LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

After fuel up hestitation

Old 11-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
jmg5wakeboarding is on a distinguished road
jmg5wakeboarding's Tacoma Gallery
After fuel up hestitation

I have a 2001 2.7 tacoma and recently after i fill my truck up with gas and start it up it will die or I have to pump the gas pedal. Only happens when i fill it all the way up really. Does this mean my fuel pump is goin out? And at stoplights when im idling it will start hesitating like its going to die. Please help
Old 11-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
PR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nicePR45 is just really nice
PR45's Tacoma Gallery
Are you filling it WAY up, after the auto shut off clicks a few times?

If so, you may be flooding the evap system, which may pay you the dividend of having to replace the charcoal cannister or some other nuisance repair.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
Name: John
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe not the case here, but same thing happened to my 94 Accord so it may be worth while to look into. I'd get it filled and sometimes it wouldn't start. Sometimes it'd start and as soon as I started driving the engine would die and I couldn't restart it for a while. Idle at red lights was rough too...felt like it was going to stall. Turns out it was the main relay...replaced that and the problem totally disappeared.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you just got a tank of bad gas? Or has this happened on a few tanks?
Old 11-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #5
Kredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shedKredence is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kredence's Tacoma Gallery
I had the exact same problem on an '02 2.4L. If I filled it to the brim, it would die every now and then right after being started. Never did figure out the problem and additional problems never developed in the truck.

I figured it was most likely a fuel pump issue but who knows.

Keeping an eye on this post.