LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Better clutch for 2TR

Old 03-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Better clutch for 2TR

So im pretty confident in saying that everyone agrees that the clutch on the 2TR is one of the shittiest clutches they have ever had in a vehicle! I could not agree more! I hate the way it feels, i hate the way it engages (or doesnt engage), and most of all i hate the way it slips! So i decided to finally change that, so i bought this . . . .

Centerforce Dual Friction clutch kit

going to install it here soon, not exactly sure how to put it in but ive installed a few clutches before so hopefully it wont be too bad. Maybe i can find a "how to" on this somewhere
Old 03-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
motoretro has a spectacular aura aboutmotoretro has a spectacular aura about
motoretro's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you pick it up at? What was the damages?

Please keep us posted on installation, driveability, etc

Motoretro
Old 03-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #5
hwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant futurehwork50 has a brilliant future
hwork50's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
Harrytasker1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Christian
Harrytasker1's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 03-10-2011, 03:38 AM   #8
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, definitely post back with results. Mine is nearing replacement time so it seems. I'd be down with replacing it with something better...........Sub'd
Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #9
Quick_1911 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brad
Quick_1911's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd, this thread is relevant to my interests
Old 03-10-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
make sure to take lots of pics for a DIY thread!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
subd!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #12
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do a detailed write up please on the work. I will be needing to do this soon as well.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #13
TRDLogic is on a distinguished road
TRDLogic's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely interested in a writeup...just bought a taco and it feels way different from my old frontier. i dont know if its just me or if the crutch is worn. At 48k miles...
Old 03-10-2011, 05:34 PM   #14
j31driver is on a distinguished road
Army: F.I.S.T.
Name: chris
j31driver's Tacoma Gallery
Sub...
Old 03-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #16
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
Thats cool I want to put in my 2.7 taco. I have 214.000 miles its starting to slip. I bought a cheap one to begin with.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 PM   #17
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
4wheelparts had a sale the other weekend, 20% off everything, so i went ahead and picked it up. Its $455.99 ,without a discount, on their website which is the cheapest ive found it! HOPEFULLY this will be a good $400 spent!

and it will be a few weeks before i have time to put it in but ill do a write up on it
Should be an easy set up. make sure you have the right clutch alignment tool.
Have some brake cleaner because you have clean the preservative off the disk.
Good luck!
Good time to check u joints on the front drive shafts while down their if it need a few squirts of grease turn the shaft 1 rev after a squirt to evenly displace grease in shaft until you see the old stuff coming out.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntr Pat View Post
Should be an easy set up. make sure you have the right clutch alignment tool.
Have some brake cleaner because you have clean the preservative off the disk.
Good luck!
Good time to check u joints on the front drive shafts while down their if it need a few squirts of grease turn the shaft 1 rev after a squirt to evenly displace grease in shaft until you see the old stuff coming out.
im going out of town for a month so it will not be until i get back but ill be sure to do a write up

and thanks for the advice