1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone use "beanbag" GPS dash mounts

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by trdracing5, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Feb 6, 2009 at 4:07 AM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
    Has anyone ever used those "beanbag" mounts for the GPS? I am looking for a solution to mount my GPS and I just cannot see how those types of mounts stay put. Anyone with any experience using these types of mounts?

[​IMG]

2. Feb 6, 2009 at 4:26 AM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I use one for now, they stay put and don't move around. Only down side is that they are somewhat large. As soon as I come up with a different way to mount it, this one is gone.

3. Feb 6, 2009 at 7:34 AM
    rahover

rahover Member

Member:
    Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
    Vehicle:
    2009 Sport is 6th Toy Truck - 1st 1982
    AFE Pro dry air filter A.R.E. CX cab high cap Factory OEM running boards Husky liners front/rear De-badged Tailgate Sock'd Tailgate Decal
    I got one of these for a christmas gift along with a Magellen. At first i didn't think i would use the beanbag mount....

Then i tried it.

I can transfer the GPS between my two cars, and my wifes two cars easily, not having to 'fuss' with some permanent mount or attachment...or work on getting a suction cup to mount.....

We don't use GPS all the time, only on trips, so the added bulk is not that big a deal.....

we also don't always throw it up on the dash, with the beanbag mount, we can put it on the center console......

And it makes it easy to throw into the center cosole to be 'out of sight' if we have to leave it in the car.

Not an ideal solution, but if you have to move your GPS often, it is handy, and will work fine until i uprade to an in-dash navigation unit.

Rich

4. Feb 6, 2009 at 7:36 AM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    Used one on my last trip to Seattle, the thing stayed put even accross some roads that barely passed as paved. I was really impressed, also the ease in moving it was nice. I would like to try a window mount once just to compare, but all in all I really liked this type.

5. Feb 6, 2009 at 8:06 AM
    L8Rmike

L8Rmike Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goose Creek, SC
    Vehicle:
    08 White DC LB 4x4 sport
    Got the A/C vent GPS holder for my wife's Sienna because the windshield is 2 acre's away from the driver. It works good enough. It does not bounce around as I thought it would and no damage to the vent installing it. You have to have a light touch on the GPS or it will move some. The arm's that clip to the vent are spring loaded and it cost 5 bucks.

6. Feb 6, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    camsbored

camsbored Well-Known Member

Member:
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner DC/Sport/LB
    Kenwood DNX8120, Homelink mirror, Valentine One hardwire
    They work great. I've had a few and bought several as gifts. Like others have said, it's great for transferring between cars and putting it away when not in the car. Additionally, and in my opinion most important, it doesn't leave a suction cup mark on the windshield which attracts thieves looking to steal a GPS.

Products Discussed in

To Top