Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Anybody have traction bars on a reg cab?

Old 03-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have traction bars on a reg cab?

For the life of Me I have had no luck finding any place on earth who sells traction bars for a 4x4, reg cab, gen 2, except for possibly Bud Built but I don't like their design at any price. All the traction bars I have found all appear to be meant for extended and double cabs.

I'm looking for something like the Pro Comp traction bars the 6" guys use, preferably with heim joints as opposed to bushings but at this point I would run either. Fabtech already said no go. Pro Comp hasn't gotten back to me on a few tries to get an answer from them, so guess that means no. I started my quest about 5 months ago. Found a site that mention the Pro Comps work on 4-6" lifts but probally also just ext cabs.

As far as lift height goes, is there really much if any differenace in how they would function at 1" of rear lift vs 4" of rear lift? I don't see how that 3" differance would matter, if it does. I mean with either lift height, the springs and shocks compress and extend several inches anyway.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
HA!!!

I may have FINALLY found a place for traction bars and I don't even have to drive to LA to some desert racing fab shop. Playing phone tag with the guy right now. The Nissan guys swear by his bars, so hopefully he can fab something for my monster truck.

This is the PRG (double bar) offroad version. red/white and blue flag material not included. The pic with the flag is the newer version.
Attached Thumbnails
Anybody have traction bars on a reg cab?-getattachment2.jpg   Anybody have traction bars on a reg cab?-tracbars.jpg  
Old 04-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Looks good. Post up pics if you get them.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:53 PM   #4
SILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSILVER06TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines:
SILVER06TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Did you ever get these installed? If so, post some pics if you have time, thanks.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVER06TRD View Post
Did you ever get these installed? If so, post some pics if you have time, thanks.
I have a place that's talking about using Pro Comp bars and if need be adjusting the frame bracket as needed to make work.

The other guy seems to be too hard to get in touch with.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:20 PM   #9

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Yes Bud does make them and a 4 year old could come up with something less ghetto than using the diff bolts to take the strees. Nothing more fun than ripping off the diff bolts and draining the fluid when your 30 miles form a cell signal.

No thanks.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #11
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Yes Bud does make them and a 4 year old could come up with something less ghetto than using the diff bolts to take the strees. Nothing more fun than ripping off the diff bolts and draining the fluid when your 30 miles form a cell signal.

No thanks.
i havent heard anycomplaint and i know he makes good skids so why would his other products be any different. and there should be much stress because you shouldnt have much axle roll.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i havent heard anycomplaint and i know he makes good skids so why would his other products be any different. and there should be much stress because you shouldnt have much axle roll.
yeah the budbuilt traction bars are pretty much the same as the URD one with some slight differences to fit the XRunner platform, but the concept is the same. they have held up well to highly modified XRunners and have really had no problems with durability.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
Banned
johnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: john
johnw's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to johnw Send a message via Yahoo to johnw
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
yeah the budbuilt traction bars are pretty much the same as the URD one with some slight differences to fit the XRunner platform, but the concept is the same. they have held up well to highly modified XRunners and have really had no problems with durability.
didnt know urd made them. learn something every day
Old 11-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #14

chad68's Tacoma Gallery
There is a place called PRG that sells suspension stuff mostly for Nissans. I have tried and tried to get his bars on my truck but he seems to busy to take my money. Too bad because his bars use a heim at the frame mount and a bushing at the rear, where the Pro Comps use bushings all around.

I'm tired of not getting what I want and waiting days, weeks and months for answers, replies.

I'm going to order Pro Comps Friday and try to install them myself since they are bolt in brackets. I just hope I can lower the leaf pack back down on the leaf plate and get the pin to line up, other than that, shouldn't be too tough. Maybe i will tape the block to the overload leaf, so it doesn't drop down when I lift the leafs up to slide the bracket plate in between.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:08 PM   #16
Boogie Man Kryptonite
TRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBeast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wayne
TRDBeast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
There is a place called PRG that sells suspension stuff mostly for Nissans. I have tried and tried to get his bars on my truck but he seems to busy to take my money. Too bad because his bars use a heim at the frame mount and a bushing at the rear, where the Pro Comps use bushings all around.

I'm tired of not getting what I want and waiting days, weeks and months for answers, replies.

I'm going to order Pro Comps Friday and try to install them myself since they are bolt in brackets. I just hope I can lower the leaf pack back down on the leaf plate and get the pin to line up, other than that, shouldn't be too tough. Maybe i will tape the block to the overload leaf, so it doesn't drop down when I lift the leafs up to slide the bracket plate in between.
did you ever order these?