go down makalawena though. It's the turn right across from the veterans cemetery sign, a few hundred feet south of kua bay

8. Aug 23, 2011 at 1:34 AM
    supremetaco2

supremetaco2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    concrete jungle, oahu
    Vehicle:
    04inacoma
    +hp, lifted, lights, dif breather mod, debadged, shorty antenna...
    peacock flats in waianae made it up 3 times wit my prerunner no probs if u stay on the main trail.. only thing is you need a permit to get in

9. Aug 23, 2011 at 10:37 AM
    Tigahshark

Tigahshark Senior NEWBIE

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    On a volcano, literally!
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD off road 4X4
    Always wanted to go peacock flats but everytime my friends went i ALWAYS had something to do:mad: i always just see the picture AFTERWARDS and get nuts lol but yeah like he said if you ever get a chance to go up there go for it, view of a life time that most people on Oahu NEVER SEE! The road up there is drivable with cars to just the trail parts up there i am assuming is where it gets cool, i used to surf down at Yolks(right at the bottom by the gaurd shack) and watch the workers and a occasional UPS truck take the zigzag road to the top!

Konaborne hey thanks for the tip, thats the one thing shity about full size HEAVY trucks, a lot of the times you cant go places with them cause of just that, oh well i guess i got to i mean forced to use my wifeys TACO:D

10. Aug 26, 2011 at 8:12 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    x2 on peacock flats. made it up in my dad's prerunner no problem. there are some challenging side trails tho

11. Aug 26, 2011 at 8:16 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    Want. To. go.

12. Aug 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    there's a hiking trail too :p
    lol jk jk

13. Aug 26, 2011 at 8:25 PM
    Konaborne

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road

Products Discussed in

To Top