Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE Electric Fan Kit - 2TR/1GR (05-09 Tacoma)

Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
LCE Electric Fan Kit - 2TR/1GR (05-09 Tacoma)

I went over the DIY from either the member here or on TN and decided this winter to tackle an electric fan switch! Was looking over his install and seemed very tedious and just stumbled across this!

http://www.toyotacatalog.net/M1WebGe...A-AE550FFCEF30

This seems like it will make the switch so much easier!

Is the fan big enough? Is the airflow good?

If anyone has any insight or a good place to further look for components to fullfill this task I am all ears!
Old 10-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks like a good kit. They include everything you need. I have heard electric fans are no good for wheeling though since they can get clogged up by mud but then again so can a mechanically driven one.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
How much of a performance gain do you guys think you can get from this?
Old 10-13-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
Cappy Cap will become famous soon enough
Cappy Cap's Tacoma Gallery
i asked them about this says the gains are around an intake or exhaust ~ 5 hp
which isnt bad for the 4 bangers, we can take anything we can get
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
oliver i am interested in this and would like to help w install
Old 10-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
It's nice if you have $375 lying around haha...maybe I'll do it one day.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^thanks for the link!

For you local guys ill keep you updated with the install...the more there the better!

I personally would be happy with some power from this but really want to do this more for hopefully letting the engine relax a little more and if power follows that's a plus! My 4 banger works pretty damn hard and I feel he would like this!

Any more links and posts for me to look into are always appreciated!
Old 10-13-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
how about you go to a local junkyard and pull out a thunderbird fan like i did and i'll just sell u the bracket i made then you go to autozone and buy a fan controller and radio shack to round out the goodie bag and you do this switch for under 200 and you can even add a switch to kill it if ur ever in mud or water and a little indicator light so you can know when it kicks in
Old 10-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #10
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
how about you go to a local junkyard and pull out a thunderbird fan like i did and i'll just sell u the bracket i made then you go to autozone and buy a fan controller and radio shack to round out the goodie bag and you do this switch for under 200 and you can even add a switch to kill it if ur ever in mud or water and a little indicator light so you can know when it kicks in
Thats why i posted! Can you post some pics when you get a chance of your setup inside the bay and then post up some more info on your bracket and what your using and a controller and whatnot!
Old 10-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #11
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
The question I have for this is does the Tbird fan move enough air? A popular mechanical to electric fan swap on Rangers uses the Taurus fan.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

it's a bracket i made out of some 1/8" flat bar and painted red. I't bolts onto the stock points for the shroud and the fan slides down into and then mounts to the bracket. you can use this for a controller from jegs http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/31147/10002/-1 and use two 30 amp relays from radioshack. . . now for the downsides, you need at least a basic amount of electrical knowledge just enough to make the connections with crimp connectors and this is a big stinkin fan it's for the 4.6 v8 so you could go with a smaller fan and only need one relay and we could work something out for the bracket. you send me the cash to go pull out the fan at a junkyard and i build you a bracket(don't worry no nigerian princesses in need of financial assistance)
Old 10-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #13

i recently sat a a border crossing from mexicali to calexico for about an hour with my windows up and my a/c on with no problems . . . it was 105* outside so yeah it moves enough air lol
Old 10-13-2010, 02:24 PM   #14

better idea i'll do a swap on a friends truck and make two brackets and send you one bcuz i'm not sure if the L4 and V6 radiators are the same
Old 01-23-2011, 05:37 AM   #15
michaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant futuremichaelg589 has a brilliant future

michaelg589's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd
Old 01-23-2011, 07:43 AM   #16
Almost there

Well I ended up getting a p/t job to help fund some mods and life....which did not include the electric fan. I will do the electric fan mod but probably wont be till the summer