1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

4 cyl trivia

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by YotaMan08, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Jun 19, 2008 at 1:58 AM
    YotaMan08

YotaMan08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hartselle, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 Reg Cab 4x4 5spd
    Coming Soon
    I just bought an 08 reg cab tacoma 4x4 5 spd.. Wanting to purchase 265/75 AT tires and polished aluminum wheels. About how much will this affect my gas mileage and power from the 245/75 stock steel 16 wheels i have now. And i have read that all I4 tacomas come with the 4.10 gears. Any suggestions on whether or not i should change gears. Hopefully will be adding about a 3" lift soon. I haven't really done any off roading yet but soon hope to be, mostly street driving country roads littile highway use. I have heard alot of good things about the nitto At tires and thought about ordering some but i wanted to know if anybody has run anything other than BFG or nitto, and how the faired in the mud and what type of milage you got out of them.

2. Jun 19, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    Mudbug

Mudbug Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amsoil 0w-20 engine oil and Amsoil Full synthetic 75w-90 in the Transmission, transfer case, front and rear Differentials. AFE Cold Air Intake
    I've got an 07 the same as yours that I have almost 40k on already.
    I've got 265/70/16 Michelin a/t 2's. They made a big improvement in the mud and are still very streetable. I have about 15k on them so far and there is very little visible wear. The gas mileage maybe went down a half a mpg. The handling is not as sharp with them though. They are a bit more squishy. Oh well I can live with that its a truck not a sports car, it's not bad just not as firm as the stock tires.

3. Jun 19, 2008 at 10:05 AM
    LRH

LRH Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA USA
    Vehicle:
    '07 2.7L PreRunner
    In my opinion. the 265/75-16 is the perfect replacement for those who either want a very mild lift, or no lift at all; as it is about 1" taller and also corrects most if not all of the speedo error, fills up the fenderwell better. It is not wide enough for some, but it does not come off looking like a pizza cutter by any means. It is easier to find in load range D&E, although P-metrics are not hard to find should they be desired. As for performance; you will notice just a very little difference on takeoffs with the 4cyl; not enough to need to change gearing. my reg cab 2.7L PreRunner had the P245/75-16's that I replaced with FJCruiser 265/70-17's that are very close in size to the 265/75-16's and I have no problems due to the taller size, and if I had not run up on 5 wheel/tire assemblies at a good price with the Bridgestones that were built in a Japanese plant (per DOT code) I would gladly have the 16's.

4. Jun 19, 2008 at 1:39 PM
    YotaMan08

YotaMan08 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hartselle, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    08 Reg Cab 4x4 5spd
    Coming Soon
    Yeah after i do some more stuff to my truck like a lift and some other mods i would like to put 285/75 tires but im just gonna take it one step at a time right now.

Products Discussed in

To Top