LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Deck plate mod. Here we go.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #41
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Ok. Finally some some pics.

Unclip the 4 retainers holding the airbox lid on.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:26 AM   #42
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Remove this hose.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:27 AM   #43

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Now remove your air filter. Sorry, This is my K&N and not the stock filter. For reference only.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:28 AM   #44

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to go with a K&N Hi flow element. Stock on the left. K&N on the right.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:32 AM   #45

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I decided to get 2 different size deck plates. A 4in and a 6in.
I thought maybe I would try cutting the bottom of the airbox out as well as the metal below it and putting some kinda of ram-air system in. I nixed that idea and went with the reg mod. I may try the other later on.
The inverter isn't part of the install. I just happened to pick it up while getting my deck plates.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #46

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the 3 12mm bolts. 2 on the bottom and 1 on the top.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:35 AM   #47

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Viola!!
Old 08-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #48

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
The 4 inch deck plate is a perfect fit.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:39 AM   #49

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Now with a marker, draw around the outside of the hole. You may need to trim and the cleaner your cut, the tighter it will fit.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #50

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Drill a pilot hole to start a dremel or jigsaw. I used a jigsaw in this case.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:43 AM   #51

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
The jigsaw cut it like butter and I was pleased with the results.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:46 AM   #52

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
This is the original intake tube that goes into the fender. You can choose to leave this on if you like. I decided to go ahead and drill out the rivet for now. You can always put it back on later.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:47 AM   #53

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Perfect fit.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 AM   #54

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Run you a bead of sensor safe silicone around the edge.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:50 AM   #55

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Clean up around the edges. I used short 1/4 in screws to attach the ring.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #56

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't really time myself on the install because I also installed my hi-lift jack mount as well. I would say maybe 45mins-1 hour for just the deck plate mod. Maybe 3 hrs for both. lol.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #57

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Check your fit on your lid. Remove lid and toss it under your seat.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:57 AM   #58
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 08-06-2010, 07:04 AM   #59

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Re install the 3 12mm bolts. Install your air filter. Close the 4 clips and hook the rubber hose back up to the right side of the airbox.
Very easy mod. Some say to go ahead and remove your neg battery cable for a minute or two so that the ECU can reset itself and re learn the new air intake.

I personally don't feel any difference in hp. It is just a hair louder up in the intake area but hardly anything I am concerned about. I was hoping to atleast be able to powerbreak the rear end loose with all this extra horsepower that I now have. Unfortunately no. It may have done it before I put my powertrax locker in but there's just not enough power to smoke both of em.. Enjoy.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:06 AM   #60
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
your pics and info are too good

you werent drunk enough....

Products Discussed in this Thread