1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performace stuff??? Where???

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by 2TRunner, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Sep 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Other than a supercharger, and the usual CAI/Exhasut, I can barely find any kind of performace parts/accessories for the 2nd Gen 2.7. I'm just not big into that CAI/Ex stuff.

I really like the lightweight pulleys NST/URD offer, but nothing for the 2.7. I saw some nice silicone radiator hoses, but nothing for the 2.7.

URD has a alt pulley for a 4 cyl 01-04, no 05+ :(

Anyone know where/who might have some performace items for that engine?

2. Sep 22, 2010 at 8:38 AM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    Pulleys are waste of money, the gains are like 0.5whp...lol

3. Oct 4, 2010 at 7:33 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    This engine does not really have to much demand or point for all this extra stuff your talking about. Its a 2.7L 4 cylinder, honestly with little improvements like you stated whats the most your gonna get besides and empty bank account and being unhappy.

I have spent a lot of time thinking, researching and asking Chris and running things by him and really there is nothing. For us the best thing to do is drop in air filter, remove secondary charcoal filter and free up the exhaust a little. With the exhaust I have been extremely happy with my Doug Thorley header until I added a cat-back. Lost a lot of back pressure and really want to remove the catback. The header though huge improvement and best money spent on engine performance. LCE make a good header also supposedly.

If you are really feeling ambitious then maybe learn how to make some of this stuff yourself, test it and maybe sell these items if they really do work! Take initiative if your unhappy with whats available and do work! :D

4. Oct 5, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    ^I'm seriously considering getting new headers.

5. Oct 5, 2010 at 9:21 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    I dont know about other header owners but the low end increased significantly which is why I thought pairing it with a cat-back exhaust would be great....definitely not. Freed up to much exhaust flow and I am not happy with it, personal opinion though :(

6. Oct 5, 2010 at 9:22 AM
    NakedTacoma

NakedTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    West Covina
    Mid travel front Long travel rear
    u want preformance get ANOTHER CAR

7. Oct 5, 2010 at 9:26 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    Well I mean thats the short to the point answer and solution lol like get the V6 Tacoma

8. Oct 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    I would just get the header and an aftermarket muffler, leaving the rest of the exhaust alone.

Products Discussed in

To Top