1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Honking when unlocking

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by otherside4002, Sep 24, 2010.

1. Apr 23, 2011 at 3:43 PM
    otherside4002

otherside4002 [OP] Botasky

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Sanford
    Vehicle:
    Work in progress
    that didnt fix it, but it did lead me to find a solution for it. so thank you very much, two years of annoyance is finally over! THANK YOU!

2. Oct 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM
    kamehameha

kamehameha Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Chicago
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab SR5
    LED interior lighting-DRL mod-Tinted windows 20%front Limo rear-K&N CAI-3inch leveling kit-Factory Auto Dimming Mirror Upgrade Pioneer Double Din DVD/Radio-
    Ok so for all you guys that want to know I am going to show you some of the things that are possible with the factory scantool. Keep in mind these options are those from an 09 Sienna since its not every day I get a Tacoma to work on. Either way most of these options are available on all models. Also, my 08 DCSB has no factory options accessible via the factory scantool. I believe they started making them all available from 09 and up.

Once connected to the vehicle an option in the left margin appears called customize setting. After selecting customize are given a list of possible options. I have selected wireless door locks in this example and then the following options are given for that specific ecu/vehicle function.

I hope this helps everyone and gives you guys an idea of what is possible through the factory. By the way I should mention I have pretty much no idea how to use forum sites I have always just read from them and never posted anything before. If this post is a repeat or in the wrong section I apologize in advance. Like I said I have no idea what i'm doing right now I hope this is right and I can learn to make future posts correctly. I can probably answer many other question as well so just contact me with them and I'll try my best. Continental Toyota 3rd year apprentice.

photo.jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    photo (2).jpg

3. Oct 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    JPP

JPP New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Crystal River
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5