1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Gay's in the Military, What the troops think about Civilians making that decision.

Discussion in 'Military' started by battleyota, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert

Religious portion of the brain?, come on you are just making shit up. Brainwashing, is that what you mean. ;) Yes some brains are more susceptible to that.

2. Sep 24, 2011 at 2:52 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    KN Cold air intake, Dynomax exaust, Husky liners
    well.. an estimated 10 percent of the population are highly suggestible (easily brainwashed)..Religion is a higher form of spirituality and is Genetic. If you think I am making it up Look up Neurotheology....every society in the history of the world have believed in some sort of religion. The people who belonged to those societies that didn't were the exception not the rule. If you do not have some sort of spirituality at least you will be in a constant struggle of internal conflict.

3. Sep 24, 2011 at 3:09 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    I really respect anyone who wants to serve regardless of sexual orientation also but Peoples concerns are not irrelevant.. whether people are for or against DADT.. Being in the military puts you in unique and difficult living circumstances that makes everything relevant. there are literally rules and guidelines for almost every situation from how you can use a cell phone while in uniform to how and when to engage the enemy. A military members life is dictated by policies.

4. Sep 24, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    No constant struggle of internal conflict here, good grief. :rolleyes:

So neurotheology is some new theory of something espoused by a few guys like Andrew Newman and Michael Persinger with some brain measurements and subjective testimonials and a lot of speculation. I'm not impressed. You aren't making it up, Newman is, and you're buying whatever "it" is, while seeking to establish a connection that can't be made. This fringe field seems to be so far removed that science hasn't bothered to weigh in.

5. Sep 24, 2011 at 5:16 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    \

Look man.. every thing is a theory.. evolution, sexuality, global warming, big bang, electricity the list goes on and on and on.. I consider all psychology at this point a pseudo-science. all the stuff on being born gay I could make the exact same arguments that you are making.. so I guess in your mind Genetics has nothing to do with your actions.... so your holding two opposing beliefs at the same time.. genetics plays a part in your sexuality... but plays no part in your spirituality.. apparently the scientist at Harvard dont agree with you...but i guess your theories are more valid...lol.. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=110997741

6. Sep 24, 2011 at 6:55 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing I read from your link suggest Harvard doesn't agree with me.

From your link Johns Hopkins says this.

The research raises the question, is God a delusion created by brain chemistry, or is brain chemistry a necessary conduit for people to reach God?

They don't disagree with me, they are only speculating that it may not be a delusion, hardly a scientific conclusion that supports you.

Now neurologists believe they've found the sweet spot for spiritual experience -- in the temporal lobe. Some scientists say the temporal lobe, which is associated with emotion and memory, is the seat of spirituality.

Finding the sweetspot of spirituality doesn't mean it is validates man made gods, but it could explain the delusion, how does that support you?

Now, scientists from universities like Harvard, Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins are using new technologies to analyze the brains of people who claim they have touched the spiritual

Scientist trying to analyzed the brain is a long way off from making any conclusions, and again the conclusion could be they are delusional.

There is certainly argument over whether gay is genetic. I believe the majority of homosexuals when they that claim they feel an attraction to the same sex equivalent to heterosexuals. The reasons to claim that those feelings aren't real only mean to discredit homosexuality as illegitimate or unnatural. Mostly hating.

http://www.slate.com/id/2215123/

7. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L

Ok.. well you are also trying to say that beleiving a god or gods for that matter as illegitimate or unnatural.. mostly hating

8. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    j83soldier

j83soldier Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    joshua
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma
    anti lock brake disable mod, fogtime anytime mod, Leer Topper, all pro plate bumper, toytec 3 inch lift, bfg AT, rims, piaa 5100's, some double din head unit (cant remember), warn 8000 winch, DO sliders, hacked frame to fit full size spare, thule and yakima roof racks
    Close thread, it is offically policy and SM should adhere to it regardless of opinion. That being said opinion, now that it is policy, should be silent

9. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
    X2, I think it's time for a lock......

10. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    X3

:locked:

11. Sep 24, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    There is no point in even trying to catch up

12. Sep 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    I just want to participate...

13. Sep 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
  14. Sep 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I wasn't saying you are driven against this subject by hate......... butt these are your words?

Where was I hating?, your link spoke of delusion. I certainly don't think believe in a man made god is unnatural, just taught. Legitimate?, I don't see any evidence for legitimate.

Google "Born Homosexual" and you will find little science but a lot of need to conclude it is not natural, and almost exclusively with religious motivation? That's not objective science.

15. Sep 24, 2011 at 9:43 PM
    Dilley

Dilley Well-Known Member

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    06 2.7L
    Nice try but I am not googling homosexual.. lol..

my link spoke of the religious portion of the brain that you said I was making up.

Look.. you want to be gay thats fine, just dont go hating on every one who believes in some sort of religion.

My statement above is out of context and its supposed to be talking about weirdos who use gayness as an excuses to be a weirdos not the average gay person who is not a problem.

16. Sep 24, 2011 at 9:45 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  17. Sep 24, 2011 at 9:46 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    x2 :D

18. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    worthywads

Member:
    Vehicle:
    No where in your link did they find a religious portion of the brain like you are claiming, show me where I missed it. Thoughts in a certain part of the brain doesn't equal a religious portion of the brain, those are your conclusions that the Harvard scientists didn't say.

You didn't show me where I was hating, but said it again?

I'm heterosexual, why would you think I want to be gay, it's not a choice for me or homosexuals.

19. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM
    krimson

krimson Nothin

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    OME 3" lift with 885 coils. OME Shocks with TSB 1.5 AAL. 285/75/16 KM2s. XD Hoss 16" wheels. DDM Tuning 6000K HIDs, H10 6000K Fogs. BHLM. Debaged. 20% tint on front windows.
  20. Sep 24, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    :locked:0:goingcrazy: :goingcrazy::goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy: :goingcrazy:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top