Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

air injection switching switching valve on 2TR

Old 01-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #1
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
air injection switching switching valve on 2TR

Been getting code P2441 every now and then when I start up. I'll clear the code with my scanguage to turn off the CEL. Doesn't happen every start up, maybe 4 times in the last 6 weeks.

Manual says the code means the air injection switching valve is stuck closed. I'll probably pull it off this weekend and see if I can determine what's going on. I read somewhere they can get carbon buildup in them. Has anyone ever cleaned one of these or had this problem? I guess carb cleaner would do the trick but not sure. I checked for loose hoses, but all seems intact.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:13 AM   #2
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.

Just got this code when changing my spark plugs, but wondering if anyone found a solution? I'm going to go through everything again..
Old 12-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
316 views and one reply... sorry, wish I had something helpful for you. Someone will eventually chime in with their air pump system guidance.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry man I didn't find any other info on the subject. I ended up replacing the valve and that seemed to fix the problem for a year or so. Found that the old one had a small crack in it from where it hits my DT headers. This fall I've gotten the same CEL code again. For some reason it only seems to happen in the colder weather.

In your case I'd double check all my electrical connections (especially the sensor on the back of the intake) since you probably unplugged a few while changing your spark plugs.