1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weathertech Floor Liners

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by IrishPilot, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Aug 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM
    Larry

Larry CARL

Member:
    CARL
    After a couple of weeks w/ the weathertechs...I gotta say, I like them a lot. Happy with my purchase.

If...I could change one thing...

The part of the liner that goes over the left foot dead pedal would cover the entire pad...not just 1/2 of it.

2. Aug 30, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    Tbird

Tbird Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    Question for all you with the digitals.

I bought in on the last group buy. On the fronts...both sides will not
    line up with the hump. They bulge inward and leave an ugly gap. Had a
    second set sent...and they do the same.

Anybody else have the same issue? I love them...but honestly they look like crap with that gap.

I know I should snap a pic...but no camera right now.

3. Jan 23, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    COACHPPARK

COACHPPARK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JC
    ST. PETERSBURG
    Vehicle:
    2024 CELESTIAL SILVER METALLIC TRD SPORT
    TINTED ALL WINDOWS, SOME GRILLE BADGES,
    After buying my truck this was one of the first threads I read and said better get those ASAP.. I bought directly from Weathertech came in about four days It took me longer to get them out of the box then installing them... love them great buy investment...
    [​IMG]

4. May 2, 2011 at 3:03 PM
    95tojo

95tojo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    So IL
    Vehicle:
    '19 Cement Grey TRD Sport 4x4 6MT
    Just ordered mine ! Definately need them since my work boots were already destroying my factory matts after just 2 months of having the truck :mad:

5. May 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    trdr6

trdr6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clay
    Greensboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD Off-Road 4X4 Double Cab Magnetic Grey
    AFE Stage II Si CAI, Raptor Series Straight Chrome Step Bars
    I'll be buying these shortly. Group buy anyone?

6. May 10, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    hotrod45

hotrod45 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    sarasota fl
    Vehicle:
    16 sr 5 access cab
    i bought from www.autoanything.com. free ship, plus a nice coupon on line for 10% off. also bought seat covers. this is a good company

7. Jun 14, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    I'm adding this to my "Must Mod" list for when I purchase my tacoma because 3/4 of the year the ground is wet/muddy around here. A few questions-

Do these mats squeak with rubber-soled boots/shoes? How is the traction with wet boots? (is there a lot of heel-slip on the drive foot?)

8. Jun 18, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    PA Sniper

PA Sniper Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2010-DC-TRD Sport
    G4 Elite Tonneau cover from Fold a Cover, Pop N Lock tailgate lock, Weather-Tec Custom molded floor mats, additional bed "D-Rings"
    I've had no problems with boot heels slipping on these mats....until, I had the car detailed at my local Toyota dealer and they applied something to these mats. They are now like a skating rink. I don't know if it was silicone or Armour All or what, I called them and alerted them to the fact that this wasn't a great idea. You'd think Toyota would be sensitive to floor mat issues. I really need to take them out and scrub them to see if I can remove whatever it is that's causing the slipperyness. Out of the box there were no problems though.

9. Jun 18, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Good to know. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to PROTECTING the inside of my ride once I get it. I'll probably end up getting seat covers too. That way I have no excuse not to go play in the mud and rain (and drag my friends along with me :))

10. Jun 18, 2011 at 9:40 PM
    georgeandkanoa

georgeandkanoa the point is simply this

Member:
    First Name:
    jeff
    calgary
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma trd
    bilstein5100's front tinted windows access cover pioneer stereo weathertechs grillcraft grill kc's behind cbi sliders
    i wish I had have gotten black ones,the grey are hard to keep clean

11. Jun 21, 2011 at 6:35 AM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Ordered the digital floor liners for the front and rear last night. Had front ones in my WRX and loved them. My interior/carpet is grey, but got black floorliners cause they dont show dirt as much.

12. Jun 21, 2011 at 6:53 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I have an access cab black rear digifit that I will be selling since I traded in 05 access cab for 08 reg cab.............FS thread coming soon.

13. Jun 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    The black ones are impossible to keep clean as well. I have them in my Legacy wagon and the only thing that works decently is if I wash them with soap and warm water and use one of those vegetable scrubbers.

Other than that, they are constantly dirty. One of two negatives I have against these mats.

