Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 aFe Pro Dry S air filter?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #21
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine- easy to clean- tap it clean or clean with mild soap and water, and no more oiling the filter afterwards. Looks just like a K&N, but with black rubber instead of orange and a different filament material... bought mine for the maintenance factor, any preformance gains will be a bonus!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:49 AM   #22
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
+2

+2

Mostly got one so I could just clean it instead of buying any more.
Same here. Can't tell much difference on mileage, but I hate paying $20 every 20K for cardboard and paper. Easy to clean too, just vacuum carefully. Only paid $30 though a group buy on here.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:35 AM   #23
JEA86 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
JEA86's Tacoma Gallery
buy it off amazon i got minie for like 34 bucks free shipping with free super saver shipping,

I took out the secondary air filter, dropped in the AFE high flow filter and removed the resonator in the fender and i noticed a bit more top end response, low end suffered a loss, however i was able to get some better MPG but i also switched all my fluids (trans, diffs, motor) to synthetic.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
I installed mine a couple weeks ago. Haven't noticed any performance difference, and lost 1-2mpg on my first tank!! But considering how much mileage can vary from tank to tank, I find it hard to attribute any small gains/losses to such a small mod.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:52 PM   #25
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91r100gs View Post
Same here. Can't tell much difference on mileage, but I hate paying $20 every 20K for cardboard and paper. Easy to clean too, just vacuum carefully. Only paid $30 though a group buy on here.
X2. Paid once and that's it. Wash it in the sink and hang it on clothes line - put it back - that's it.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #27
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
I seriously cannot tell a difference with it at all. Had I known K&N makes one I'd have bought that one lol
Old 04-08-2011, 08:00 AM   #29
CIROC 32 is on a distinguished road
CIROC 32's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed mine on Tuesday and I can feel a little diffrence from the AFE Pro dry filter. Also, I cut out the charcoal filter and yanked out the resonator in the fender. Hopefully my gas mileage will increase with these high gas prices. I thought during the Obama's campaign that he was going to go after these oil companies. They must have filled his pockets along with their own.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #30
Señor Member
AC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC13JohnG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIROC 32 View Post
I just installed mine on Tuesday and I can feel a little diffrence from the AFE Pro dry filter. Also, I cut out the charcoal filter and yanked out the resonator in the fender.
Same setup here, I have noticed that low rpm acceleration has smoothed out. I have made too many changes lately to give an accurate assessment about gas mileage.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #31
usualxsuspect has a spectacular aura aboutusualxsuspect has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
usualxsuspect's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed a little better throttle response compared to the stock air filter. That's about it. Not really any HP gains or MPG gains. I mainly got it because it was a no problem filter.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #33
Tunngavik has a spectacular aura aboutTunngavik has a spectacular aura about

Name: Jason
Tunngavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Anyone know where the easiest and cheapest place in Canada to order one? Thanks

I would like to know that too.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #34
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunngavik View Post

I would like to know that too.
Just orderd one from ncor.com came to like $43 + shipping I think? Anyways, will be here in like 2-3 weeks and no more then $80 to my door. Im happy
Old 04-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #35

Quote:
Just orderd one from ncor.com came to like $43 + shipping I think? Anyways, will be here in like 2-3 weeks and no more then $80 to my door. Im happy
ncor.com does not exist. Do you mean nsor.com?
Old 04-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #37

Quote:
.......fuck me, yup lol
Thanks - I'm about to ask for a quote and will post it.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #38
Ted Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of lightTed Nugent is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Tim
Ted Nugent's Tacoma Gallery
Just ordered one last night i hope i get something out of it. I already removed the secondary filter and might have noticed the slightest bit of improvement.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #39
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
Yes I have noticed a gear # 3.5 in the 4-speed automatic... when going uphill it will shift down a little with increased RPM but not all the way to 3rd, and I can slap the stick over to 3rd for a full downshift. Seems odd but glad to hear it is normal operation with the torque converter.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #40
proff49 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
proff49's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know if there is an afe pro dry s for the 2011's yet?

Products Discussed in this Thread