Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Solid basic mods

Old 04-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Solid basic mods

So Im almost positive I will be getting the 2.7 access 5 speed now. Other car sale didnt go through so the Double cab is a bit over budget.
From my little reading I have done in the last month or so, Im thinking about how to start the modding on it. I have fully modded cars before and know its best to do it right once instead of doing it thrice lol. So Im thinking this:
-KnN intake+filter
-Synthetic oils
-Short throw (not sure what kind, any sugg.?)
-Grill and hitch I found on kijijji
( http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ271438952 )
( http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ264995095 )
Also looking at the Blisteins on here forsale.
Any other things I should do?
Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
D-rings. D-rings. D-rings.

One of the least expensive mods you can do to this truck, and I have gotten more use out of those $5 than any of my four-figure mods.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #3
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
If you haven't seen this yet, there are 97 cheap mods here you can consider:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
Old 04-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

One of the least expensive mods you can do to this truck, and I have gotten more use out of those $5 than any of my four-figure mods.
Dumb it down? lol
Old 04-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scocar View Post
If you haven't seen this yet, there are 97 cheap mods here you can consider:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html
wow, alot of good info. thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
tacomunchkin is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Flyboy
tacomunchkin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

still a mod I really need to do on mine.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #7
sweater914 will become famous soon enough
sweater914's Tacoma Gallery
The intake is going to be a wash for power, the current plumbing sucks the air from outside the engine compartment, the money would be better spent on a header, LC Engineering or Doug Thorley, plenty of threads on those products.

Weather Tech floor mats, bed mat, tonneau cover are must have's in my book, shoveling snow out of pickup beds gets old and the composite bed itself is pretty slick a bed mat helps keep things from sliding around.

www.urdusa.com offers a short throw shifter for about $150 US, pretty good reviews.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater914 View Post
The intake is going to be a wash for power, the current plumbing sucks the air from outside the engine compartment, the money would be better spent on a header, LC Engineering or Doug Thorley, plenty of threads on those products.

Weather Tech floor mats, bed mat, tonneau cover are must have's in my book, shoveling snow out of pickup beds gets old and the composite bed itself is pretty slick a bed mat helps keep things from sliding around.

www.urdusa.com offers a short throw shifter for about $150 US, pretty good reviews.
tonneau cover is a must for me too, forgot that. Bought one for the last ruck and loved it. Bed mat would get stolen here the first night if it doesnt get attched to anything. does it? shifter seems good too
Old 04-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #9

I was also thinking about buying an aftermarket header, magnaflow cat and exhaust. Anyone have the full thing? Had the cats and catback on my old 5.3 chev and loved it
Old 04-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #10
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I use those extra D-rings constantly.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
Taco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco505 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Dependent, pops was a Major
Name: Alex
Taco505's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
I was also thinking about buying an aftermarket header, magnaflow cat and exhaust. Anyone have the full thing? Had the cats and catback on my old 5.3 chev and loved it
i have the dt header and a magnaflow exhaust i love it, and alot of people seem to like it alot it sounds pretty damn good.

also dont waste your money on a full exhaust just get the header and the muffler. no reason to replace the cats its not gonna do any thing for you haha.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:37 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco505 View Post
i have the dt header and a magnaflow exhaust i love it, and alot of people seem to like it alot it sounds pretty damn good.

also dont waste your money on a full exhaust just get the header and the muffler. no reason to replace the cats its not gonna do any thing for you haha.
Ya I heard that but I dont wanna hack it up incase i sold it
Old 04-02-2011, 06:49 AM   #13
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower29 View Post
Dumb it down? lol

Additional D-rings in the bed. There are a couple good write-ups on here.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reepur View Post
The intermittent wiper mod is a must in my book. The DTRL mod is cheap and easy to do also (not a must, just looks good)

I have the URD short shifter and recommend it.
Truck comes stock with the DTRL and inter wipers. How hard was the shifter to install?
Old 04-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
jking3002 is on a distinguished road

Army: USAG Fort Knox
Name: Jonathan
jking3002's Tacoma Gallery
OP, if your getting a cover for the bed I highly doubt the bed mat would get stolen... Nobody would even know you had it unless they inspected your truck!