14. Jun 21, 2011 at 11:09 PM
    deerslayer75

deerslayer75 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    jersey shore
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD sport Dblcab Lngbed
    pop-n-lock, mcgard tailgate lock, chrome tube steps, bed extender, chrome brush guard, Fold a cover (G-4) tonneau, weather tech floor mats and rain gaurds, sock monkey: TRD 3rd brake light and whitetail decals, LED bed lights, blue map & dome, 3rd brake light and license plate LED mod, illuminated 4x4 switch, fishing rod holder mod, scangauge II, Remote start & alarm, TW sticker, Flyzeye cupholder light mod
    These mats fit like a glove and look great too. I think I paid $170 for the set front and back. Try Amazon.com or go to weathertec and locate their closest diamond dealer they will have the best prices.

15. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:33 PM
    CUtacomaTIGER

CUtacomaTIGER Unprofessional Driver

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 4X4 SR5 Chrome Stepside
    Black Wheels Tow Hitch w/4 Pin Weathertech Floor Mats Flowmaster Deck Plate Mod Window Tint Rear Diff Breather Mod Blacked out Badges Window Rain Guards Bed Liner
    I bought the custom weather tech 450101 tan mats ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KL7408 ) and have been very pleased with them. Didn't have to do any trimming around the clutch pedal like others have mentioned. they go deep under dash but not deep enough to cause pedals to stick. price is pretty much the same everywhere. more expensive on Amazon than weather tech website but you get free shipping so the price is about equal and amazon return policy is amazing.

16. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:39 PM
    CUtacomaTIGER

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Black Wheels Tow Hitch w/4 Pin Weathertech Floor Mats Flowmaster Deck Plate Mod Window Tint Rear Diff Breather Mod Blacked out Badges Window Rain Guards Bed Liner
    mine don't fit perfectly on the sides next to the shifter. there may be a couple millimeter gap in the middle as far as front to back goes but i don't think you can expect perfect. the gap would go away if you push it toward the middle but they slide down a little naturally. how big a gap were do you have. i'll upload some pics of mine soon

17. Oct 13, 2011 at 7:02 AM
    D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Moving all the time
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD-OR
    Tinted windows, Plasti-dipped emblems (black), white 2011 grill w plasti derped white toyota emblem, Weathertech dontfits; Clarion HU, Hertz-165 Coax, Alpine 500w mono to 8" JL 3w3, Wet Okeles, CBI sliders, Eibach/5100's @0.85 in front, Dakar leaves and OME shocks in rear, Leer topper.

Maybe you are talking about the other thread? I posted some photos in the access cab weathertech thread.. but I'll put them here too. (they are slightly different photos)

They are a great product, with the exception of my fit issues. After looking for the model number to tell weathertech, I would say they could be thicker. I have only had them about two months, and besides not fitting so well they live up to the reputation.

I have nothing close to a mat that "fits like a glove" or that appears "digi fit". Perhaps I'm picky, but I expected things to match and line up, and have a great fit but I'm even a bit skeptical they belong in another vehicle.

I'm very curious how others fit, did I just have really high expectations from the great reviews and the high price?

Issues:
    -I have gaps toward the middle, center console as well as front to back.
    -overall mediocre fit
    - "cut out" and notches/contours for bolts match up to nothing

EDIT: Not too keen on the lack of response from Weathertech. They asked for more photos, I gave them more photos and haven't heard from them in a few days.

derp2 002.jpg
    derp2 009.jpg
    derp2 012.jpg

18. Oct 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    CUtacomaTIGER

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    i was responding to Tbird's post further up a bit so that's probably why the confusion. I should have quoted it but forgot and didn't bother fixing. the first pic has a sizable gab, that is one of the front correct? mine don't have that big a gab as far as i remember now. but mine is a '01 so different I'd think

19. Oct 13, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    outxider

outxider Never stop exploring. Rest in Paradise Big Bro.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    A few mods here and there and counting....
    I just got my set directly from weathertech for my double cab and it fits perfectly. None of the gaps as seen in D13's post. Quite happy with them as I dunno why i didn't invest in these last season for the winter. Would of save me a lot of time cleaning.

20. Oct 21, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    D13

D13 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Moving all the time
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD-OR
    Tinted windows, Plasti-dipped emblems (black), white 2011 grill w plasti derped white toyota emblem, Weathertech dontfits; Clarion HU, Hertz-165 Coax, Alpine 500w mono to 8" JL 3w3, Wet Okeles, CBI sliders, Eibach/5100's @0.85 in front, Dakar leaves and OME shocks in rear, Leer topper.
    Interesting.. two weeks and still haven't heard much from weathertech.. I did email them and inquire and was told the manager was discussing the photos and fit or lack of fit with the engineers... I'm pretty anxious to hear what they have to say cause the fit sucks

Products Discussed in

To Top