Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Pics of what you tow with you 2.7

Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #21
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
oooo, A new 2.7 double cab. How is your gas mpg?
Old 03-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #22
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyTaco2011 View Post
Sea Doos !! 2000 GTX and RX

Old set-up with the Dodge Quad cab

New Set-up with the Toy Taco - Kayak carrying capabilities in process !

I hate you AND your Sea Doo's!!

j/k! Very nice setup! Is that Palestine Lake in the background? I wanted to move to TX when I saw that lake last year!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
ToyTaco2011 is on a distinguished road

ToyTaco2011's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
oooo, A new 2.7 double cab. How is your gas mpg?

I'm getting just under 22mpg right now, but it would be better if I didn't fight rush-hour congestion twice a day ! I look forward to taking a primarily interstate trip sometime so I can see the real higher mpg capability.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
I hate you AND your Sea Doo's!!

j/k! Very nice setup! Is that Palestine Lake in the background? I wanted to move to TX when I saw that lake last year!

The lake behind the Dodge is Lake Lavon, Northeast of Dallas. I'm fortunate enough to live between two lakes, Lavon and Ray Hubbard. I can be on the boat ramp of either lake in 10 minutes from my house ! I can also drop the kayak into river below the Lavon spillway and paddle down into the north end of Ray Hubbard.

Palestine Lake is very nice too, but it's about 2 hours for me to get there. Another good one for paddling and bassing is Purtis Creek. It's small, but very nice.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #25
Hardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Hardwater's Tacoma Gallery
I usually only tow my own quad on the trailer, but every now and then I get roped into hauling another one up into the mountains. It's slow going on some passes

Old 03-24-2011, 03:31 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
do any of you guys notice the extra weight much?
Well, we sure won't win at the tractor pull !!! Once I get rolling, it's only bad going up hills. Wind can push it around some too.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 PM   #29
Hardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardwater is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Vehicle Mechanic
Hardwater's Tacoma Gallery
I feel every single last ounce of my load through the mountains.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:32 AM   #30
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambojee View Post
Heres what i had, its like pulling a brick, it sucked.
Seriously? How much weight was on the trailer? Looks like it should be pretty easy to tow that.
Old 03-25-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
Fast1 is on a distinguished road
Fast1's Tacoma Gallery
My new one at work

my old 2000 4 cyl toting two quads 5,000 miles round trip.(MN-CA-MN)

Old 03-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #32
atavuss is on a distinguished road
atavuss's Tacoma Gallery
I tow a 15' Gregor aluminum boat or a 13' utility trailer with a M274 Military Mule or ATV's on it, or a 1946 1/4 ton Bantam trailer with two Hobie kayaks on it with either my 09 4 door TRD 4x4 or my 2010 regular cab 4x4.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #33
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Name: Kyle
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
that pic hauling the 16 foot canoe is funny haha. that thing is sticking way out lol. I wanna get a ocean kayak bad arg
Old 03-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #34
moderately modded
drifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant futuredrifter has a brilliant future

Name: Sam
drifter's Tacoma Gallery
I've pulled this:

I haven't had to tow a trailer yet though.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #35
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeGrown View Post
Seriously? How much weight was on the trailer? Looks like it should be pretty easy to tow that.
im not sure on the weight but it sucked, well i guess im used a dodge ram towing but i had a hard time staying with the flow of traffic but i averaged around 60 mph up hills and i tried to catch some speed going down hills to make it up but other than that i guess on flat ground it wasnt bad at all
Old 03-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #36
goldfish is on a distinguished road
goldfish's Tacoma Gallery
It's not much but between it and the tires going through the mountains of PA and WV I lose quite a bit of speed.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #37
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I hope 2.4s are acceptable too...

Old advertising pic I have of my stuff
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #38
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
Hauled this 2 weeks ago, trailer dead weight was 1730, guessing the VW was about the same. So ~3500lbs. Did fine, Discovered backing a trailer with a regular cab is pretty slick.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #40
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by atavuss View Post
I tow a 15' Gregor aluminum boat or a 13' utility trailer with a M274 Military Mule or ATV's on it, or a 1946 1/4 ton Bantam trailer with two Hobie kayaks on it with either my 09 4 door TRD 4x4 or my 2010 regular cab 4x4.

That is a sweet trailer!