1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Can I use regular LED running lights as turnsignals for my prerunner bumper?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by elblako91, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Apr 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM
    elblako91

elblako91 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Lubbock/Houston/Katy
    Vehicle:
    1992 Toyo Pickup
    Since I will be losing my turnsignals on my rig when i get rid of my bumper i will need to use some aftermarket led's.
    I have found some on trail gear but they are only a constant on for use such as running lights. If i wire them to the wires that were connected to my OEM turn signals will they flash when i use my turn signals? I don't mind if they flash faster i just want them to flash. LINK TO LED's scroll down a little.

FROM TRAIL-GEAR

these 12V LED lights are 100% water proof, sealed with epoxy, and meet SAE Standard J2042-2003. The lens cover is 2 1/2" x 1" and is manufactured out of polycarbonate plastic, making the lens much more impact resistant than other lenses made out of the more common acrylic plastic. These LEDs only draw 30 milliamps or .03 amps of current, so they will have a very low impact on your battery.

2. Oct 23, 2011 at 7:40 PM
    98cbtacoma

98cbtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    Boerne, Texas
    Vehicle:
    98 PreRunner white
    Cobra cb and 3' cb antennas, headache rack, bed rails, blacked out logos. Goodyear wrangler tires. Second gen Tailgate badge. Hella 500 series black magic lights and 500 series lights on top, led brake and turn lights on my headache rack. Custom Bumpers i built myself.
    i used some trailer running lights from tractor supply for my custom pre runner bumper. they are a much smaller bulb than the stock lights so they blink fast. and its the same fast blinking as if one of the stock lights are out. they work fine and thats the only complaint that i have. they are also sort of small but they work
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Oct 23, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    shit go for it interested to see how it turns out.

4. Oct 23, 2011 at 7:49 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I've seen lights like that on peoples trucks and they should. Work post pics if you do end up putting them on

Products Discussed in

To Top