Pics of what you tow with you 2.7

Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #161
district 5 is on a distinguished road

Name: Del
district 5's Tacoma Gallery
when I had my 5 lug.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:50 AM   #162
Does not suffer fools lightly
linzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud of

Name: Linzy
linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
From Florida to Seattle and back again. Then to hell and back (a couple times).

Old 05-25-2013, 01:00 AM   #164
092wdtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
092wdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=linzy77;6937796]From Florida to Seattle and back again. Then to hell and back (a couple times).

YES! I've been waiting for someone to post using a uhaul trailer. I will be driving from Central Oregon to Nashville Tennessee in about 3 weeks. What size is that trailer? Do you know how much your load weighed? Any problems? Thanks!
Old 05-25-2013, 01:10 AM   #165
linzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud oflinzy77 has much to be proud of

linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 092wdtaco View Post
YES! I've been waiting for someone to post using a uhaul trailer. I will be driving from Central Oregon to Nashville Tennessee in about 3 weeks. What size is that trailer? Do you know how much your load weighed? Any problems? Thanks!
It was a 6x12 Uhual. Biggest they have. Tell them you have a V6 or they wont rent it to you. I had the bed full as well. I have no idea what the weight was but I am sure I was over. I-84 was SUPER sketchy. Going up hills was a chore and down was white knuckles. I recommend not going too heavy. Besides that it wasn't too bad just a bit slow. That was about 5 years ago. Had to add a leaf and replace the shocks a year after that but I was also playing in the Oregon Mts. Just traded her in 3 days ago and upped to a V6 TRD with Tow Pkg.

Make sure you get a good service before you go and if you have an automatic I would absolutely get the tranny fluids changed out b4.

Good Luck to you!
Old 05-25-2013, 05:29 AM   #166
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
With my 285s and 3" lift I still haul these around without hardly noticing them. White and black KFX is about 400lbs and the Blue Yamaha is about 550-600lbs

Old 05-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #167
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
With lift and aggressive tires I hauled 3600 pounds of demolished shed and trailer to the dump, I wouldn't want to do it all the time that's for sure. Normally I only tow my seadoo and Atv.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #168
092wdtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
092wdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by linzy77 View Post
It was a 6x12 Uhual. Biggest they have. Tell them you have a V6 or they wont rent it to you. I had the bed full as well. I have no idea what the weight was but I am sure I was over. I-84 was SUPER sketchy. Going up hills was a chore and down was white knuckles. I recommend not going too heavy. Besides that it wasn't too bad just a bit slow. That was about 5 years ago. Had to add a leaf and replace the shocks a year after that but I was also playing in the Oregon Mts. Just traded her in 3 days ago and upped to a V6 TRD with Tow Pkg.

Make sure you get a good service before you go and if you have an automatic I would absolutely get the tranny fluids changed out b4.

Good Luck to you!
Thank you for the info. I had planned on doing a thorough service before leaving. I went to Uhaul's website and they showed that I wasn't able to rent the 6x12 and was wondering how I was going to manage...now I know! I plan on moving as light as possible but that isn't very easy when it's cross country! Congrats on the new truck by the way! Looks great!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #169

linzy77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 092wdtaco View Post
Thank you for the info. I had planned on doing a thorough service before leaving. I went to Uhaul's website and they showed that I wasn't able to rent the 6x12 and was wondering how I was going to manage...now I know! I plan on moving as light as possible but that isn't very easy when it's cross country! Congrats on the new truck by the way! Looks great!

Thanks I am excited to start my build! I was living in Bend also when I moved. (Small world) Good Luck on the move. I love Western NC and Eastern TN. Its beautiful country with lots of places to check out. Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #170
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
Not a very good pic but hauled this refrigerator and my 12' brute force 750 about 10 miles.. let's just say it wasn't very aerodynamic. 4th gear was my friend.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #172
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
hey guys, I have to pull a 3700lbs car up a slight hill about a block or so. The car will be in neutral and has steering(someone will be in the car to operate the hand brake and control the steering wheel) I have 13 4cyl reg cab 4x4, think its worth a shot ? or do I have to swallow my pride and get a buddy with a more powerful truck to help.
thanks for the advice
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #173
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmar View Post
hey guys, I have to pull a 3700lbs car up a slight hill about a block or so. The car will be in neutral and has steering(someone will be in the car to operate the hand brake and control the steering wheel) I have 13 4cyl reg cab 4x4, think its worth a shot ? or do I have to swallow my pride and get a buddy with a more powerful truck to help.
thanks for the advice
I guess you'll be using tow straps?

