1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY bed liner

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by sprocketdog, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:26 AM
    sprocketdog

sprocketdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Halifax Pa
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco 96 Taco 06 TSX 94 extra cab Hilux
    DR coilovers, Camburg UCAs, Dakar rear springs, Bilstien 5150s, Demello sliders, rear plate bumper w/ swing gate, and alot more mods. [IMG]http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd368/sprocketdog1/059.jpg[/IMG]
    Ok, just finished up a small project and thought I would share my experience with this spray in liner kit I used ( Liner Extreeme ). The kit was purchased off of ebay with a free gun as well. As per the instructions they tell you to use it at a 3:1 mixture I found that by thinning it out to 2:1 it made the application alot better. Other supplies to have on hand to use this product is disposible gloves, a good resperator, wooden paint stick, mixing containers and shop towels. You will need an air compressor since the product calls for 60 to 70 lbs of pressure for the gun.
    Once you have mixed up all of the componets (rubber crumb, part A, part B, and reducer) you have a shelf life of 35 mins so make sure you have your surface prepped and free of dirt and oils. Application is pretty much staight forward just like using spray balm. Make sure to have all areas masked off that are not intended for the coating. As well as give your self plenty of room since the over spray does travel pretty far. Since I used this on my new plate bumper I started with the inner surface 1st then let it cured for about 24 hrs, then flipped it over to do the outter surface. It does start to set up (depending on the temperature) in about 3-4 hrs. That is about it, I am very happy how easy the application is and very pleased with the results, I will be doing the flares and other items next.:cool:

005.jpg
    011.jpg
    046.jpg
    047.jpg
    055.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Sep 26, 2011 at 6:29 AM
    brettb

brettb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    '99 Tacoma
    Looks good!

3. Sep 27, 2011 at 9:50 AM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Looks good! How easy is touch-up? Can you spray more bedliner on top if you get a scrape on rocks?

4. Sep 30, 2011 at 8:56 AM
    Paak

Paak Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gulf Breeze, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM TX
    Bull bar, soft tonneau cover, LED dome and map lights, Sockmonkey sticker, MagnaFlow SI/SO, Window Visors
    Looks good, how durable is it? I've played with some cheap DIY rattle can bed liner and it flaked off.

5. Mar 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    pnwtaco

pnwtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Bellingham, WA
    Vehicle:
    95 3.4 manual 4x4
    Bilstein 5100's, Pro Comp alloy rims with 33" Duratracs
    bump. how is it holding up? that looks professional..waaaay better than the cheap spray-can crap

Products Discussed in

To Top