Notices

Bench Seat

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #41
mlesnik is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
mlesnik's Tacoma Gallery
Daggertats:

That is pretty nice job you did there. It looks like it goes right along with the curve of the seat nicely. How long did it take you to make? What materials did you use?

I have been contemplating buying a console myself, and like yours, I have the short space because of the 5-speed shifter. I looked at console today, but not sure how it would work when shifting into 4th or reverse.

If you were able to make another one of those consoles, how much would it cost you? In looking at it, I would be interested in getting one if you could make it, maybe slightly different that this one.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:26 AM   #42
daggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nicedaggertats is just really nice
daggertats's Tacoma Gallery
the material was $6 somethin a yard which was more than enough material.the plywood was between $10 to $15 if i remember correctly. lowes or home depot sells small pieces. i think it was either a 2ft or 3 ft square piece. its approx half an inch thick. time wise it took about 2 hrs to make. i had a box there originally then i made one with sosme old wood i had left layin around but it was too high and arm would hit it when shiftin. plus it wasnt curved to the seat and looked like hell. i can measure it and let you have the dementions if you want.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #43
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Do the Corbeau seats have correct hook-ups for air-bag sensors and side air bag for the 09-11 trucks?

Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Instead of buying factory buckets from a junkyard, you could always order a couple seats from Corbeau and their vehicle specific brackets which should bolt right to your floorboards, even if yours came with the bench seat.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 PM   #44
Hot Steppa
pinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpinktaco808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

pinktaco808's Tacoma Gallery
idk do they??
Old 04-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #45
JeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jeff
JeffsJeep04's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I'm weird, but I actually traded my factory buckets in my 96 for a bench. Liked the bench better...but I'm old school like that I guess. The 02 has buckets as well...but it's strictly a commuter truck, so I rarely need to haul people. I think the newer buckets are comfier, or my rear has changed in the years since I had the 96, so I'll keep 'em. You might be able to find someone who wanted to swap.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #46
N.J.B.TACO is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Narc. Det.
N.J.B.TACO's Tacoma Gallery
By no means am I a fabricator, but i have built some pretty kool stuff in my day. But, I to have grown tired of my bench seat and its uncomfortableness. I haven't tryed this yet nor have I even measured for it,but if you want to have the availability of 3 seats, but the comfort of reclining, and also the luxory of an arm rest why don't we give this a try. In theory Buy whatever bucket seats you prefer (probly Tacoma, or 4runner) then retrieve yourself a fold down rear seat from an older model extended cab Tacoma and bolt it between the bucket seats. Then allow the back of the fold down seat to to fold down creating a flat surface to place an after market arm rest like some of the ones that have been purchased on some of the previuos posts. Likee i said its just an idea right now, but I plan to put this idea in motion in the near future..
Old 05-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #47
JeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to beholdJeffsJeep04 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jeff
JeffsJeep04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by N.J.B.TACO View Post
By no means am I a fabricator, but i have built some pretty kool stuff in my day. But, I to have grown tired of my bench seat and its uncomfortableness. I haven't tryed this yet nor have I even measured for it,but if you want to have the availability of 3 seats, but the comfort of reclining, and also the luxory of an arm rest why don't we give this a try. In theory Buy whatever bucket seats you prefer (probly Tacoma, or 4runner) then retrieve yourself a fold down rear seat from an older model extended cab Tacoma and bolt it between the bucket seats. Then allow the back of the fold down seat to to fold down creating a flat surface to place an after market arm rest like some of the ones that have been purchased on some of the previuos posts. Likee i said its just an idea right now, but I plan to put this idea in motion in the near future..
Would be much simpler to get a 60/40 bench from an extended cab.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #48
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
I put Saab seats in my old ford ranger, it was crazy looking, but really comfy!!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:48 AM   #50
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Every time I head out to a junk yard or follow an ad with seats for sale, they ae always trashed. I would love to have either a 60/40 split or a pair of buckets for mine...someday maybe!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM   #51
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy221 View Post
Every time I head out to a junk yard or follow an ad with seats for sale, they ae always trashed. I would love to have either a 60/40 split or a pair of buckets for mine...someday maybe!
www.car-parts.com I was looking this morning and found Tacoma buckets for roughly $125/seat...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:35 AM   #52
Racerboy221 will become famous soon enoughRacerboy221 will become famous soon enough

Army: Counter Intelligence at NSA
Name: Bill
Racerboy221's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Racerboy221
Great find, thanks!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #53
jpaw30 is on a distinguished road
jpaw30's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if my 06 reg cab has the airbag sensors in the bench seat??

that link to carparts shows all the seats as "w/o airbag" except the double cab seats.

Is there a 60/40 bench? I would like to convert to that if it was available and a straight swap without a bunch of sensor swaps
Old 09-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #54
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
I believe there's a link to S/M on this site, Wiring diagrams should be able to answer your question.
Good Luck,
Motoretro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaw30 View Post
Anyone know if my 06 reg cab has the airbag sensors in the bench seat??

that link to carparts shows all the seats as "w/o airbag" except the double cab seats.

Is there a 60/40 bench? I would like to convert to that if it was available and a straight swap without a bunch of sensor swaps
Old 09-07-2011, 12:05 PM   #55
RocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocktheRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

RocktheRed's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2007 Regular Cab 4x4 Tacoma with a bench seat...I'm 5'3" and I have to sit as close as possible to reach the clutch...I can't have any passengers yet because of this issue so I'm going to change out the seats to be bucket seats...

So can I take seats from an 2005-2008 tacoma and put it in replace of my bench seat or is that not possible?!!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #56
jacobblocker is on a distinguished road

Name: Jacob
jacobblocker's Tacoma Gallery
sub
Old 05-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #57
Cypress is on a distinguished road
Cypress's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for a bench seat

I am looking for a like new bench seat or renovating my sacked out one and covering with a tight fitting water resistant cover.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #58
Greener is on a distinguished road
Greener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datnoid View Post
I have a 2011 reg cab with bucket seats.... have you checked to see if these are available to replace your bench seats?
I just bought a 2011 reg cab with the bench and REALLY want to replace the bench with a 60-40 or buckets. I'm new to the site and and I'm sure that this topic has been covered so if there are link to other threads I would appreciate getting them.

If I do this I would like all of the safety system to continue to function.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #59
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
i use this. For many thousands of miles.

fits like a glove, works like a charm, tons of storage, very heavy duty, discrete for the most part an you can really lean on it. Toss it in back if necessary....and cheap and available EVERYWHERE, here walm, targ.

the 9er seems best but any slight variation is good.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-9-Quar.../dp/B000G64I4C
Old 09-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #60
Greener is on a distinguished road
Greener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggertats View Post
i got a bench in mine too. someone on here liked his but didnt like the straight up feeling so someone else suggested he stack some washers under the front legs of the seat to let it lean back farther. he tried it and was happy with half an inch of washers. i tried it too and it did lean ya back alot better but it left a space under the leg which i wasnt fond of so ill think of something to eliminate that and do it again

Thanks I saw this two and added a 1/4 inch, 3 washers. You can barely tell that the leg is raised. This Helped but I would like a little more. I saw another post that someone took a grinder and deepened the Channel that the back uses to stop the recline. By lengthening the channel it will allow the to recline. The trick will be to do it small amounts at a time. going to far at once will be disastrous. I need to remove the plastic shroud to look at the parts this weekend.

Products Discussed in this Thread