It should do it without an issue. You'll be needing to go pretty slow anyway since you're not using a tow dolly, and you don't want that car slamming into you.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #174
yesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really niceyesmar is just really nice

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 tacoma View Post
I guess you'll be using tow straps?

It should do it without an issue. You'll be needing to go pretty slow anyway since you're not using a tow dolly, and you don't want that car slamming into you.
yeah I plan on being in 4x4 maybe even low. yes someone will be in the car to use the brake pedal and ebrake when needed. the car is all wheel drive so all 4 will be on the ground rolling

heres where it gets a little hairy, I don't have a tow package so my options are a ball on bumper(rated to 3500) or I can pull it up in reverse with the front recovery point. what do you guys think is my best option?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #175
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
yeah I plan on being in 4x4 maybe even low. yes someone will be in the car to use the brake pedal and ebrake when needed. the car is all wheel drive so all 4 will be on the ground rolling

heres where it gets a little hairy, I don't have a tow package so my options are a ball on bumper(rated to 3500) or I can pull it up in reverse with the front recovery point. what do you guys think is my best option?
Here is someone that's pulled a car (although a lighter car) and trailer with theirs no problems. I doubt you'll need 4 low though that's an option if it comes to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post
Hauled this 2 weeks ago, trailer dead weight was 1730, guessing the VW was about the same. So ~3500lbs. Did fine, Discovered backing a trailer with a regular cab is pretty slick.

I've also pulled about that much weight with mine and it was fine.

Not having a hitch makes it a different situation. I'm not sure I'd trust this to the bumper. Here's some other reading:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off...ry-points.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ry-points.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...or-points.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ry-points.html

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/1st...ry-points.html

It sounds as though your best bet may be using the driver's side recovery point in reverse with a tow strap and taking it a little slow.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #176
swendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedswendling12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
swendling12's Tacoma Gallery
I towed that trailer and bug off of my bumper... Not saying it was the correct way to do it, but it got the job done. The truck had no problems pulling the car about 10 miles and backing up a driveway. I have a bumper mounted receiver hitch for easy connection. I'd say as long as you take it easy, you'll be fine with a strap off of the bumper. I don't see the need for 4x4 or 4 low, just drive it easy and feather the clutch. I personally would not tow something like that in reverse for that far, seems like a good way to tear something up. But what do I know, I'm just a guy on the Internet.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #177

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate it guys, I'm going to give it a whirl in the next day or 2 I'll post a pic later
Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #178

yesmar's Tacoma Gallery
ok gang I got it done! so relieved, I didn't get any pics in the midst of it the last thing on my mind.
anyway to paint the picture

threads in the head are also stripped

We pushed it into work couldn't fix it there. First time it road piggy back in 4+ daily abused faithful years.

This is where he left it. after I had a month or 2 to cool off I bought a REAL daily driver(Tacoma I need to get the off the street to swap parts with my other car and pull the engine and finalybuild it and go stage 3!
to get it off the street I coast it further down the street to the level ground tow strap to a ball on the bumper 4wheel drive and pulled it all the way up 2 blocks and coast it down the street and up into the drive way where the old Mercedes is

boom!

now I can start wrenchin!

my little 4cyl took it like a champ!
Old 06-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #179
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
not mine, saw it in town a few days ago.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by swendling12 View Post
I towed that trailer and bug off of my bumper... Not saying it was the correct way to do it, but it got the job done. The truck had no problems pulling the car about 10 miles and backing up a driveway. I have a bumper mounted receiver hitch for easy connection. I'd say as long as you take it easy, you'll be fine with a strap off of the bumper. I don't see the need for 4x4 or 4 low, just drive it easy and feather the clutch. I personally would not tow something like that in reverse for that far, seems like a good way to tear something up. But what do I know, I'm just a guy on the Internet.
Ah cool. I didn't realize the bumper was that durable.

Quote:
ok gang I got it done! so relieved, I didn't get any pics in the midst of it the last thing on my mind.
anyway to paint the picture

threads in the head are also stripped

We pushed it into work couldn't fix it there. First time it road piggy back in 4+ daily abused faithful years.

This is where he left it. after I had a month or 2 to cool off I bought a REAL daily driver(Tacoma I need to get the off the street to swap parts with my other car and pull the engine and finalybuild it and go stage 3!
to get it off the street I coast it further down the street to the level ground tow strap to a ball on the bumper 4wheel drive and pulled it all the way up 2 blocks and coast it down the street and up into the drive way where the old Mercedes is

boom!

now I can start wrenchin!

my little 4cyl took it like a champ!
I'm glad you were able to get it. Sorry to read about your Audi. I hope you get it going and are happy with it.