1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Goodyear Duratracs VS BFG AT

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by feltsphoto, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:21 PM
    feltsphoto

feltsphoto [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    NKY
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD off road pkg 4x4
    As of now... completely stock, but hopefully not for long
    Okay so I'm buying tires in the next few weeks and I pretty much had made my mind up on the Duratracs. BUT, I have been reading a lot of negative reviews on the side wall strength and how squirrelly they can get at highway speeds. I have owned 2 sets of BFG AT and have absolutely loved them, but I've really fallen in love with the Goodyears. Now I'm thinking I'll be going with the BFG's again. Anyone here have any suggestions or any personal experience?

2. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    duratracs will be better then bfg's in everyway......with that being said if you ever run nitto terra grapplers youll never go back to bfg a/t's again either

3. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:32 PM
    brians05taco

brians05taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lafayette,La.
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner white debadged 4.0
    lifted, bedcover,BHLM, grill, etc...
    i had the nittos and currently bfg at and cant say anything bad about bfg love them

4. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:41 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    I love my Duratracs. I have nothing to compare them with though since they're the only tires I've had other than the crap stock Sport tires. They've done great in snow and sand, aren't really loud. I can attest that they can be a little squirrelly at highway speeds but nothing that's too bad.

5. Sep 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    99PreRunner.

99PreRunner. ^ I no longer have a Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Mobile, AL
    Vehicle:
    2008 GMC 3500 Duramax 4x4 - CCLB
    Not a fan of the duratracs, people I know that have them, have worn quicker than what I figured they would... BFG KM2s FTW!!

6. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM
    tacoman_KC

tacoman_KC Hurray for Zoidberg!

Member:
    First Name:
    John Zoidberg
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Subaru Outback
    I have had my Duratracs for a little over a year now and they have been good, They seem to be wearing well, I've put 15k on them so far. They handle adverse weather conditions very well...Much better then the old Dunlops that came with the truck. However they do like to throw rocks.

[​IMG]

7. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:20 PM
    Blacktacoma23

Blacktacoma23 If your tires don't rub you can fit bigger tires

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2011 Mall Crawler/84'
    6" BDS DB, 37", Dirt King, Total chaos UCA's w/ Heims, Fox c/o's, 4-banger fenders, 37" Nittos, 4.88 w/ rear ARB, AP Expos, 17x9 Method beadlocks, cab mount relocation, "Insain fab" tub, 5% tint, 10" Rockford Fosgates, Magnaflow 18" custom catback exhaust, AFE intake, Trail Gear bumper, Crown brake lines F/R
    I vote Duratrac's out of the 2. I had them for a whille before i moved up tire sizes. There amazing in the snow!

Edit: found a few pic's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Sep 15, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    get the Hankook dynapro atm

9. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    PedalDan

PedalDan New Member

Member:
    Santa Clara CA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD 4x4
    Smoke LED Tailights Konig Black Alloys
    similar situation only I'm looking at replacing my Nitto Terra Grapplers. Approaching 33,000 miles and I was hoping to get at least 40 to 45,000.
    Good tires only wear fast. I got 35,000 on my stock bfg at's!

10. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
  11. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    Everywhere I have seen the duratracs are pretty pricey...one reason to go w/ the BFG or Nittos...ect..

The duratracs are a badass looking tire though

12. Sep 15, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    ColtsTRD

ColtsTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Hate Nittos...had a set of the TG's that lasted 27k miles...pathetic IMO. I rotated them properly and I don't drive like a pissed off teenager. Both the Duratracs and BFG A/Ts are phenomenal tires...Duratracs look cooler so get those :laugh:

13. Sep 15, 2011 at 8:14 PM
    Yamaha Dave

Yamaha Dave Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have had both the BFG All Terrain TKOs and now I am running Goodyear Duratracs. I can say without a hesitation the Duratrac is a FAR MORE SUPERIOR tire than the BFG. I'm not sure about the wondering mine it might be user error either running the tires with too low psi or some of the half ton trucks running Load C tires pulling loads when they should be running a D or E load range. The reason I got rid of my BFGs is simply because within a period of about 4 months I had two punctures just from regular highway driving and this was directly through the tread blocks. That being said I went with the beefier Duratracs and they have been AMAZING.

Products Discussed in

To Top