1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

seafoam?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by vtragweed, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Feb 27, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed [OP] Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    i was talking to a rep that distributes seafoam to a lot of shops around here and was talking about the benefits of the stuff, ive always used it in gas like once every 7500k but that about taking a vac line off the engine and sucking down a whole can like he said, he also mentioned that i can take some and put it in the oil and run it for a little bit then change it. has anyone else tried this

2. Feb 27, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I've used it in the oil, fuel, and vac line in my scion. Oil and fuel I didn't notice anything different. Vac line smoked and smoothed out the idle a little bit...but that's about it. It also finished off my catalytic converter.

3. Feb 27, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed [OP] Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    afe pro-dry s filter, LCE headers, painted black steelies,color matched grill surround, URD short shifter, UWS black tool box
    haha, ok so are you saying i shouldnt unless im ready to purchase a new cat?

4. Feb 27, 2011 at 8:53 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I won't say it WILL destroy your cat...but it IS possible. I had nearly 80K when I did it...so it's possible that the cats were already in bad shape...

5. Feb 27, 2011 at 8:59 AM
    vtragweed

vtragweed [OP] Beef Slut

Member:
    First Name:
    Willie
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 2.7 SR5 Debadged
    thanks, now i need to find my vac line

6. Feb 27, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    silverback

silverback Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    central CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prerunner SR5
    painted door handles, bilstein 5100's front and back, K&N air filter. Precision power component speakers and Kenwood deck.
    I did it to my truck at 55k. You got me thinking brunes. I dont want to know right now! lol

7. Feb 28, 2011 at 1:41 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    I've used it in the oil, fuel, and vac lines. Like Brunes I didn't notice much difference when using it in the oil and fuel. I only tried it in the oil once. I don't figure I really need it in there if I'm running full synthetic and changing it regularly. I'll periodically (7-10k miles) run 1/3 a can in the vac lines and a full can in the gas tank. Putting it in the vac lines definitely smooths out the idle. I haven't killed my cats yet. I bought the truck at around 65k miles and I'm at around 104k now.

8. Mar 5, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    andy2003

andy2003 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    16 4Runner SR5
    Ive been a mustang owner on and off for years and its big to do on mustangs. Ive always had cobras and it helps to remove the crud from whats described best as butterfly valves in the heads. It really helps get the muck out of your motor. IT WILL SMOKE LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!!! then change the oil and your good to go look in up on youtube.

Products Discussed in

To Top