Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Deck plate mod. Here we go.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #21
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
jeesus H. I have to type a code in for every pic I post. This is harder than the install!!
Old 08-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
??? a code?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #23
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
I'm a 3rd shifter. My 7am is your 5pm
right on.

either way, being drunk early in the morning rules. good for you
Old 08-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #24
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
lol u dont need to type a code. upload the pics to TW and copy and post the image link
Old 08-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #25
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Look people. I hate to dissapoint anyone looking for hp with this so called "deck plate" mod. There is none.
The only proof (dyno proof) is 1 person who refuses or doesnt want to share there stats.
It's basically like washing your truck or putting a new set of tires on and getting that "feeling" that your truck is faster, better.
I have raced a 340 dodge dart for a few years and I can tell 5-7 hp and this mod does absolutely nothing.

Do you think toyota would give you 7hp for $7? think about it.
And I challenge anyone to show me a stock dyno over a modded 3RZFE with a K&N and deck plate mod.

I call Bullshit.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #26
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great job. The gains wont be significant. Even with the so called Trifecta(intake, header, exhaust), you'll find reasonable gains but not Wow.

Just keep pushin, looking good.
Old 08-05-2010, 09:49 AM   #27
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Look people. I hate to dissapoint anyone looking for hp with this so called "deck plate" mod. There is none.
The only proof (dyno proof) is 1 person who refuses or doesnt want to share there stats.
It's basically like washing your truck or putting a new set of tires on and getting that "feeling" that your truck is faster, better.
I have raced a 340 dodge dart for a few years and I can tell 5-7 hp and this mod does absolutely nothing.

And I challenge anyone to show me a stock dyno over a modded 3RZFE with a K&N and deck plate mod.

I call Bullshit.
You realize it takes a bit for the ECU to acclimatize to the new air flow. It has to relearn the system. You could help it by unplugging the NEG BAT cable and resetting it.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 AM   #29
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I call Bullshit.
Well, you did mention that you've been drinking... maybe your butt-dyno isn't properly calibrated
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 AM   #30

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
You realize it takes a bit for the ECU to acclimatize to the new air flow. It has to relearn the system. You could help it by unplugging the NEG BAT cable and resetting it.
Done.

My question is this:
if this is such a popular mod for gaining hp, where are the figures?
show me, dont tell me.

After searching all deck plate mods, I find 1 guy who posted dyno results. and it's like 2 yrs old.
Who has had a bone stock 3RZFE with no other mods accept a deckplate mod an K&N filter? with dyno results?

Anyone?....Anyone?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #31

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Well, you did mention that you've been drinking... maybe your butt-dyno isn't properly calibrated

Putting a "68" dart gt and a "68" Baracuda formula "s" ragtop down the 1/8 in less than 7 secds, I think I know what 7 hp feels like.

I'm not knockin anyone. I just wanna see the sheets.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #32

Marines:
Not the exact set-up as you, but the idea and application are the same.

http://www.gadgetonline.com/AirInduction.htm

...........still looking for the right one
Old 08-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #33
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Putting a "68" dart gt and a "68" Baracuda formula "s" ragtop down the 1/8 in less than 7 secds, I think I know what 7 hp feels like.

I was just messin with you. I don't believe it either, that's why I haven't cut apart my air box. I only started watching this thread because it said you were drinking and 7 AM (nothing wrong with that by the way, it's always noon somewhere) and attempting a mod. I had to see how it turned out! Good luck to ya
Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #34

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I was just messin with you. I don't believe it either, that's why I haven't cut apart my air box. I only started watching this thread because it said you were drinking and 7 AM (nothing wrong with that by the way, it's always noon somewhere) and attempting a mod. I had to see how it turned out! Good luck to ya
No biggie. I've got detailed pics on the mod.I'lll postem along with my powertrax and hi -lift insatall this weekend.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #35

Marines:
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/t...cks-52540.html

Interesting write-up on a modified deckplate.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #36
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Sounds kinda like you have a need for speed and your taco isnt giving it to you? haha its a 4banger... nuff said
Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #37
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Old 08-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #38

^
Old 08-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #39
No better friend,No worse enemy...
InfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant futureInfidelTaco has a brilliant future
Marines: iKill
Name: G
InfidelTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/t...cks-52540.html

Interesting write-up on a modified deckplate.
Interesting indeed. I wonder if this works with the 2nd gen elbow delete mod. . . Devildog. . ..
Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #40

Marines:
Teufel hunden!!!