1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FEELER, CUSTOMLIGHTZ.COM retrofitted fog, headlights and off road lights

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by stunt man hans, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Oct 17, 2011 at 4:36 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    nice hans! it looks great!! may i ask what your powering those fx-r with?

2. Oct 17, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    stunt man hans

stunt man hans [OP] DISPLACED VIKING LIVING IN WYOMING

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    FULL AEV PROSPECTOR KIT++
    2nd gen 55 watt morimoto. it's epic the way he mounted them and adjusted them i hit skreet signs like a half mile away first they are purple then blue then whiteand the closer you get it looks as if they are gonna burst into flames lol.

3. Oct 17, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    here is a quick comparison for those still running the factory halogen headlights and considering a retrofit.

the halogen set-up pictured is my wifes 2010 subaru out back sport this car has the same projector as the lexus es 350 so its a nice projector and as bright as the tacoma's factory set-up. when i bought my truck my wifes headlights seemed a little brighter to me lol..

however when compared to the fx-r it's laughable i actually think i may have to do something about my wifes headlights now lol they look horrible lol

this is obviously informal but, you don't need to break out the spectrometer to tell the difference between them it's pretty severe.

first the low beams then the high beams.

P1020893.jpg
    P1020896.jpg
    P1020899.jpg
    P1020898.jpg

4. Oct 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    his tweaked mini H1 is nice really nice!!! the color is almost as much as the fx-r and the beam is super even and consistant from the ground up to the cut off.

i just don't think they are quite as wide as the fxr and you can't run 55 wt ballast on them apparently because it will melt them.

i really want the s2000 retro in the arb lights those with a modified cutoff shield with no step and 3000k bulbs would be retarded so i would have the 55 watt fx-r on roids up top then the s2k on the bottom for when the weather gets bad heavy rain or snow and dust they would rule ass!

the s2k is the widest brightest beam i have seen yet man they are the best premium projector thats made hands down.

5. Nov 1, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    ggreen

ggreen Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM TRD Sport DC Shortbed 4x4
    Icon Suspension Lift, TRD Cold Air Intake, TRD Exhaust (Powder Coated Black), Wet Okole Seat Covers, Weathertech Mats
    Very interested but I'll hold off on putting my name down until I get an idea on pricing. I'd be interested in blacked out complete retrofit headlights.

6. Nov 2, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    stunt man hans

Member:
    First Name:
    Hans
    LIVE FREE OR DIE
    Vehicle:
    2015 AEV RAM 3500
    pm me the details and questions of your retrofit. this part of the process can be time consuming.

so after hanging out with bjorn for awhile we had talked about letting me take down the particulars so when you finally get in touch with him it's not like a three hour conversation.

i have a lot of knowledge about this stuff so to help you nail down the particulars of your set-up the projectors bulb choice and choice of ballast can have a major effect on the cost of your retrofit.

each projector has it's own characteristic's and strong and weak points i pretty much know them all so it depends on what components you choose. search it out a bit or tell me a little about how you intend on intend on using your truck. ie, is it a street queen thats never going to see mud or is it's home in muck and river crossings off road.

Products Discussed in

To Top