1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Somebody hit and run my babytruck. And I know who did it.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by babytruck, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:22 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :( so sorry to hear baby truck got damaged.

Call the cops and file a report. Be sure to tell the officer what she said. Go after her insurance company.

2. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    MyYota05

MyYota05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Prerunner w/ TRD Offroad Pkg.
    3'' Lift Kit, Bed Rug Liner, Black Rims
    I am so sorry about baby truck, and that sucks I hate how people want man up when they do something wrong, hopefully you can get it fixed and babytruck can get back on the road.:(

3. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :mad: :mad: NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD DRIVERS!!!!! :mad: :mad:

4. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
  5. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM
    screename

screename Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Van
    Houston, TX

HAHAHAHAAHAH Nice Catch. You REALLY need to file a Police report AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. The longer you wait, the longer the insurance company will question why you waited so long. I made the huge mistake of waiting until the next day to file a claim and they kept asking me over and over and over again why I did not call them earlier. I told them that it happened late at night in the snow and was not feeling well enough to call them that night. It made a simple claim much more complicated than it should have been. Im sure some insurance companies and agents would not have hassled me as much but I will never make that mistake again.

If you have a police report, please disregard this but by reading the OP, it doesn't seem like you filed one. Either way, you should NOT let her off he hook. She made a mistake and she needs to pay for it. If I hit my friend's car, I would contact them immediately and try to remedy the situation with many, many apologies in between. The fact that she did not even have the common courtesy to contact you the instant the accident occurred should tell you something about her character. Even if there was zero damage, it should be up to YOU whether there was damage and if any further action was needed.

I hope you don't let this slide. The way I look at it.....she is basically stealing from you. You will need to shell out money (whether it be a deductible to your insurance company or straight cash out of your pocket) to get babytruck fixed. If she doesn't pay, she has stolen from you. Good luck with getting this resolved.

6. Oct 1, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I really didn't but I stand by my opinion, I feel for your loss.

7. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM
    mgbulldog

mgbulldog . . .

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    fort bragg nc
    Vehicle:
    09 dc manual
    2.5 spacers, 1.5 aal, step rail, tinted tails, blacked out badges, urd short throw.
    :facepalm: at all the derpies knocking female drivers in a thread started by a female...

babytruck - hope everything works out

8. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:13 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    shhhh...:spy:

And....[​IMG]...poor babytruck! How could she!?!?!? I would be furious! Hysterical!

Is there a surveillance camera in the parking lot? Any of your coworkers witness the wreck? If it were me I would talk to her quietly and give her the opportunity to make things right by calling her insurance company and getting the ball rolling to report the wreck and get a claim going. If she doesn't then its time to get the cops involved and get mean.

9. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :facepalm:

images_5cdd96ece88befc66f6bac1f67c1e3975e1d0435.jpg

10. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Sorry to hear what happened Baby Truck. Contact the police asap.

11. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    Iakopa84

Iakopa84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD Off-Road
    Aries Grille Guard, PIAA 520 xtreme ATP lights, K&N high-flow intake, 2.5" velocity front leveling kit
    Sorry to hear about babytruck!

Like it's been stated already, I'd give her the chance to quietly and in a civil manner have her insurance pay for the damages, or give you money to get it fixed. If she doesn't go that route, get the cops involved. If that's how she's gonna behave when she admittedly hits your truck, she needs to pay the consequence.

12. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Your too nice of a guy, do not get taken advantage of. She WRECKED your truck and you need to call the police. DO NOT let it go or it will be too late, it might already be too late. She dosen't give a crap about your truck but you do. Make the right choice.

13. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    This "guy" you speak of.....is a woman.

14. Oct 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Just most...

15. Oct 1, 2011 at 8:06 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    First of all, you are an excellent writer and expressed yourself very well in your post. You could be writing for a living.

Now to your truck ... I would be very upset (with the hit & run) and would have the same feelings of being violated in the trust dept. ... especially with all of the things that you have done for her.

With all this said ... some people will NEVER be honest with you, no matter how much you help them.

I hope you did a police report and took some photos and made some notes. This is clearly a "hit & run" (felony in some states) and probably could be easily proven with paint samples and a smart police investigator.

Good luck and I would write this person off as a friend and get my tuck fixed at an excellent body shop.

16. Oct 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    Whats a friend? Is it that thing like ummm???

*My precious, my precious tacoma...*

Sorry I was distracted. Real friends can be counted on your 1 hand.

17. Oct 1, 2011 at 8:37 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW
    sexual favors??

18. Oct 1, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    Night

Night Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR AC MagGrey
    Banks Monster Exhaust, aFe ProGuard 7, 3M Film, UnderCoating, alpine 920 headunit, alpine 6.5 components, 20% tint all around, JL Stealthbox, PDX-V9 Amp, Avid Lightbar, Avid Sliders, Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau, TRD S/C
    + Videos paaaaleeeasse

19. Oct 1, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    Wally

Wally Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario (the metric version)
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD 4x4 6MT 1GR-FE
    A "friend" doesn't hit and run a vehicle, especially when they know who the owner is. Integrity and honesty seems to be in short supply in this situation, sounds more like selfish self-interest. I think she made the decision for you with her actions ... report it and let the police investigate. It's their job to see if they can determine responsibility. If they don't find her at fault, all you can do is fix it yourself.

She admitted to hitting your vehicle and leaving. The least she could do is take responsibility and pay for the damages. If she couldn't see your vehicle well enough to not back into it, how could she accurately assess the damage? She probably took off as soon as she saw no one was around and didn't even get out of her own vehicle.

Don't let her manipulate your feelings ... she hit your truck. It's up to her to take responsibility for it.

20. Oct 2, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    babytruck

babytruck [OP] Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    I came on here to give you all an update and saw the replies. Thank you all so much for the support, everyone. You guys are the best. I guess I kind of needed these cyber hugs after all...:eek:

I Had my husband take the truck in for me (yes, I just couldn't do it myself). The estimate for the damage is just under $3500. [​IMG] Replace bumper, side panel, light assembly, fender guard, inside of wheel wells, all the understuff that goes with it and even the EKOGuard. No damage to frame!!

The good thing is, I just got a call from her insurance -Progressive Insurance- (On a Sunday??) who wanted my full name, address and other info. My co worker had called her insurance and gave them my number!!!!!!!! [​IMG] She came through for me! She called and told them she hit my truck!!~

The truck now has an appt on Tues to go to my favorite body shop (the same one above, who happens to be on their network) to meet with the insurance adjuster and they will both do an estimate again so they can come to an agreement on how much the body shop will do the work for. She already set me up for a rental truck and everything! [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top