Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Fat tires on a 4 banger without regearing works!

Old 10-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Fat tires on a 4 banger without regearing works! (PICS added finally)

Yesterday I had Kumho Road Venture MT's 305/70/16 (33") installed. They replaced the same Kumho's that were on there that were 265/75/16's (32").

I'm glad to say I could not notice any differance in how the truck accelerates compaired to the 32's that were on there.

3" lift, no body mount or plastic rub (after plastic trimimg) with no regear needed.
Old 10-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #2
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Old 10-08-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
pics and lets see what happens to you gas mileage lol
Old 10-08-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Shemicals's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, u got the readylift? im about to put mine on? i want to put 33's but am concerned about the gas mileage/acc so i just went with 235s
Old 10-08-2010, 10:42 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemicals View Post
yeah, u got the readylift? im about to put mine on? i want to put 33's but am concerned about the gas mileage/acc so i just went with 235s
I think he is a step ahead of you thought. doesnt his truck since its 4x4 have different rear end gearing than yours?
Old 10-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #6
Banned
Shemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shedShemicals is one of the sharper tools in the shed
oooo my bad didnt realise it was a prerunner
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #7
Almost there

Its not a prerunner its a 4x4
Old 10-08-2010, 02:14 PM   #9
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Since OP's not ponying up any pics:

285/70R17.

Feels just a touch more sluggish, but no complaints.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:52 PM   #10
Phightin Phils 2008 Champs
Niknaq will become famous soon enoughNiknaq will become famous soon enough

Air Force: 1A3
Name: Nick
Niknaq's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck ^^
Old 10-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
How are the Road Venture MTs? I've been after a good personal review of them but they're hard to find.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #12
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

285/70R17.

Looks bad ass!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 PM   #13
Banned
lol @ TIO
Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 PM   #14
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

285/70R17.

Holy crap bjmoose. That's sick! I love regular cabs and this is one of the best 4WD's I've seen yet. Great job bro. I want to trade my JK for one just like this now I think the OWL looks great BTW.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I think he is a step ahead of you thought. doesnt his truck since its 4x4 have different rear end gearing than yours?
All second gen 2.7 Tacomas have 4.10 gears. (Prerunner & 4x4)
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #16
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Truck!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:13 PM   #19
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's it. Thx for the compliments.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #20
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
I will put up pics next Sunday. I'm holding off on taking pics till I install my ICON's and maybe a tonneau cover.

I did a 200 mile round trip today and didn't see a change in mileage, though I'm sure it's probablly a hair less. You have to remember I already had 32's on it. It seemed to have the same acceleration as with the 32's.

And who the hell called my truck a Prerunner? LOL