1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New Member & Ordered 2011

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by 4drive, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Jul 24, 2010 at 4:22 PM
    4drive

4drive [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab AT 4X4
    Hi Members:

I have been reading TacomaWorld for a few years and decided to join. It seems there is always something to learn.

I had domestics trucks before having a first generation Tacoma. Now I have a 2006 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2WD, 2.7L 4 cyl., auto. It seemed to take a while for the engine and automatic transmission to break in and as always a while for the chassis to come together. But when it did the ride has been very good and it has had the best gas mileage.

This week I ordered a 2011 Tacoma Regular Cab, 2.7L 4 cyl., 4WD, auto. The dealer got the allocation but am waiting on a build date. They have now included the bucket seats and console with the auto. I’m looking forward to the upgrade in buckets seats from a bench, improved safety and 4WD again. Went with the Magnetic Grey Metallic. The SR5 package is not available this year.

I hope in the future the domestics get back into the compact market with worthy products for more competition. The emphasis of all these full size trucks does not seem to parallel with the price of oil. I like to be able to park and work on my truck in the garage. A Nissan manager said at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show he would like to see the Frontier a little smaller, better gas mileage, more rugged and hopefully less money. I’m all for that.

Buy 2015 I hope to see on the market an access cab, 4WD that is just a little bit wider than the first generation Tacoma with increased power by a 4 cyl., twin turbo or a direct injection 3.0L V6 that will have some aerodynamics to give it twenty-eight or more MPG on the highway. There is a crowd of compact truck people out there waiting for the technology and corporate initiative to bring them to market.

Thanks!

2. Jul 24, 2010 at 7:20 PM
    numbah57

numbah57 GIVE THE MALL A BREAK...WHEEL THAT SHIT

Member:
    First Name:
    kahai
    Maui, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 2.7 Beaten not Babied
    URD ARB G2 PELFREY BAMF LCE AFE
    welcome, I love the look of regular cabs good choice

3. Jul 24, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    You ordered a 2011 truck but failed to include price...if possible can you enlighten us? If not I understand....

4. Jul 24, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    4drive

4drive [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2011 Reg Cab AT 4X4
    They put a 4:10 differential in the automatic the same as the standard with the 4X4. Iguida.com predicted it to get about 16/21 however it is rated to get 18/21. My 2WD is getting 21 to 22 around town and it is rated at 19/25. So it would be nice to get maybe 20 around town and back and forth to work.

Thanks, regular cabs are good choices. In compacts/midsize the only other 4X4 regular cab I know about out there now is the GM Colorado/Canyon twins and the Ford Ranger in 2WD. Neither comes close in IIHS testing to the Tacoma. By the way IIHS did a random sampling before they really started the roof strength testing and the 2nd generation Tacoma Regular Cab scored a 4 one higher than the current access cab ended up getting. Most likely because of the pillars are close.

5. Jul 25, 2010 at 6:37 AM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Thanks...

6. Jun 24, 2012 at 11:36 AM
    ONEOFMANY503

ONEOFMANY503 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DCSB SR5
    5100 front at 2.5'', rear leaf tsb and 1.5'' AAL, tinted tails,Race Line Raptors 16x8, Wild Country XTX with mountain snowflake 285 75 16, tow hitch w/brake harness, locks on storage bedsides, tailgate theft mod, heather blower tsb, custom bed rails, black front valance, mud flap delete, 12v full time power, seatbelt buzzer silenced, custom storage behind rear seat, bottom of cab painted, rear view mirror on/off switch, diff breather relocation,

Products Discussed in

To Top