Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Bench Seat

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
I would love to see a pic. Please!

You need to save the image on your computer, then upload it to a file sharing website like imageshack.com or photobucket.com, and then that website will give you an image code that you copy and paste on here. It's basically just [ IMG] www... [ /IMG ] withought any spaces in it.
Thanks.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Damn...It looks like it extends too far over the seat which would make shifting difficult.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #23
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I was sittin in my reg cab bench seat and I found that if the console was more than about 4-5" high, it would be rubbing my arm while shifting all the time. I do have a shift knob that's a bit lower than stock but I would probablly fab up my own.

Or buy Corbeau buckets and get the factory console at a junk yard
Old 09-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #24
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was doing some measurements and it seemed like 7-7.5" was as high as I could go while keeping it out of my way while shifting. I made a mock up with cardboard and I think I found the right dimensions to start my console.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #25
old dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the rough
Navy: radioman
Name: mark
old dad's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't comfortable with my bench seat, tried the stack of washers, used 5 washers, maybe 1/2" to 3/4" lift at the front, leans the seat back to make it much more comfortable. I am not worried about the gap where the seat bolts to the floor, it is not a problem. Fix cost was $1.96, seat is solid as it was before.

mark
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #26
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Instead of buying factory buckets from a junkyard, you could always order a couple seats from Corbeau and their vehicle specific brackets which should bolt right to your floorboards, even if yours came with the bench seat.

My Nissan had a bench but it also already had the mounting points in the floorboards for installing buckets. I havent checked my Tacoma yet but I'd be willing to bet they are under the carpet somewhere.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #27
ONYZ is on a distinguished road

Name: Pica
ONYZ's Tacoma Gallery
I change my bucket seat for 2 talon seat and in the middle of them i put 12" sub woofer and a gps and the equalizer for the sound system
Old 10-28-2010, 10:21 PM   #28
Science!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Instead of buying factory buckets from a junkyard, you could always order a couple seats from Corbeau and their vehicle specific brackets which should bolt right to your floorboards, even if yours came with the bench seat.

My Nissan had a bench but it also already had the mounting points in the floorboards for installing buckets. I havent checked my Tacoma yet but I'd be willing to bet they are under the carpet somewhere.
Very interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONYZ View Post
I change my bucket seat for 2 talon seat and in the middle of them i put 12" sub woofer and a gps and the equalizer for the sound system
Pics!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:43 AM   #29
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Those consoles actually don't look bad at all. I'm really gonna have to look into getting one
Old 10-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #30
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Agreed much on the Bench seat but on this topic I can have some patience.

Got a few wreck yards I'm keeping in touch with and they'll do what they can to find what I need when I'm ready.

Hey Quaker if you ever find what your looking for, I would love to take that bench seat off your hands!

I don't mind the bench seat at all! But I would like to get a newer bench seat!
Old 10-29-2010, 05:46 AM   #31
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Hey Quaker if you ever find what your looking for, I would love to take that bench seat off your hands!

I don't mind the bench seat at all! But I would like to get a newer bench seat!
I dunno...I keep telling my wife I'm gonna get new seats one day and put the bench seat in the bed and call it "The Wifes Seat"

I thought it was funny.

She didn't.

I probably wouldn't be able to do anything for a good while on this topic but when and if I do, my bench seat is all yours.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #32
ONYZ is on a distinguished road

Name: Pica
ONYZ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFalk View Post
Very interesting...

Pics!
Here !!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bench Seat-dsc01707.jpg   Bench Seat-dsc01709.jpg   Bench Seat-dsc01706.jpg   Bench Seat-dsc01708.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #33
wormulusrn is on a distinguished road
wormulusrn's Tacoma Gallery
Ditch the Bench

I took the bench seat out of my 05 tacoma and havent looked back yet! I have some seats from a 4runner that make road trips much more pleasent. I put a gun vault safe in place as a console.
Attached Thumbnails
Bench Seat-pict1479.jpg   Bench Seat-pict1481.jpg   Bench Seat-pict1482.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 09:26 PM   #34
Yota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shedYota Newb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Yota Newb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormulusrn View Post
I took the bench seat out of my 05 tacoma and havent looked back yet! I have some seats from a 4runner that make road trips much more pleasent. I put a gun vault safe in place as a console.
I like it! Did the 4runner seats match up easy enough? I woul really like to do this!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #35

On the topic of Armrests....

I took my middle headrest off and have layed it next to my leg while driving. I lay it so that the metal rods both point at the passenger door and it makes a nice little rest. There are some picks in my build thread of it.

Makes a pretty damn good armrest for $0.

I can roll with the bench if I get a couple things. I do plan on getting the Wolf console around Xmas. I'm also going to have to find a bench seat cover that I like. With those 2 things I think I can put any kind of big converson away.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:51 PM   #36
wormulusrn is on a distinguished road
wormulusrn's Tacoma Gallery
bucket seats

yota newb,

the only problem that I have had is that the seat belt sensor connectors dont hook up with the old ones, and the seat belt air bag light stays on.

Quaker,

check these seat covers out, I had them on my 95' pickup and they worked great.

http://www.camotruckseats.com/
Old 02-09-2011, 11:55 AM   #39
old dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the roughold dad is a jewel in the rough
Navy: radioman
Name: mark
old dad's Tacoma Gallery
well, describe how you built your box for this fool

mark
Old 02-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #40
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
my home made center console :)

Bench Seat-console-side.jpg

Bench Seat-console-open.jpg

Products Discussed in this Thread