1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

removing the Resonator (how do you get the fender clips out)

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by JEA86, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Feb 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    ok guys i am going to take the resonator out sometime later today, I got my AFE pro Dry S (Amazon.com for 38.99 SHIPPED!) and i have been running without the secondary air filter for a while now.

Now i want to get the "MAX perormance" (LOL!!!) out of the stock air intake system.

How the heck do you get the fender liner clips out without breaking them...... i tried last night with a clip remover and honestly i can not believe how tight they are in there.... any help would be much appreciated

2. Feb 10, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    chriss

chriss Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    You break the first one. Then you see how it fastens and remove the rest.

Mine were a square post with a side/corner that flaired. Then reaching inside and locating the inner part of the clip. After groping around for a minute I was able to locate the flared edge and press it in with a flat screwdriver. That and prying on the outer edge got the others out without too much damage. Meaning, they were still reusable.

3. Feb 11, 2011 at 8:01 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    got them all out without breaking them i found the easiest way to do this mod was to remove the stock airbox, and remove the windshield wiper fluid bottle then get push through every clip that is accessable and then you just pull the fender liner down you will see the 2 10mm bolts grab those out and muscle the Resonator out (the thing is huge)

Products Discussed in

To Top