Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Pics of what you tow with you 2.7

Old 03-10-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of what you tow with you 2.7

I dont know much about campers, so does anyone have pictures of what they tow? Thanks
Old 03-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
radioactivemint is on a distinguished road
Name: John
radioactivemint's Tacoma Gallery
My friend tows an old Scamp with his '92 4x2 4 cylinder. I wish I had a picture for you. It's a neat little setup and works quite well. Those Scamps are pretty lightweight and nice.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery

16' canoe in a 6' bed, 8' with tailgate down..... 13' kayaks on top.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
my goose hunting trailer,,,about 2200lbs

Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
Crooked Beat is on a distinguished road
Crooked Beat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDaTugBoat View Post

16' canoe in a 6' bed, 8' with tailgate down..... 13' kayaks on top.
With that small coleman trailer, do you tow off of the bumper? If so, how do you connect the safety chains?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:53 AM   #8
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
I installed a class 3 hitch to tow my trailer.......I would not use the bumper...not very strong!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crooked Beat View Post
With that small coleman trailer, do you tow off of the bumper? If so, how do you connect the safety chains?
I have a hitch reciever. Probably not on yet in the pic with the canoes.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-15-2011, 12:37 AM   #12
02tacoma2.7 is on a distinguished road

Name: Barrett
02tacoma2.7's Tacoma Gallery
Here's one thing i tow with mine...

Old 03-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #14

I have some more pics on my fiances camera. Would get them but she has wedding dress pics there too and I dont want to piss her off. So I am waiting for her to do it...
Old 03-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #15
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
No additional pic, just a comment. I pulled that same U-Haul trailer (6x12) with the same weight with my '91 S10 4.3V6, helper springs, totally rebuilt suspension. The Taco handled the trailer MUCH better than the S10. Even though the S10 had more power than the 2.7, the overall size and weight advantage of the Taco made it the clear winner. Pulling the trailer from Lexington, KY to West Lafayette, IN (250 miles) at times felt unsafe with the S10. I never perceived any instability or unsafeness with the Taco.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #16
Surfinpig is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: 88 MP is the patch but many other units
Name: Eric
Surfinpig's Tacoma Gallery
The Best I could do for now. But she pulls at 80mph no problem up the pa turnpike.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics of what you tow with you 2.7-100_0261.jpg  
Old 03-20-2011, 08:01 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02tacoma2.7 View Post
Here's one thing i tow with mine...

DAMN your lawn looks beautiful!!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #19
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
^^ hell yeah it does. and with my 97 2.7l i towed a 1700 lb camper, 2 dirtbikes, 3 31 bfg a/ts gear gas coolers. had some trouble but it managed!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #20
ToyTaco2011 is on a distinguished road

ToyTaco2011's Tacoma Gallery
Sea Doos !! 2000 GTX and RX

Old set-up with the Dodge Quad cab

New Set-up with the Toy Taco - Kayak carrying capabilities in process !