1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

air injection switching switching valve on 2TR

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by afd23a, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Jan 24, 2011 at 10:34 AM
    afd23a

afd23a [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Been getting code P2441 every now and then when I start up. I'll clear the code with my scanguage to turn off the CEL. Doesn't happen every start up, maybe 4 times in the last 6 weeks.

Manual says the code means the air injection switching valve is stuck closed. I'll probably pull it off this weekend and see if I can determine what's going on. I read somewhere they can get carbon buildup in them. Has anyone ever cleaned one of these or had this problem? I guess carb cleaner would do the trick but not sure. I checked for loose hoses, but all seems intact.

2. Dec 17, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck
    Bump.

Just got this code when changing my spark plugs, but wondering if anyone found a solution? I'm going to go through everything again..

3. Dec 17, 2012 at 2:23 PM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    316 views and one reply... sorry, wish I had something helpful for you. Someone will eventually chime in with their air pump system guidance.

4. Dec 17, 2012 at 5:19 PM
    afd23a

afd23a [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Sorry man I didn't find any other info on the subject. I ended up replacing the valve and that seemed to fix the problem for a year or so. Found that the old one had a small crack in it from where it hits my DT headers. This fall I've gotten the same CEL code again. For some reason it only seems to happen in the colder weather.

In your case I'd double check all my electrical connections (especially the sensor on the back of the intake) since you probably unplugged a few while changing your spark plugs.

Products Discussed in

To Top