Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Re-geared, What a difference!

Old 03-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #61
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I'd also like to report that I confirmed this morning that my ODO and speedo are both tied to the sensor in the transmission. Unplugged it and drove about 2 miles with no change in speedometer, odometer, or the trip A or B counters.

There are also ABS sensors at each wheel but based on my findings above I do not think they affect the speedo or odo.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #62
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
So would this be a good way to calculate mpg?

Take old gears divided by new gears: 4.10/4.56 = .899

Tire calculator tells me im 8.5% larger so that equals 1.085.

take the .899 add .085 and you get .984

.984 should be what I multiply my miles by then divide the gallons correct?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #63
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Not to add to the confusion,...
but I think you would multiply the 1.085 by .899 to get .975415 not add the ratios. Just a thought.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #64
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Gears: 150-225
Install kit: 200
Labor: 300-350
OTD ~ $650
Is this for front and rear? I'm gonna be lifting my 4 banger soon and am trying to hone in on what my total cost is going to be for lift, tires, rims, and regear...

Sorry for reviving such an old thread...
Old 04-03-2012, 09:32 PM   #65
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

that price is for the front only

it would probably be about 1200 front and rear with parts
Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM   #66
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's low unless you're getting a really good price on labor, or pulling the third members yourself and having it done as a bench job.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:47 AM   #67
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
4.56 gears FTW. I did it on my truck and wow what a difference. My speedo is off 7mph at highway speeds and my odo is off 5.7 miles per every 100 miles. I'm running 265-75-16's. Cost was right around $1700 said and done ( front and rear)
Old 04-04-2012, 05:16 AM   #68
YukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of lightYukonLT is a glorious beacon of light
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Why would you only regear one differential?
Old 04-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #69
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonLT View Post
Why would you only regear one differential?
because i am 2 wheel drive
Old 04-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #70
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
That's low unless you're getting a really good price on labor, or pulling the third members yourself and having it done as a bench job.
sorry yes thats what I was referring to, doing it yourself.

it would cost closer to the mentioned above, 1500-1700 front and rear
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 AM   #71
Swanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the roughSwanson52 is a jewel in the rough
Swanson52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's confusing because you said you re-geared the front.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #72
Almost there

Mispoke, meant rear
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #73
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have a front wheel drive Tacoma? lol
Old 04-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #74
YukonLT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mispoke, meant rear

Ahh, I posted before I saw this. I gotcha
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #75
Almost there

Mines a very rare breed
Old 04-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #76
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
4.56 gears FTW. I did it on my truck and wow what a difference. My speedo is off 7mph at highway speeds and my odo is off 5.7 mph per every 100 miles. I'm running 265-75-16's. Cost was right around $1700 said and done ( front and rear)
5.7 miles adds up after a while!
did you account for the bigger tires in that as well?
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #77
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
5.7 miles adds up after a while!
did you account for the bigger tires in that as well?
What I did was set my gps and the trip meter on the gps as well. Went on a 300 mile trip so I documented the readout on the gps as far as speed goes and then compared the trip mileage with what my odo said.
Note: I corrected my original post. I stated 5.7 mph per 100 miles when I meant to state 5.7 miles per 100 miles