Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2k11 4 cylinder 4x4 Regular Cab Tacoma lifted..What are my options?

Old 08-12-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
jegg is on a distinguished road
jegg's Tacoma Gallery
2k11 4 cylinder 4x4 Regular Cab Tacoma lifted..What are my options?

Hi,
New to the forum! I'm pretty new to the whole Tacoma scene so please excuse the noob questions. I'm looking to purchase a 2k11 4x4 Tacoma and I was wondering what my options are for lifting. I'm not trying to spend too much $$. I was looking at a Bilstein 5100 set up but I am not sure if this would even fit or work for this truck. If the Billy's did work would I need anything else? Or will the Billy's alone be enough? I'm not looking for a huge lift, a subtle lift is what I am going for. I will be using this truck to commute +100 miles a day so a comfortable ride is important. The truck will also be used for fishing and light off roading. I will also be putting aftermarket wheels and tires when I have enough saved. I'm leaning towards the Konig Countersteer's and maybe 265/7s? Not sure what kind yet. Will the billy's give me enough clearance? I just bought a house so most of my money is being diverted to things for the new pad but knowing myself....I can't just leave any of my vehicles stock. I gotta mod it some how...especially an almost base model taco.

Thanks in advance for any replies....

Jegg
Old 08-12-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
If I where you I would get bilstien set up at 1.75'' up front a 1.5'' aal to the rear. Konig countersteers with 265/70/16 duratracs would look sick.

That would be the ideal set up. Also first thing is secondary filter removal, search for it and buy an afe pro dry -s air filter from autoanything.com for $35.00.

As for the lift any higher than that or any tires bigger than that will kill gas mpg. Just a thought. Also chop your exhaust pipe after the rear axle and throw on a kobalt slim line toolbox and your set.

Sound like a good plan?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #3
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
^ What he said, but I would go to a 265/75r16 tire size.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Surfinpig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: 88 MP is the patch but many other units
Name: Eric
Surfinpig's Tacoma Gallery
weres this 2nd airfilter?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:42 PM   #5
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Yeah what Niknaq said. I did the Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" on my 07 Regular Cab PreRunner and it leveled it out perfect IMO. And I got 265/75-16's as well. I really liked the look and I'll be doing the same mods on my next one! Here's a pic of mine so you can get an idea of how it looks with that setup. Oh and I didn't have any lift in the rear.

Old 08-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfinpig View Post
weres this 2nd airfilter?
When you open your air filter box, it's attached to the top half (lid?). It will be obvious when you open it.

Edit: Redrazr, How did your truck ride and handle post lift compared to pre lift? I also plan to go the 1.75 route, but I will also prob get the TSB springs done for the rear.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:25 PM   #7
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
When you open your air filter box, it's attached to the top half (lid?). It will be obvious when you open it.

Edit: Redrazr, How did your truck ride and handle post lift compared to pre lift? I also plan to go the 1.75 route, but I will also prob get the TSB springs done for the rear.
The front felt much smoother after the Bilstein shocks were installed IMO. I was very satisfied with the ride quality!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
I would choose skinnier tires, especially if I had a 100 mile commute.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #9
jegg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
Yeah what Niknaq said. I did the Bilstein 5100's set at 1.75" on my 07 Regular Cab PreRunner and it leveled it out perfect IMO. And I got 265/75-16's as well. I really liked the look and I'll be doing the same mods on my next one! Here's a pic of mine so you can get an idea of how it looks with that setup. Oh and I didn't have any lift in the rear.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

redrazr....this looks really good! Did you have any rubbing issues? Also, what kind of tires are those?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
jegg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niknaq View Post
I would choose skinnier tires, especially if I had a 100 mile commute.
How skinny would you go?
255?

Also, I was thinking of 16x8 konigs. Will this size be ok?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #11
beef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura aboutbeef TACO no rice has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
beef TACO no rice's Tacoma Gallery
welcome man! in the same boat, bro.. want to lift this thing a little more.. but ive got other priorities right now, like a house. all i did was a level and 33.5 x 11.5 nittos.. and KMC XD addicts

pic in the sig.. let me know if you want more pics.. love my little truck
Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 AM   #12
26+6=1

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegg View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone.

redrazr....this looks really good! Did you have any rubbing issues? Also, what kind of tires are those?
Thanks! After I got the new wheels they rubbed a tiny bit up front. Fender wells I'm guessing? A bit of trimming probably would've taken care of that. The tires were Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's. Sam's Club specials lol
Quote:
How skinny would you go?
255?

Also, I was thinking of 16x8 konigs. Will this size be ok?
If you want the same height as the 265's, but skinnier, then a 235/85-16 would be a good choice.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
xwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shedxwillx93 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
xwillx93's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef TACO no rice View Post
welcome man! in the same boat, bro.. want to lift this thing a little more.. but ive got other priorities right now, like a house. all i did was a level and 33.5 x 11.5 nittos.. and KMC XD addicts

pic in the sig.. let me know if you want more pics.. love my little truck

nice rims there buddy
Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #14
mkuenzli is on a distinguished road
Name: Max Kuenzli
mkuenzli's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hi,
New to the forum! I'm pretty new to the whole Tacoma scene so please excuse the noob questions. I'm looking to purchase a 2k11 4x4 Tacoma and I was wondering what my options are for lifting. I'm not trying to spend too much $$. I was looking at a Bilstein 5100 set up but I am not sure if this would even fit or work for this truck. If the Billy's did work would I need anything else? Or will the Billy's alone be enough? I'm not looking for a huge lift, a subtle lift is what I am going for. I will be using this truck to commute +100 miles a day so a comfortable ride is important. The truck will also be used for fishing and light off roading. I will also be putting aftermarket wheels and tires when I have enough saved. I'm leaning towards the Konig Countersteer's and maybe 265/7s? Not sure what kind yet. Will the billy's give me enough clearance? I just bought a house so most of my money is being diverted to things for the new pad but knowing myself....I can't just leave any of my vehicles stock. I gotta mod it some how...especially an almost base model taco.

Thanks in advance for any replies....

Jegg
you dont even need to put the ad a leaf in the back to run those size tires, i have a 2011 taco reg. cab and i just put the billy's at 1.75" to level it out and and am running 265/10/r16 fine i could run 285, but i am putting a 3 inch on now for more height. mine was $1300 for tires and shocks.