Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

05+ 4cyl exhaust

Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #21
slo2sixty is on a distinguished road

slo2sixty's Tacoma Gallery
will do .... That might have gotten my mind off borla. if its around 100$$... thanks
Old 12-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #22
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to redrazr
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo2sixty View Post
How much is the muffer alone??? and and how to order it?
i emailed them and they told me they would not sell just the muffler. i guess you have to call to get the deal.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:12 AM   #23
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yup, i orderd a new jardine just this morning. the old exhaust i had -not a jardine, it was a universal kit from autoanything-just wasnt giving me the performance i wanted. so hopefuly, this new exhaust will sound better and hopefully ill see some small but deffinite gains in hp.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:11 PM   #24
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Here's mine..
http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/r...haust_0001.flv
Old 12-26-2008, 06:55 PM   #25
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

that sounds great. what kind of exhaust is that??
Old 12-26-2008, 07:14 PM   #26
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastlytaco View Post
that sounds great. what kind of exhaust is that??
if your refering to mine beastly, its a flowmaster! i know a lot of guys don't like the 4 banger/flowmaster combo, but I did it n e way, and I like it. Its not the complete exhaust system, just replace the stock muffler.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #27

hey, it sounds great. Yes some 4 bangers do tend to sound more like a ricer. but yours sounded good. i hate to admit it but my 08 does sound alot like a ricer with my exhaust. its a complete kit bolting on past the cats.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #28

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
hey, it sounds great. Yes some 4 bangers do tend to sound more like a ricer. but yours sounded good. i hate to admit it but my 08 does sound alot like a ricer with my exhaust. its a complete kit bolting on past the cats.
post a clip if you got it, regardless though as long as you like it doesn't really matter. ive been told mine sounds a bit like a ricer but i dont care, i like it you know.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:25 PM   #29
26+6=1
redrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shedredrazr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
sorry guy this is an off topic question...

are the mufflers on our trucks offset/offset? and what size is the exhaust pipe? thanks and sorry
Old 12-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #30

well, the exhaust on our trucks should be a 2.5 inch diameter. as for offset, what do mean?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #31

either center in/offset out, offset in/center out, center in/center out. thats what will work.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry1984 View Post
post a clip if you got it, regardless though as long as you like it doesn't really matter. ive been told mine sounds a bit like a ricer but i dont care, i like it you know.
yeah me and who dat popcorn have the same truck and exhaust. ill try to show ya a clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgSj5rgEuGk
Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #33

Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah me and who dat popcorn have the same truck and exhaust. ill try to show ya a clip.
oh well in that case.. yea I have heard who dat popcorn's jardine. I actually liked it. When I heard it, its what made me wanna get an exhaust for mine, i wasnt otherwise.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:34 PM   #34
26+6=1

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well, the exhaust on our trucks should be a 2.5 inch diameter. as for offset, what do mean?
i was talking to a guy at Borla and he said they dont make a muffler for our trucks and if i knew the pipe diameter and if it was center/center, center/offset or offset/offset. thanks for the info
Old 12-26-2008, 07:35 PM   #35

cool. if i ever purchase the doug thorley headers, that will also increase the HP and Torque, as well as the sound. you should look into getting the headers for your truck as well
Old 12-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr View Post
i was talking to a guy at Borla and he said they dont make a muffler for our trucks and if i knew the pipe diameter and if it was center/center, center/offset or offset/offset. thanks for the info
well, they do infact make them, but Borla probly does not. but you can buy universal Mufflers and have the same offset and diameter
Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 PM   #37
26+6=1

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
oops...that's what i meant to say. i just forogt to write it. but that's what he said i would have to do. has anyone had any experience with borla on their 4 banger? my brother had one on his 01 4 cyl and we were talking about it today. that's waht got me thinking about it. it sounded pretty sweet too. thanks for the help bro
Old 12-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #38

no problem. i enjoy answering these kinds of questions
Old 12-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #39
2009TOY_TACO is on a distinguished road
2009TOY_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
does any one know of a bolt on cat-back kit for a 2wd prerunner 2009 regular cab?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #40
26+6=1

redrazr's Tacoma Gallery
Check URD, they have a lot of kits.