Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

MPG and Lift Kits

Old 08-06-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
thehtizzle@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
thehtizzle@gmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
MPG and Lift Kits

i have tried to follow threads previously specifically dealing with 5 lug lift kits and don't know if the information was coming from 4cyl owners or not. So now that we have this forum for 4 bangers only; have any of yall put lifts on your 4 cyl 5 lugger? If so, what kind, how high, was it easy, what size tires, what was change in mpg, etc. I am thinking about putting a 3" lift (2.75 in reality) Pro Comp lift and some 18" rims, not sure of the tire size yet. want to try and keep as skinny as possible to save mpg. Leaning towards 235/65/18 or 245/55/18.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:45 PM   #2
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
yeah i think i may have found one for ya. http://truck.hownd.com/product-4227-...ug-trucks.html

your ideas sound pretty good. i personally have not put a lift on because i dont do any off roading. i mainly mod right now for performance, not looks
Old 08-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Bigger more aggressive tires means more weight and less MPG.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:51 PM   #4
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yup. plus if you have alot of snow, the off road tires wont really help out a whole lot
Old 08-07-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
thehtizzle@gmail.com is on a distinguished road
thehtizzle@gmail.com's Tacoma Gallery
I dont even plan to get off road tires. I was previously driving a 4x4 T-100 for 10 years. I just want to truck to sit higher. . .I miss the ride hieght. I am going to get the truck to sit higher with street tires on. I don't plan on taking this one off road. It is just for looks.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:17 AM   #6

smart move. i can understand now what your getting it for. yeah it does help in overall view of traffic
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
rooster_20 is on a distinguished road

rooster_20's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 3'' lift, 16'' chrome rims, P265 75R trail tires and I am still getting 23 mpg and I live in the sticks with hills and mountains to commute every day...
Old 08-08-2008, 12:44 PM   #8
Tuned By Gadget
tacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoskim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoskim's Tacoma Gallery
on my 98 4 banger i had a 3.5 inch fabtech suspension lift with 33 inch bfg all terrains and my mpg was horrible!! sometimes on the freeway goin up hill i couldnt get passed 55mph
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #9
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
I have 6" lift and 35's on a 2.7L 4cyl 4x4 truck and regularly get 25mpg with it on highway and thats with 3.58 gears...also I can tach in out to about 75-80 without really trying your 98 must have been an auto or a 2.4L
Old 11-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Ventura_Taco is on a distinguished road

Air Force: KC-135Q Crew Chief, Okinawa, Japan '86-'90
Ventura_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Billy, can you please post a few side view shots of your truck? I want to see how the lift looks on a single cab.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #11
A bit noobish
jedirye is an unknown quantity at this point
jedirye's Tacoma Gallery
This thread owns. Exactly what I wanted to know!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
9th level dungeon master
darkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to alldarkturtleninja is a name known to all

darkturtleninja's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehtizzle@gmail.com View Post
i have tried to follow threads previously specifically dealing with 5 lug lift kits and don't know if the information was coming from 4cyl owners or not. So now that we have this forum for 4 bangers only; have any of yall put lifts on your 4 cyl 5 lugger? If so, what kind, how high, was it easy, what size tires, what was change in mpg, etc. I am thinking about putting a 3" lift (2.75 in reality) Pro Comp lift and some 18" rims, not sure of the tire size yet. want to try and keep as skinny as possible to save mpg. Leaning towards 235/65/18 or 245/55/18.
i have a 95 taco 4x4 3rz with 18"rims and procomp xterrain Lt325/60r18's and i am deffinately looking into a bit smaller rims and tires. it pushes them but you can tell that the truck is just not made for tires that big. its very doggish in low rpms. and my mpgs suck... im lucky to get 20..... not to mention a top speed of 75 going down hill. and anytime i go uphill i have to downshift to 4th gear to maintan highwayspeed. it just comes down to the 4cyls not being powerfull enough.

and mine is 6lug so if you have the 2.4 i wouldnt suggest tires of that calibur.